BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Synergy Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you consider how much of the skill "merit" type things you get per level, if it's safe to assume it stays the same up til 100, then you will probably be able to just max them all by 100 anyways. I don't remember the skill "merits" per level ratio atm but im pretty sure I checked long ago.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Also, is it possible to skill say, on the Carpenters Stall by feeding Fire Fewell? (It's earth99 to complete)
    No, it has to be an element relevant to the synth

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can however get skill ups by feeding it even when it's at 99 lol

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I got to lvl 80 Synnergy recently and have been trying to do some synnergizing for HQs. I was wondering what method people use for crafting regular item, arewe ring for example. My method is as follows:

1) Feed fewel till impurity ratio reaches 30%
    2) Operate safety lever
    3) Repeat

By the time I get to the required element levels, I'm almost out of time. Should I throw in a repair or two? My repair is only level 1, safetly lever is 3, feeding 5, thwacking 5 (blah). It seems to me it's better to not rely on thwacking and keep impurities low in general. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Randorn View Post
    I got to lvl 80 Synnergy recently and have been trying to do some synnergizing for HQs. I was wondering what method people use for crafting regular item, arewe ring for example. My method is as follows:

1) Feed fewel till impurity ratio reaches 30%
    2) Operate safety lever
    3) Repeat
    This is also what I do. I have repair "merited" to full, and will sometimes throw that in when I'm in that part of the menu, but take what I say with a grain of salt, I pretty much only synergize for myself/friends, not for mass profits.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've been doing some synergy lately. Not a tremendous amount, but enough to pose the following questions.

What do repair furnace merits even do?
    Does higher pressures cause leaks rates to increase? (Not the rate of occurrence, but the rate that you lose elemental balance, as this is what it seems to me although I can't be completely sure.)

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, figured it's worth posting. It's impossible to do Bier Belt with 79 +2 (one from moghancement) Goldsmithing, but 79+3 (two gear one moghancement) work.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I attempted to level Synergy again the other day. I got something like a level before I gave up again. Is there any way to automate this shit so I just trade my apron, spam earth, and cast Haste on myself once in a while?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I've been doing some synergy lately. Not a tremendous amount, but enough to pose the following questions.

What do repair furnace merits even do?
    Does higher pressures cause leaks rates to increase? (Not the rate of occurrence, but the rate that you lose elemental balance, as this is what it seems to me although I can't be completely sure.)
    They make you heal alot more. Idk if you've tried healing something up with no merits but if you lag enough spamming it you will pretty much just break even lol. With full merits you actually raise it's hp rather significantly. Like with full light fewell could take it from 1-100% hp without refilling easy

Haven't specifically tested it but since I often leak into precise form I have seen leaking from 0 to 100 pressure fairly often and haven't noticed any change in rate. ~2 loss every 3 checks of alignment

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I attempted to level Synergy again the other day. I got something like a level before I gave up again. Is there any way to automate this shit so I just trade my apron, spam earth, and cast Haste on myself once in a while?
    I know there are free bots for it but other than that I don't think so. Unless there is someway to make the game go thru menus and click things without bots

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Spamming Synergy from level 2.1 to 60 took 408 skillups, entirely +0.1 or +0.2, for an average of 1.41 Skill per skillup. It took 4800 "feeds the furnaces," for an ~8.5% skillup rate (approximately 1/12). Splitting the synergy into three 20-level steps shows a slight systematic decrease in the skillup rate as skill increases (from ~9% to ~8%), though it may not be statistically significant.

If I take 60-65, I have 35 skillups and it required 599 feed the furnaces. (5.8% skillup rate). Sample is still small and it'll grow on the way to 80, but it looks like you take a skillup hit post-60 as was always rumored in other crafts.

I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight, but I could be finishing synergy tomorrow or the next day.

I eyeballed everything, but it got a lot slower as I got closer to my recipe cap. This could be due to it being post60, but at the same time, I think you'd find your skillup rate on Mythril Leaf around Lv20 to be the same as Platinum Leaf around Lv60. I spent nearly as much time leveling from 0-50 as I did leveling from 70-80. It was all automated, so there was nothing different in the amount of time I spent in each instance.

Basically, there may in fact be a decrease in skillup post 60, but it slowed down just as much post50. I would guess (and will try it on my main sometime) that doing your stall from 50+ may in fact result in a better skillup rate until you get closer to the cap.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hate you PCers so much sometimes

What is recommended after capping Feed at Lv5? I've seen people say repair, thwack, pressure, etc. What should I target NEXT? I'm only leveling synergy for abjuration augments. So anything that will either improve that once I hit 80 or anything that will improve skill up (furnace longevity, prevent explosions, etc) or both abj augments syns AND skill up! What should train to improve the aforementioned areas?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

@ valisk - fewell feed, safety lever, repair furnace>nothing yet is what I did. If you don't have Fisherman's cuffs yet you should, if you need help let me know I can synth them for you. The hidden effect precision thwack is amazing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It took me 4800 feeds to go from 2.1 to 60 and 3601 feeds to go from 60 to 80, so I think it's safe to say that the skillup rate drops post-60.

The Blacksmiths cuffs are also pretty nice as well. Can max elements hellzaquick and shits.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Is it possible to swap gear while doing Synergy? I'd just as soon make all the cuffs and gearswap them!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The Blacksmiths cuffs are also pretty nice as well. Can max elements hellzaquick and shits.

Anyone have a list of what all the cuffs do? I have blacksmiths cuffs which are just awesome.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I can go through and fill in the table on this page with Armors if people are willing to tell me what each does. I assume Blacksmith's Cuffs are Fire Affinity?

Nevermind, I filled out the page linked above. It's pretty simple, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Anyone have a list of what all the cuffs do? I have blacksmiths cuffs which are just awesome.
    iirc they give you enhanced feeding, so basically every feed does 7-15ish+ sometimes. Makes getting that one element up really quickly and saves time for harder synths with multiple elements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast