Closed Thread
Page 4 of 730 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sephir View Post
    Hmmm. So what is BG fitnesses advice for getting rid of the "sit-gut". Basically thats a gut that only seems to appear when I sit down. I workout 5 days a week for close to an hour, mostly doing intense cardio (Cycling, Running, Rowing). I've been doing this since May and yet the only difference (and the one I was hoping to achieve) was an increase in overall endurance - since I compete in Bicycle races.
    The other workout I've done has been in the weight room, but this has mostly been targeted to my legs and core because I do not want to gain weight unnecessarily (heavier cyclist = more resistance) and instead want to simply strength train. I eat very healthy, usually eating a small sandwich for breakfast and a fruit bowl for lunch and usually lean meat with some veggies and rice for dinner.

Honestly I can't see what changes I can really make to make the sit gut go away, any suggestions?
    how visible are your abs? if you have a full on 6-8pack then it's just some simple stomach distension. try vacuums

edit

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...stomach-vacuum

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    Not bothering with a new thread, bumping my old one..

I started the p90x workout today.. and Jesus Bruce Almighty.

I know they say it's normal but I never realized how hard doing more than 15 pushups and a few pullups are. But an hours worth? I only did about 30 minutes worth but my whole upper body is so .. stiff I guess? My muscles refused to do anymore, lol.

For anyone else who has used this program.. how long did it take before you were able to do the full 50~ minutes of the upper body workout? Just curious.. And also, side note.. never eat jalapeños an hour before you workout. You feel it. Bad. Baaaad.

Edit: does sweating = this program working? I never sweat.. I sweat on this and it felt like I did nothing!
    chest and back is probably my favorite one, took close to a month (4 sessions i guess) till i could complete the whole thing doing a respectable amount of reps in each exercise. i try to stay consistent and do 15-20 pushups each set instead of max reps. idk how those fools in the video can do 30+ every time

once you are a month or two in is when you switch to chest and shoulders which is fucking awesome. its nice not having to go from pushup to pull up to pushup to pull up

[2012: Year of the Whore]
    BG Level

I hope it gets better, lol. I am so fucking sore today and I felt like I did nothing (3-7 reps each for the 30 minutes I lasted). Today is a bunch of jumping and moving around which is something I am more good at.

Also, scrambled eggs (I'm eating two yolks max. a day but plenty of whites) and ketchup sandwiches are amaaaazingly yummy with grilled chicken. I just gotta remember to eat within an hour after working out along with a protein shake.

Edit: Also, I notice others asking questions in this thread.. which is great because their questions are questions I also wonder too. Should just make this a fitness thread for everyone wanting to get more into shape!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    how visible are your abs? if you have a full on 6-8pack then it's just some simple stomach distension. try vacuums

edit

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...stomach-vacuum
    When I do that my abs are not visible at all - its just flat. However If I lean backwards and do it you can see the outline of a 6 pack, even when I stand normally you can feel it just under the skin.

Banned.

BG Level

When I do that my abs are not visible at all - its just flat. However If I lean backwards and do it you can see the outline of a 6 pack, even when I stand normally you can feel it just under the skin.
    then you need to cut the carbs a bit, cut out the fruit for lunch and whatever you're having for dinner have that for lunch as well.

BG Level

Plyometrics .. kicks .. fucking .. aaaaass. *sweatpanthuffpuff*

For those that haven't done P90X and need some cardio, holy shit this .. works. I know my cardio is horrible and I only made it 35~ minutes in before I had to shut it off but this stuff buuuurns me.

I've never in my life yelled at the TV but I was yelling "Fuck you! nooo!" when I'd have to do Rock Star Jumps and some form of squat/jumpingjack hybrid.

And to whoever recommended P90X thank you, this is worth it lol.

stomach vacuums won't make your abs instantly visible, but after 3-4 weeks of doing them as instructed you will notice a BIG difference in how they look. they're an incredible exercise that everyone should do, really

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Instead of making a new thread I figured I'd just hijack this one for my own purposes ;x.

