Closed Thread
Page 21 of 730 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Yeah, save everyone else your sick-germs, thanks.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Here's a question. I have had a bit of a head cold (sore throat + runny nose) the past few days. I really don't feel like missing another day of work even though I have plenty of paid sick time to use, but should I go to the gym?

I'm pretty sure the general rule of thumb is anything throat and above is fine to go to the gym with, as long as you don't over-exert yourself. Thoughts? I really don't feel like falling out of it for another week again. I'm pretty sure there are some different viewpoints on this, I'd just like to hear some of yours.
    I'd say no, just so you don't get other people sick... When you're sick, you should listen to your body. Sometimes your body just needs that rest...and a week of rest may do your body good! But if you feel like you're not too sick and still want to work out, you can. Do you HAVE to workout at the gym? Because if not, you can do some awesome workouts at home/outside.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Try to avoid getting others sick for sure. But do some shit at home, a little is better than nothing.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just do some stretching at home.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    What's some good stuff to eat that's fairly inexpensive to help boost calories?
    so i usually have a cheat meal or 2 on Sundays partially for my own mental health and because Monday is leg day and the extra carbs the day before really helps out a lot. and i'm looking at some of the nutritional values of some fast food shit.

The double baconator
    calories: 970
    fat: 60.0g
    carbs: 44
    protien: 62

WHAT THE FUCKKKKK. that's like 2 of my normal meals

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

double baconator? what the fuck

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    so i usually have a cheat meal or 2 on Sundays partially for my own mental health and because Monday is leg day and the extra carbs the day before really helps out a lot. and i'm looking at some of the nutritional values of some fast food shit.

The double baconator
    calories: 970
    fat: 60.0g
    carbs: 44
    protien: 62

WHAT THE FUCKKKKK. that's like 2 of my normal meals
    That's fucking awesome lol.

the double down from KFC is like 600 something calories but alllll protein lol

now that I'm not bulking anymore I miss my bi-weekly fast food excursions

Banned.

BG Level

Apparently there's a triple Baconator.

Calories: 1330
    Fat: 86g
    Carbs: 47
    Protein : 90
    How could this not be illegal?

you don't cheat at all atreides? i find that if i dont schedule a cheat here and there i'm prone to binging.

nope, I'm really disciplined on a cutting routine. I haven't really been big into unhealthy stuff for the past few years, so my "indulgences" are just fruit and savory stuff like peanut butter. Plus I try to mix up my diet so I don't get bored, but keep it pretty healthy and make sure to purge all the unhealthy stuff from my kitchen when I switch over.

I do have a pretty big sweet tooth, so I let myself have a small piece of dark chocolate every night but that's only 75 calories.

I am definitely looking forward to bulking again so I can have some cheeseburgers lol

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think you can probably have a sensible cheeseburger during your cutting phase. And have you made that French toast you were talking about, Atreides?

While I'm maintaining my weight, I've sort of let go on being strict on my diet...but eh. Haven't gained any real weight (just normal daily fluctuations) and keeps me sane. Then again, it's mainly just frozen yogurt or tons of dark chocolate.

That triple baconator actually looks not bad, nutrition stat wise. Good amount of protein. If I ate meat, I'd probably make my own bacon burger minus the bun.

What's your typical calorie intake per day?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Weighed myself at the gym the other day for the first time in just about a year.

25 lbs heavier, which really is pretty good considering how bad I was at going to the gym over the summer, fall and first part of spring.

So I'm at 150 now, still skinny but I pretty much had no muscle mass when I started lifting in Jan of 09.

Quote Originally Posted by Weiing View Post
    I think you can probably have a sensible cheeseburger during your cutting phase. And have you made that French toast you were talking about, Atreides?

While I'm maintaining my weight, I've sort of let go on being strict on my diet...but eh. Haven't gained any real weight (just normal daily fluctuations) and keeps me sane. Then again, it's mainly just frozen yogurt or tons of dark chocolate.

That triple baconator actually looks not bad, nutrition stat wise. Good amount of protein. If I ate meat, I'd probably make my own bacon burger minus the bun.

What's your typical calorie intake per day?
    no not yet but I've been experimenting with some other stuff. Just made grilled tostones tonight (green plantain, they're normally fried, usually I have sweet potato) and they came out great! Same flavor as the normally fried tostones, just not swimming in oil:
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2ey84fo.jpg
    It's pretty amazing what you can make with just olive oil and a foreman grill lol. Whey french toast will probably be at some point soon, I still need to buy vanilla whey to cook with.

And yea, considering my dinner is normally ~450 calories I could probably get away with a Wendy's Bacon & Blue Burger without the bun (490 cals), on lettuce leaves or something, but eh. I might actually just go ahead and make a low sodium Hebrew National kosher hot dog on a whole wheat bun with american cheese, if I get in that kinda mood.

