+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Thoughts?

Dell Inspiron Core 2 Duo Gaming Laptop - eBay (item 180409651365 end time Sep-20-09 11:03:08 PDT)

This looks fishy? 3,2ghz is a buttload and the chipset from what I have researched only allows up to 2GB of ram.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I never had actually bought any electronics off of ebay my self, but due to my friends often misfortunes from craigslist and ebay. I will stick to straying away from those types of deals.

The guy never even mentioned the actual Model# so it's sorta hard to look it up specifically.

This doesn't claim to have as good as a graphics card as that one you linked claims, but its also less shady.
    Toshiba Satellite 16-inch Notebook $500 Shipped at OfficeMax - Dealhack
    But it is a decent new laptop for $500

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That's a shitty old laptop.

Pentium 4 3.2ghz is what it should be, I've seen it before on that model.

Do not buy.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    That's a shitty old laptop.

Pentium 4 3.2ghz is what it should be, I've seen it before on that model.

Do not buy.
    Its funny because I commented by asking a Q on that, also how his chipset doesnt support 4G, he won't respond .

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh the seller is probably either doing this on purpose, or decided to use some "market" names in an attempt to get more bids and a sale to someone who doesn't know laptop techs as much.

On paper, Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz is possible, but overclock only. I believe, from what I last read, 2 or so weeks ago, the highest spec Core 2 Duo is a 2.93ghz ones (not including the extreme range) model T9550.

His other item is laughable too, a 2.8ghz Pentium M isn't possible, not without overclocking (and killing, probably, the laptop, unless you live near Polar Bears). I believe the highest spec Pentium M was 2.2ghz before Core Duos rolled over.