Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Synergy Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Robbinthehood View Post
    What's the best recipe to cap synergy from 60?
    That would be the 4 gold leaf + 2 Vitral to 60

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That caps at 60, I'm looking for a recipe to cap synergy beyond 60.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I believe the stalls cap at 70.

To make the stalls do you have to be @ 100 of that craft or can you do it @ 95? Also from 70-90 what is a good synth to skill up on? I have 95 goldsmithing. Sorry if the answer is in the thread i read through it and didnt see.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The current synergy cap is 80, and stalls cap at 80 (and possibly higher once the cap raises further). There is no one synth that is better than others to skill up on since all you're doing is failing the synth over and over. Any synth you can do with your current craft skill is fine. Stalls and the newly added armor pieces with materials from Voidwatch are the only synths that will get you to 80, but other synths can take you close (like the rings crafted with Phrygian Rings and elemental gems can get you to 79). The rings and stall are veteran synths, so the goldsmithing requirement might be higher than 95, I'm not sure. If they are higher than 95, you can still use the earring synths (Thunder Pearl, Flame Pearl, etc.), to get you to 77 synergy -- those are goldsmithing artisan level (Phrygian Earring + elemental gem).

Thank you ^^ inono why i thought it was 90 imm try the stall @ 95 today and hopefully it lets me. Once again thank you

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The best synth to skill up on for goldsmithing is whatever doesn't break your wallet. I've been away from the game for a few months, but a quick glance at your options just made me shake my head in disgust. Whatever you decide to go with, I don't envy you lol

I don't think that the 'within 15 levels of cap' minimum applies to synergy like it does with normal crafts. I was capped smithing when I started synergy, but to the best of my knowledge you should be able to craft a stall after taking your crafting exam @ 88. Synergy doesn't allow you to skillup cross-craft like normal synths with multiple craft requirements (ie getting smithing and goldsmith skillups when making a millionaire's desk) so I think that's why there is no set number to cap and only a rank requirement.

I haven't been able to escape the BSoD(black) so I haven't been able to log in, but as soon as I can I will de-level my smithing to 88 and let you know.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

it's purdy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

4/5 HQ's all 4 consecutive bricks = shat i gotta thank shadowkitty for being a synergy goddess

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

plat leaf recipe to 70

any artisan required craft to 75( stockfish for fishing, Pacifying Chain for GS etc)

craft stalls from 70 to 80 straight if u have the GP already

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Things may have changed since I last asked. What are people spending they skill up points on? Max feeding out I know, but what then?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Feeding, Safety lever, and Furnace repair.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Meh it varies, I personally did level 5 thwacking. I stop more explosions, and the furnace takes less durability from thwacking it. I do love that word.

THWACKING!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

GOTTA THWACK THEM HARD!

i got thwack, safety lever and feeding

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm a fan of safety lever and fewell feeding for sure. I maxed out thwacking but if I could do it over again (or if Synergy cap is raised to 100), I would do furnace repair as a third.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since I don't ever get to the point of overload I'm glad I didn't do thwacking. Right now feeding repair and um whatever the pressure one is

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I'd be really interested to know if thwacking "merits" help with fisherman's cuffs for hidden effect precision thwack. I did feed, safety lever, and repair.

I just got the cuffs and haven't done any training yet. Cuffs seem to work pretty well.

It seems to be the consensus of Feeding, Repair, Safety Lever, Thwacking as far as what to train. Does anyone have a counter idea?

Also, is it possible to skill say, on the Carpenters Stall by feeding Fire Fewell? (It's earth99 to complete)