And my calorie intake is 2k/day while cutting, 4-4.5k/day while bulking, but I think you were asking Res?

Oh and also, I don't know how good they are but Applebees has been advertising these 550 calories and under meals, some of the stuff on there looks pretty good:

Grilled Shrimp & Island Rice
    http://www.applebees.com/images/menu...sland_rice.jpg
    Under 550 Calories
    Seasoned, grilled shrimp skewers on citrus island rice served with seasonal vegetables.
    $ 12.99

Asiago Peppercorn Steak
    http://www.applebees.com/images/menu...corn_steak.jpg
    Under 550 Calories
    Our classic 7 oz. sirloin, grilled and topped with cracked peppercorns and melted Asiago cheese. Served with steamed herb potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
    $ 11.99

Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos
    http://www.applebees.com/images/menu...on_chicken.jpg
    Under 550 Calories
    Marinated chicken breast grilled and topped with roasted red peppers, onions, portobello mushrooms, Dijon sauce, and aged cheddar cheese. Served with steamed herb potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
    $ 11.99

Spicy Shrimp DiavoloSpicy
    http://www.applebees.com/images/menu...mp_diavolo.jpg
    Under 550 Calories
    A spicy tomato-basil Diavolo sauce with chili-seasoned shrimp tossed with diced vegetables. Served over a warm bed of whole wheat penne pasta and topped with shredded Parmesan.
    $ 12.99

Asian Crunch Salad
    http://www.applebees.com/images/menu...unch_salad.jpg
    Under 550 Calories
    Grilled chicken breast served over crunchy salad greens, roasted red peppers & onions, sugar snap peas and refreshing cucumbers. Features our tangy Asian vinaigrette topped with sliced almonds and cilantro.
    granted, someone who knows enough about nutrition can make their own low-cal meals at most places instead, but these seem nice if you're in a hurry or going out with friends or something. The steak with asiago seems tempting (and it's 7oz!), since red meat is what I miss most on a cut.

And yea, I guess my secret to not cheating is taking the time to think up how I can eat the stuff I want (with reasonable substitutions) and have it fit in my diet.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Weighed myself at the gym the other day for the first time in just about a year.

25 lbs heavier, which really is pretty good considering how bad I was at going to the gym over the summer, fall and first part of spring.

So I'm at 150 now, still skinny but I pretty much had no muscle mass when I started lifting in Jan of 09.
    How tall are you?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

6'3" - 6'4"

GATTACA!

BG Level

25 lbs is quite a difference, good job

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    no not yet but I've been experimenting with some other stuff. Just made grilled tostones tonight (green plantain, they're normally fried, usually I have sweet potato) and they came out great! Same flavor as the normally fried tostones, just not swimming in oil:
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2ey84fo.jpg
    It's pretty amazing what you can make with just olive oil and a foreman grill lol. Whey french toast will probably be at some point soon, I still need to buy vanilla whey to cook with.

And yea, considering my dinner is normally ~450 calories I could probably get away with a Wendy's Bacon & Blue Burger without the bun (490 cals), on lettuce leaves or something, but eh. I might actually just go ahead and make a low sodium Hebrew National kosher hot dog on a whole wheat bun with american cheese, if I get in that kinda mood.

And my calorie intake is 2k/day while cutting, 4-4.5k/day while bulking, but I think you were asking Res?
    Other than the fact that hot dogs are gross/processed and american cheese is crazy processed, sounds good.

I'd like to hear back about the french toast though! Keep me posted.

Also with the caloric intake, it was really directed at either of you or anyone else who wanted to answer. Do you ever eat at maintenance level? If so, what is your maintenance level?

Sometimes I wish I was a guy so I can be able to eat tons of food...but then sometimes I just can't even eat that much. :\

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I couldn't get through half a day on 2,000 calories.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I couldn't get through half a day on 2,000 calories.
    Well you also run like 50 miles a day, so you need all those calories to keep up.

I'm back fully on my diet & exercise routine. I'm about 225 right now, & 6'3. Looking to get to 200 by the summer. I have a large frame, so anything under that, and I think I'd look sickly. Maybe 190 tops. I go to the gym about 4 times a week with 40 mins cardio & 50 mins of weights each day. Looking to add a 5th day of just cardio in.

My diet consists of a breakfast bar or apple in the morning, Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner along with a Wheybolic Extreme 60 protein drink after the gym. It's lower cal and more for recovery and building strength, working well so far.

I've just recently started going really hard at the gym again. I haven't lost too much, but have definitely toned up a bit. With going full force in the diet and eating about 1500 calories a day (I calorie count) I should notice an improvement soon.

I also allow myself 1 free day a week (usually the weekend) where I eat whatever I want, within reason of course. It is really tough living on Lean Cuisine. I'm still kind of hungry after, but it's very good for learning portion control.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 730 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast