CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

if you want defined muscles ... use the black marker

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

wtf, hahaha

can i draw a superman logo on my chest instead? somehow i dont think it would look very convincing (the abs part, ppl know i would be a good superman)

Banned.

BG Level

the sun tanned superman

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

im about to go for a late night run. wish me luck on not being kidnapped or having my face on the concrete with my hands behind my back being cuffed because i match some description for a burglar or something, fellas. 5 miles~ woo

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    the sun tanned superman
    oh, you know it. you can be batman since we all know latinos fucking got batman's back

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Damn it you fixed that typo, I was going to imply such innuendo.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    Damn it you fixed that typo, I was going to imply such innuendo.
    hahaha, you're a quick one mr milkster! gl on your progress man, be sure to update with pics

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    hahaha, you're a quick one mr milkster! gl on your progress man, be sure to update with pics
    I will as soon as my sister gets back from Germany with my camera.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    im about to go for a late night run. wish me luck on not being kidnapped or having my face on the concrete with my hands behind my back being cuffed because i match some description for a burglar or something, fellas. 5 miles~ woo
    lol i am too, waiting for law and order to end

Fuck you guys are guilt tripping me now. I've been slacking off big time with my cardio (in large part to my shin splint problems, but there are other ways ><)...fuck it tomorrow I'll go running a few miles on the beach, I was gunna go out there anyways.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    Fuck you guys are guilt tripping me now. I've been slacking off big time with my cardio (in large part to my shin splint problems, but there are other ways ><)...fuck it tomorrow I'll go running a few miles on the beach, I was gunna go out there anyways.
    Run the beach barefoot. I promise you will love life after 2 hours of doing it.

I wish I could jog, but I've been losing close to 1.5 lbs per week doing elliptical 4x a week, 30 min sessions with intervals. Balancing on that shit hands-free gives your core a great workout too, but on hills it's fucking brutal

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    I wish I could jog, but I've been losing close to 1.5 lbs per week doing elliptical 4x a week, 30 min sessions with intervals. Balancing on that shit hands-free gives your core a great workout too, but on hills it's fucking brutal
    thats awesome man lol. hills during those 30 min sessions are def respect earning traits imo. i need to start incorporating those more on my elliptical

but anyways

i agree. beach running IS brutal, ugh. i dont care to look like apollo in rocky III, ill leave that to someone else. but after my run (near the beach!), i did some bosu ball extreme pushups and some crunches on the side.

the crunches were good to me, but those bosu ball pushups are helping my form. i love it because lately, my pushups have been slacking. im doing them too fast, and i feel as if im leaning towards more angles and getting lazy with it, so with this new balance i have to rely on, my form is getting better and its making me more humble to one of my fav exercises that i used to DESPISE lol

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8...2500h50m28.jpg
    crappy cell phone pic at 12:30 am, but you get the idea in case there are some ppl too lazy to use google. i like to take pics while i work out in areas with no reflections so that way i can see what i need to improve on/fix arches/forms whatnot.

try it though if you guys ever get the chance. go till your chest barely touches the rim of the bosu and explode your way up and use that momentum to make the ball air born and than balance it when it comes back down. i was only able to do 15 solid ones lol. but i did 3 reps. ill still do my normal 120 pushups a day, but this is definitely helping my form and something i should do more consistently lol

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I pulled my groin (mildly) about a month ago playing football and it hasn't gotten any better. I stopped doing legs completely, the only exercise they get is from fucking and once-a-week hour of 2-hand touch football. It doesn't hurt badly but I definitely can't do squats, ab work, etc. with it.

My right shoulder is kinda fucked up too, popped something doing wide-grip pullups so I stopped my back/biceps workouts and just have been doing bench and playing football games, but throwing the ball makes my whole fucking right arm ache for a few hours after games.

Now I just started a new job working 50+ hours a week 10a-8p and I feel like I'm going to totally fall off the wagon...this sucks.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tekniklie View Post
    I need some help with getting my leg back into shape. I dont want to over do it or take the wrong path and just screw it up more.

Fell down some stairs a few years ago, and tore a bunch of stuff in my knee and ankle. Used to be very active with a high calorie intake and kept same intake for awhile after injuring myself. 6'5 192lbs (got up to 230 after accident). Though Im back down in weight, my cardio is still crap and cant go too heavy with my knee just yet. So any suggestions for a good cardio routine thats not too stressful on ones knee and also good conditioning exercises to build my leg back up? (Side note, I currently go to the Y almost every day)

Thanks guys.
    Quoting so i don't have to retype situation lol.. so did 15 minutes on a cycle tonight and a 5 min cool down. I felt like I could have kept going another 15 but didn't want to over do it. Did some low weight high reps free weights. Felt good and no pain from my knee. Though after my shower my foot cramped up extremely bad. Over all feeling great.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Ok figured I'd just ask here instead of making a completely new thread. I used to play basketball actively for several years of my life. For the past couple of month I have really done nothing but sit in my room and play FFXI. The next month I was going to get a gym membership basically to just run/use bicycle. Wanted to maybe drop 5-10 pounds and was wondering is there anything specific I should do. Friend told me that interval running was good, basically run for a few minutes then slow down and walk for one then go back to running. Any ideas?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If you just want to run or cycling, you make want to see if there is any park near your living place. Just workout around there will be fine. What I would suggest is, doing those cardio for at least 30-45mins, and make sure you do get sweat alots. Also, doing some sit up, leg crunch and etc, after the cardio, would help alittle too.

But, paying a gym just for run/bicycle, while you can doing these workout outdoor easily is not worth. However, if there is no any option for you to do it outdoor, then pay a membership to go to gym is the last choice.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Osede View Post
    If you just want to run or cycling, you make want to see if there is any park near your living place. Just workout around there will be fine. What I would suggest is, doing those cardio for at least 30-45mins, and make sure you do get sweat alots. Also, doing some sit up, leg crunch and etc, after the cardio, would help alittle too.

But, paying a gym just for run/bicycle, while you can doing these workout outdoor easily is not worth. However, if there is no any option for you to do it outdoor, then pay a membership to go to gym is the last choice.
    For bech:

I'll agree with Osede that if you want to run/bike... don't waste money on a gym membership UNLESS the area you live in really sucks and there is no way/place for you to run.

I'll have to disagree on Osede on two things.

1) You don't need a 30-45 minute cardio session to get an awesome workout. Intervals, as your friend suggested, is a great thing to do. Run/walk. SPrint/walk. Run/jog. Sprint/jog. Whatever you want to do. I get my sprints/HIIT done in about 10 minutes of actual sprinting...with 2-5 minute warm up and 2-5 minute cool down. I sprint as fast as I can for 20-30 seconds then recover by walking for 30-60 seconds. After about 8-10 sets of those, I'm about ready to puke. If you can't sprint, don't worry about it. Running or even jogging for a minute and then walk for 1-2 minutes is just as good. The key is to not let your body get used to one steady pace. After awhile, you can run/jog faster, shorten your recovery time, extend your running/jogging distance, etc.

2) Sweating =\= a great workout. Sweating just helps your body cool down. I had a killer sprint session today where I just wanted to die. Did I sweat? A little, because it's still pretty cold outside... so my body didn't get too overly hot. Sweating only allows you to lose water weight. It's not a good measure of the intensity of your actual workout. Don't get me wrong. I love sweating! If I'm doing HIIT at the gym, I pick the machines that are not directly under a fan. Sweating makes me psychologically believe that I had a good workout, but I recognize that in reality, that's not a measurement of my workout.

Also, you can do stuff like push-ups, pull-ups, wall squats, planks, plyometrics, etc.

The end goal is to burn calories sure, but high intensity stuff like that burns a lot less of its calories from fat. It is also hardly enjoyable compared to a nice steady run. If you really want to increase your VO2 max and don't want to spend 30 minutes doing cardio and instead only want to spend 15-20, then I guess HIIT could be a good option, but just losing some lbs and maybe get in a little better shape? I'd go with something a lot less stressful. Unless almost throwing up is your idea of a good time.

No idea what you are talking about regarding the "key" being to not let your body get "used" to a particular pace. The key to what exactly? Intensity should be static, obviously the pace and/or distance will not be static as you continue to train. I've never heard of anyone refer to a plateau in running. Its applying the weight lifting idea of "muscle confusion" or w/e you wanna call it to a completely different discipline.