Anyways~ I wanted to ask people here(mostly runners/cyclists) if they've read any good books that they'd recommend? I loved the book tyche mentioned once(Run less/faster) but some of the other books I've bought since then have sucked massive nuts(Sports Nutrition for Runners, Brain Training for runners, 5k to marathon training... to name a few).Mainly looking for books that would help me with running/cycling as I want to run a marathon at around 3:35ish while also take part in some road races . Amazon has a few books with decent reviews out there but figured I'd ask around before spending the money.

here are some I'm looking into:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

Thanks!

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I haven't read any nutritional books on running to be quite honest. I never ran to lose weight either, it was never really a goal for me. Eat healthy, stock up on carbs before the race, and replace everything that is taken out as soon as possible. Other books that are really good...

Road Racing for Serious Runners - Pfitz

Daniels' Running Formula - Jack Daniels

The Jack Daniels book comes recommended by just about every serious road racer on the planet.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks for the recommendations. One question though, didn't find it on the overview/reviews... Do the training programs in Daniel's book include cross training or is it all running?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

wat?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    wat?
    My thoughts exactly.

BG Level

While it's true everyone's metabolism, necessary calorie intake, etc. is different.. are you stupid?

I have a severely damaged metabolism from years of psychotropic use (SSRIs, SNRIs, typical/atypical antipsychotics, mood stabilizers) and I personally have to restrict my caloric intake to less than 500 per day otherwise I gain fat, though I sometimes go sprees without eating anything (Sometimes weeks).
    I live on vitamin and mineral supplements. A lot of people would say I have a good body, but it's a bitch to maintain. By gaining fat I mean fat. In one day if I eat over 500 calories, regardless of what kind it is (carbs, protein, saturated/unsaturated fat), it's converted into fat. Sometimes (though rarely) I can't take it anymore and splurge and treat myself to over 500 calories of food and the next day I have visible fat and a double chin. I workout more than most people do.
    I mean seeeeriously? A double chin after 500 calories. If that were the case you'd have your own special reality series called "The Puerto Mexiwhatever Nutty Professor" or something.. isn't that the movie where he went from super fat > super skinny with some drugs? Yaaah.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zelduh View Post
    I have a severely damaged metabolism from years of psychotropic use (SSRIs, SNRIs, typical/atypical antipsychotics, mood stabilizers) and I personally have to restrict my caloric intake to less than 500 per day otherwise I gain fat, though I sometimes go sprees without eating anything (Sometimes weeks).
    I live on vitamin and mineral supplements. A lot of people would say I have a good body, but it's a bitch to maintain. By gaining fat I mean fat. In one day if I eat over 500 calories, regardless of what kind it is (carbs, protein, saturated/unsaturated fat), it's converted into fat. Sometimes (though rarely) I can't take it anymore and splurge and treat myself to over 500 calories of food and the next day I have visible fat and a double chin. I workout more than most people do.

Anyway, my point to this story is that some of these posts are pretty ridiculous! 4000 calories average? Some dude eating 12,000 calories? It's extremely individual and literally everyone will respond in different ways. That might work for some people but for others it might make them blowup in a manner of days. One size does not fit all, and anything that has to do with calories or exercise is most definitely not an exact science. It's pretty much guaranteed that your mileage will vary with any tips you read on the internet, see on TV, or that your friends give you. Everyone's body, metabolism, endocrine system, hormones etc. are different.
    I don't think this is even possible.. Just in basic daily functions like breathing, walking, thinking, digestion, heartbeating you burn a minimum amount of calories. At my height and weight, it's like 1700 calories not including additional stuff like workouts and jogging.

BG Level

Yes, daily functions (as you stated) for me are "suppose" to burn off 1,400~ calories minimum. Of course that changes daily but I think people in coma burn more calories than 500..

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

Clearly his medications shrunk him down to 1 foot 4 and hence 500 extra calories is a lot for him.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Yeah, maybe I should have separated it as basic functions/daily functions. Stuff you can't control like heatbeat and breathing (kinda HAVE to do that) and daily's like walking around, typing on BG forums, you don't need to do but it just happens anyway.

Man.. 1'4" must be rough! I could see how 500 calories a day could be too much.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 730 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast