My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Alchemy is a real money maker.. this game is insanely dependent on potions of one kind or another, especially flight time ones!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

FINALLY got the FT key.
    only took 2 million xp worth of killing things 3-5 levels higher then me. Chanters are win.

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Alchemy is a real money maker.. this game is insanely dependent on potions of one kind or another, especially flight time ones!
    Yup, I just took up Alch to help out my assassin. Its really nice, and easy to level up. Plus you see results very quickly.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

400 cooking

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    People on Kaisinel must not believe in potions, then. Took me 3 days to sell 3 stacks of 15 Greater Wind Serum and HP/MP potions are break even on production costs and sell slowly, too.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    People on Kaisinel must not believe in potions, then. Took me 3 days to sell 3 stacks of 15 Greater Wind Serum and HP/MP potions are break even on production costs and sell slowly, too.
    Are you brokering them or using a private shop? Set up a private shop selling them for a lil less then vendor in Reshanta and you should make a nice bit of cash.

Did they remove the stupid bazaar timer? Only real reason why I haven't done that yet.

I don't think its been removed. It seems kinda wonky though on booting you. Ive stayed on for like 5hrs once and not been booted, other times after 1hr of being afk it will kick me. I really wish the game didnt kick you to the desktop though

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

i'm leveling handicraft for the main purpose of crafting my own bows. i was so happy reaching 140+ (141) today, that i decided to give the koa bow 2 shots and what happens? proc on first :3 now 1/2 on that synth. sadly, the worthy koa bow synth didn't proc but at least i got a lovely Worthy Koa Bow now for my lvl 26 ranger and +4 it to celebrate.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

This quest was annoying, I died at least 2 times trying to manually get to Black Cloud Island because it randomly glitched/bugged while the first part of the trip was taking place, where it automatically flies you as if you were paying for a flight. So I went up to the NPC and I couldn't do anything. I wrote a petition but it was worthless as shit. I logged out and finally the damn thing let me complete the quest.

http://i37.tinypic.com/258nrz6.jpg

Oh and ding 34. Time to pass out, what an annoying day, Elyos were trying to ambush me all day, most of them always run away when they realize they are about to lose, how fucking weak is that? How are you going to start some shit with someone and not even end it?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anamanagucci View Post
    ... what an annoying day, Elyos were trying to ambush me all day, most of them always run away when they realize they are about to lose, how fucking weak is that? How are you going to start some shit with someone and not even end it?
    Really? Come on, lol

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Really? Come on, lol
    There have been a few decent Elyos that just fought flat ground face to face and to the death. I usually like those best, if it's 1v1 I stick around until someone dies.

I just think it's funny how someone thinks they are going to win just because they hit you first and then chicken shit out once they realize you know wtf you are doing.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Why die when you can live by just leaving? I don't know why someone would even jump a solo templar to begin with, big waste of time :/

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    Why die when you can live by just leaving? I don't know why someone would even jump a solo templar to begin with, big waste of time :/
    Templars are one of the few classes I could jump on Glad and have a fair shot at winning. From there it's a toss-up on whether or not they've gone HP/Shield or Crit. Most I've come across seem to go the former, but sadly, I have nothing to really stop them from running if it looks like I'll win.

Quote Originally Posted by Anamanagucci View Post
    There have been a few IDIOT Elyos that just fought flat ground face to face and to the death. I usually like those best, if it's 1v1 I stick around until someone dies.

I just think it's funny how someone thinks they are going to win just because they hit you first and then chicken shit out once they realize you know wtf you are doing.
    Its called tactics. Sure it's a game, but RL still translates into it at some points. If you know you can't win a fight, you hightail it out and wait for a chance to win. You don't just go "Dur ok I lose, kill me". Self-preservation is key.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Templars are one of the few classes I could jump on Glad and have a fair shot at winning. From there it's a toss-up on whether or not they've gone HP/Shield or Crit. Most I've come across seem to go the former, but sadly, I have nothing to really stop them from running if it looks like I'll win.
    Tank build templars for leveling are hilariously easy to kill. Go up against a good Critlar that utilizes both his S&B+GS skills and you'll be fucked in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    Tank build templars for leveling are hilariously easy to kill. Go up against a good Critlar that utilizes both his S&B+GS skills and you'll be fucked in a heartbeat.
    All the more reason Glad could use some help, then.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

http://imagebeast.net/images/j7yl7q5sb98fjsh3i6w5.jpg

Total loss:
    3 + 15s (~120k per)
    7 +12s (~40-60k per)
    5 +10s (~10kish per)

GOD DAMN.
    I thought i was done at 3, but then I noticed the fourth one too. To which I promptly failed. >_>

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My first foray into PVP sucked as a gladiator, but I think it was mostly due to circumstance. Trying to get some quests done I would get bum rushed and ganked. Once my legion got together to do some hunting we could only find four asmos. And at one point I had to land to get some flight time back and of course was ganked again. Overall it was frustrating and disappointing. I need some more prep before trying again. Better gear, a level or two. It doesn't help that I'm still a bit clumsy with the controls. I keep trying to change the camera FFXI style. Then I go to the mouse FPS style and eh, I'm just clumsy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Glad takes a lot of skills/preperation/knowing what you're doing all balled up into 1 spinning AoE of awesome to be good in PvP, bad Glad's are bad! (Not saying you are, or am I!?)

Thinks I keep on me (Most people should):
    Greater/Lesser Healing Potions
    Life Serum (890 Hp minimum)
    Wind Serum (I use 36s ones)
    Crit/Speed/Run Speed/Flight Speed scrolls

Stigma's:
    Ankle Snare*
    Unwavering Devotion*
    Crippling Cut
    Improved Stamina

Learn your skills, where they are, how to move while attacking, learn your surroundings, etc!

At first on Glad, I was very turned off by PvP, but experience, learning skills, and becoming much more comfortable with the class has helped more than anything, as well as being geared correctly. As you get higher & get your more important skills, Glad becomes MUCH more aggressive & fun in PvP. Feel free to PM/Msn/Aim me about Glad questions!

*Ankle Snare & Unwavering Devotion are BEYOND expensive, but so worth it, if you need to skip some gear upgrades to afford it, do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast