Closed Thread
Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Egon, I don't really want to put my cock in your mouth - please prove me wrong.

I'll do it if I have to, but c'mon man.

Day: Naw, they only deny your treatment later if you forgot to put on your "prior medical conditions" form that you had acne when you were 12.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    That's great, but we're talking about someone without existing coverage. It's up to you to prove that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois would cover this person in this situation now.
    The whole lupus person started with them being 15 and having coverage under thier parents. Did i miss a post where that changed?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

almost unrelated but I got lucky a while back
    needed corrective jaw surgery, and the insurance person accidentally approved it
    so it cost like 150 instead of 6k

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Egon, I don't really want to put my cock in your mouth - please prove me wrong.

I'll do it if I have to, but c'mon man.

Day: Naw, they only deny your treatment later if you forgot to put on your "prior medical conditions" form that you had acne when you were 12.
    Oh silly me getting my profit loopholes confused.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    The whole lupus person started with them being 15 and having coverage under thier parents. Did i miss a post where that changed?
    Apparently.

I posted this
    So, you're saying your insurance couldn't have dumped you at 18 because you had lupus? Or that a new policy couldn't reject you since you carried insurance actively until you switched? Which?

Find it and I'll believe it - it helps your argument.

However, we have another issue. What if your parents didn't provide you insurance, and you got lupus at 15? Is the ability to be insured for life just dependent on the "birth lottery?" Because that's what you're suggesting.
    and you quoted that and said "let's say you're right" etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    When you have a $200m budget to lobby lawmakers and no laws to prevent this or strict regulation? Your trolling is awful keep your grudge in check, pal.
    Government's job is to protect the people's rights.

If they can't say no to lobbying, what makes you think they're going to make healthcare work in your best interest?

Banned.

BG Level

1. There is no health care "crisis"
    2. Any major problems have clear, quick, easy, and cheap free market solutions.
    3. If you don't believe me, you deserve to give the American people a chance to revisit the issue after these solutions by asking them after you do everything possible (tort reform, allow sales of insurance across state lines, etc)

So before everyone jumps to big government for the problem, why not make some significant steps that will help things for the better that don't cost a fortune?

This young, innocent, pure, white, blonde, attractive lady died from a treatable condition because she had no health insurance. And no! She wasn't poor-- she had a college education and a career. Her condition eventually prevented her from working. And sadly there was no strong, white, Christian male with a heart of gold to give this fair lady a kiss and wake her from slumber.

In fact this girl is not alone. Young, pure, attractive blonde ladies are dying all across the country due to lack of health insurance. (And remember, I'm talking about ones who aren't poor, and therefore can't just solve all of their own problems by working harder and getting more jobs). In fact, many of these beautiful blonde ladies are probably even virgins when they die. This a tragedy we cannot allow to happen. We must spare no expense in saving the lives of these lily-white, platinum blonde, gorgeous, virginal damsels in distress. We must run news stories about them 24/7, interviewing their families while the screen displays slide-shows of their beautiful photographs.

And if we do this, I guarantee that at least three quarters of conservatives in America will almost immediately begin to support health care reform, no matter what the cost.
    Thanks for the sob story. I don't think I've cried that hard since The Lake House.

Your first error is assuming that conservatives don't have feelings and that bombarding them with a sad story will simply force them to toss away all of their values and vote for big government. Apparently unknown to you, conservatives do see issues with the health care system and they have lists of solutions. Liberals only have one: government. Government does have a role in many aspects of our lives. Jumping to them to solve every problem is problematic.

I'm curious why liberals, so concerned with "lowering costs" so easily abandon things like tort reform. In fact, if anything at all would hurt one of their unions you can count on liberals to ditch it. I fail to see how these people have earned your trust.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I'm printing this thread out and sending it to brobama, holy shit man.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    1. There is no health care "crisis"
    2. Any major problems have clear, quick, easy, and cheap free market solutions.
    If I'm a 17 year old uninsured kid with lupus, I have a health care crisis. How is the free market going to help me?

Old Merits
    BG Level

If I'm a 17 year old uninsured kid with lupus, I have a health care crisis. How is the free market going to help me?
    Not the free markets problem. It's your problem.

And i assumed you were talking about the same lupus patient, not a new one.

If I'm hungry and don't have any money, is it McDonald's problem?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

You might find a catholic hospital? (Or one's that only exist for charity)

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Solefald View Post
    Maybe this will make it easier for conservatives here to understand. Pretty graphics!
    http://www29.a2hosting.com/%7Ealaddi...hcpremiums.png

From the Kaiser Family Foundation http://ehbs.kff.org/images/abstract/7814.pdf

As you can see, the cost of health insurance has doubled in the last 10 years. And as anyone who has health insurance through their job knows, employers pay for most of it. Both businesses and individuals are getting squeezed by spiraling health care costs.
    and remember how it was those gosh-durn Unions' fault for bankrupting the auto-industry? and notice how in other countries the companies don't have to deal with providing health care because the government does, thus avoiding benefits-based financial problems?

oh yeah

of course the free-marketeer response is that the workers should foot their own healthcare bills, pushing many factory workers into low-income life just so they can have their families see doctors. whatever it takes to keep the corporations solvent!

Family, Friends, Charity, Church(If applicable), your Community and those who care about you.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrus_Asura View Post
    Government's job is to protect the people's rights.

If they can't say no to lobbying, what makes you think they're going to make healthcare work in your best interest?
    why does lobbying hold so much sway?

think hard: it has to do with people who have a lot more money than other people.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin View Post

think hard: it has to do with people who have a lot more money than other people.
    Or it has to do with there not being enough reps in congress.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Not the free markets problem. It's your problem.

And i assumed you were talking about the same lupus patient, not a new one.

If I'm hungry and don't have any money, is it McDonald's problem?
    Yes. They don't get yo money.

My retarded logic is better than your retarded logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin View Post

Uneven distribution of wealth will always exist faggot.

Your gods(Politicians) don't have the balls to say no to money.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampdonkeyPLD View Post
    You might find a catholic hospital? (Or one's that only exist for charity)
    I don't know if you really know much about lupus, but it's not something you go to a hospital one time for and you're all better. Insurance covers other things than hospital visits, things like prescriptions (antirheumetic drugs, other anti-inflammatory drugs, and immunosuppressive drugs).

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SwampdonkeyPLD View Post
    Or it has to do with there not being enough reps in congress.
    yes, there's definitely not enough money in corporate america to buy more votes

BG Level

Ahem.

You can't say the free market is the solution to health care, and then when I say "but what about this situation" callously say "not my problem".

Lupus (amongst many conditions) is not the result of poor lifestyle choices. It's not preventable. If you get it, you plain and simple just got fucking unlucky.

Now look, plenty of people get unlucky in life, and that sucks.

BUT DON'T FUCKING PRETEND THE FREE MARKET IS THE ANSWER when some people just get COMPLETELY FUCKED due to NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN with NO RECOURSE.

At least acknowledge that your "ultimate solution" leaves some people completely screwed, period, end of sentence, you callous fucks.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast