+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Americans are NOT stupid... are they?

It was requested that I post this here... so uh, here. A few of these people made me rage. A few made me laugh. All of them are pretty fucking tragic, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Have fun. I couldn't sit through the whole thing, I had to pause it a few times and walk away.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

These are always funny, but could be done and said for any country in the world to be honest. Just ask a hundred people and only show the clips of the dumb ones.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Uh, sure but... "how many sides does a triangle have?" "what religion are buddhist monks?" "name a country that starts with 'U'?" Not being able to answer those -- that's beyond stupid. And these people are allowed to vote. So sad.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Totally hasn't been posted 3 times before.

No youtube thread either.

Banned.

BG Level

Looks like several days of footage. I wonder how many people got the questions right.

EDIT: Also what Correction said.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Its basically like what Leno used to do, Jaywalking. Not only do they do a ton of different people and pick only the stupid ones, they also ask each person like hours of questions and try to catch you slipping. In the case of this video, it looks more like the former thing though, picking the really really stupid people.

The triangle and buddhist monk ones seem pretty bad, but I could easily see people that clearly would know the question getting it wrong using certain tactics. I think the geography ones are worse/funnier, where they literally made up land in the bottom right of the map for people to find. Its hard not to see a map or globe once in awhile and its pretty sad that you could be fooled into believing an entirely fake land mass on no other map exists (and happens to be the country you were asked to find).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    I think the geography ones are worse/funnier, where they literally made up land in the bottom right of the map for people to find. Its hard not to see a map or globe once in awhile and its pretty sad that you could be fooled into believing an entirely fake land mass on no other map exists (and happens to be the country you were asked to find).
    Uh. That's Australia.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Judging by Geno's post and the OP: Yes.

assburgers
    BG Level

The picture the guy held up, had Iran written on Australia on the map, which is funny in itself that people put the flag there, but it's the same as if I asked someone who lives in say... Kentucky "How do you pronounce the capital of Kentucky: Loo-ey-ville, or Loo-is-ville?"

Hell, I'll ask you, which is it?

Spoiler: show
    It's Frankfort.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    Uh. That's Australia.
    I'll admit, that was pretty retarded of me, lol. But in my defense, I actually didn't watch the video before I posted that. I remembered it from the still shot in the beginning from when I had seen it a long time ago and the part I remembered most was the guy mentioning how he never knew S. Korea was so much smaller than N. Korea. (and I've seen some similar skits where they completely fuck up a map and no one notices, which I'll go ahead and assume I was combining with my memory of this video)

Yeah and Santa Claus is real. I don't believe in Australia, made up by the media to justify the accent.

edit: Funny enough, I happen to have a hemisphere map carpet on my wall that confirms my suspicions:

http://i37.tinypic.com/whz1bo.jpg
    (the penguins down at the bottom surely agree with me)

Also, as you may have noticed, I have a sinking suspicion that the devil lives in the pacific ocean, somewhere near hawaii:

http://i37.tinypic.com/x285yb.jpg
    (Poseidon wouldn't have such evil horns imo)

LazyShell
    BG Level

By the way, I'd have totally said Utah for the KFC one and they woulda cut it before I mention thats where the actual franchise based on the original restaurant was started

Old Merits
    BG Level

Of course a ton of Americans are stupid, and so help you if you try to 'edumacate' them. I first saw this video a long time ago, and I'm still amazed they found somebody who didn't know about a triangle, and couldn't name a country that began with U.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Couldn't doesn't begin with U.

My Dorito-Wyvern and I were wondering if there is any room for a party dragoon.
    Ive got kool-aid and whiskey!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

You know what is amazing cause i realized just now that North Korea is a lot larger then South Korea.

I didn't know it was large like that!

Had to pause and take a deep breath at this point ;\

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

this made me giggle. I'm glad I was raised properly. ^_^

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

sage
    saaaaage

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    These are always funny, but could be done and said for any country in the world to be honest. Just ask a hundred people and only show the clips of the dumb ones.
    Similar to the "A Gathering Storm", apocalypse-themed commercial that got exposed and decimated when the original acting rehearsal/casting call vids were released.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    It was requested that I post this here... so uh, here. A few of these people made me rage. A few made me laugh. All of them are pretty fucking tragic, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Have fun. I couldn't sit through the whole thing, I had to pause it a few times and walk away.
    lolTexas

I'm shocked that there are stupid people in this world. I'm sure you could make the same type of clip in any country.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I like the people that think this is legit in any form or fashion lol. All you have to do is look for any blond or any redneck and you've got yourself a super cool youtuber.

Everyone knows that common sense aint so common.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast