Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Overhead?
    No, just hanging on my sides. I have really weak stabilizer muscles, apparently.

Edit: Anyone have a recommendation for quick protein I can take with me in the mornings? I get up for work at 3:30am, shower, dress, and am usually out the door pretty quickly. I don't have time to cook an omelet or anything of the sort. Any recommendations for something I can have on hand to just grab and go? I've being doing protein bars, which aren't much, but it's 10g at least.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Are you talking about powder? That's fast and is 20+ grams per severing. Mostly go for whatever is cheapest as long as its got low carbs and little to no sugar. I forget the name of mine someone here probably will get you a good one before I get home to look.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've gotten a frozen fruit kick for my shakes but buy the fruit fresh and freeze it yourself. The pre frozen bags don't have nearly as much flavor.

2 of my favorites
    Milk (or almond milk), vanilla whey, vanilla greek yogurt, blue berries.
    Milk, chocolate whey, peanut butter, strawberries.

You can play around with the how much of each to hit your macros/calories.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    No, just hanging on my sides. I have really weak stabilizer muscles, apparently.

Edit: Anyone have a recommendation for quick protein I can take with me in the mornings? I get up for work at 3:30am, shower, dress, and am usually out the door pretty quickly. I don't have time to cook an omelet or anything of the sort. Any recommendations for something I can have on hand to just grab and go? I've being doing protein bars, which aren't much, but it's 10g at least.
    I like optimum nutrition whey powder. I make a shake with 2 scoops every morning and drink on the way to work

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm up to working sets of 275x5 front squat. I hhonestly thought it would take much longer to get comfortable under the bar in the front squat position.

My only issue now is balancing out my posterior chain since I've been a lot of front squats. What else should I supplement in for postetioir chain when I do fronts and not back? Good Mornins or sl deadlift?

I normally rotate heavy deadlift and heavy back squats once a week.

My new challenge is mastering the jerk and getting a 200+ strict overhead press. I'll prolly move to the snatch/ ohs after that but I'd like to do a Smolov or 5-3-1 this winter.

3yr Anniversary of Zyzz. He's in Olympus waiting for us all.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Wrong thread; but since I'm here.

Still having a hard time cutting out sweets. I stayed within calories today, but 900 of them just happened to be zebra cakes @.@ so didn't get the nutrition I need at all

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Omg the only thing better than zebra cakes are the Christmas cakes.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Wrong thread; but since I'm here.

Still having a hard time cutting out sweets. I stayed within calories today, but 900 of them just happened to be zebra cakes @.@ so didn't get the nutrition I need at all
    I actually had to google this shit to see how many fucking zebra cakes that is..

http://www.quitehealthy.com/nutritio...belL429361.gif

I didn't remember them being so fucking high in calories so it's not that bad I suppose lol.
    I'm a sugar fiend but much better now overall. I have found plain greek yogurt with truvia or skinny cow ice cream bars/treats hit the spot.
    Oh I could also fucking eat these all day long - Protein bars with low carb with is pretty much unheard of. Picked up a box at Vitamin Shoppe last week : http://www.amazon.com/Crunch-Protein...kies+and+cream

Best tasting protein bar I've ever had.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I caved later in the day and ate 3 whole boxes, so yea

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You can make your own protein bars that are cheaper and gives control of the macros.

I need to research this but I thought I remembered a study that some the sugar substitutes causes the same insulin response as sugar? I could be just talking out of my ass though. Brb googling.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    You can make your own protein bars that are cheaper and gives control of the macros.

I need to research this but I thought I remembered a study that some the sugar substitutes causes the same insulin response as sugar? I could be just talking out of my ass though. Brb googling.
    Yeah I've seen recipes but tbh I find it easier to set it to Amazon to subscribe to order and they taste fucking delicious which satisfies my sugar and candy craving time to time.

For me personally I use truvia because it's zero calorie and one packet is enough for a cup of yogurt. I try not to eat a lot of excess sugar otherwise or white starches because it slows my weight loss to a crawl because of PCOS.
    it may trigger the same response but I use way less this way vs regular sugar. Thankfully I'm not diabetic, I just feel better physically on a high protein lower carb intake. It's a touchy subject on the sugar vs substitute but I like it for my uses.

Well CS, glad I'm not the only one that isn't staying quite so disciplined in the diet!

I pretty much have lost all control of myself in the presence of free food, which has been far, far too often lately.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I tend to use honey as a sweetener instead of sugar

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Well CS, glad I'm not the only one that isn't staying quite so disciplined in the diet!

I pretty much have lost all control of myself in the presence of free food, which has been far, far too often lately.
    Same here. I'm up weight (193-195) from my starting my cut but I really didn't have much a choice if I wanted to RX the wods. I've also been doing baseball twice a week. I can't survive sports/ athletic competition on a deficit. On the bright side I've had PR's across the board. Squat is 405+, front squat is 315+, I nailed 475 on dead lift and should be able to get 495 whenever I max again. Snatch/clean has improved tons and my OHP is closing in on 200. I can't complain. I plan on starting next year cut in Jan instead of late april/may like I did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I caved later in the day and ate 3 whole boxes, so yea
    3 boxes?!? Geeze enjoy your diabeetus

I can only eat 1 (serving not box) and I'm already sick of the sugar. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, which is fortunate because everyone on my father's side had diabeetus

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I was honestly considering making a zebra cake smoothie, but didn't have a blender @.@

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

About to be out of town for 10 days - can I pull off a decent strength/hypertrophy routine solely with resistance bands? Wondering if I should buy some.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'd say find a park and make it your bitch

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Kay, so:

I'm about 5'8 and 120lbs (the most I've ever weighed in my entire life). I'm one of those cunts that has scrawniness in his DNA and a high metabolism. My goals have been to get more fit and gain some healthy weight. And then there is my boyfriend who is 6'2 and 248lbs. He was once way into diving/swimming where he was awkwardly skinny, however now since he's been out of college he has a desk job and gained a bunch of weight.

Recently I proposed eating healthier with lower carb eating and we've been doing that for a few weeks. So far the results seem minimal. I don't expect much, but I figured I'd just ask if BG has any unique advice/recommendations I wouldn't find elsewhere. In general I can Google health/fitness stuff myself plus there's almost 300 pages of this thread to read. I would really like to support him and help him to lose weight because I think he's capable and he's unhappy with it. Any suggestions or helpful ideas for how we can get fit together?