Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Synergy Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

edit: nm didnt see churchill's response on this page. was looking at the last page. But basically the cuffs are for one element only? Someone asked last page I think, can you macro pieces in and out or do you have to exit dialogue to do it?

I'll have to check, my buddy uses those while I use fishermans cuffs when we synth. I *think* he asks me what element it is first but it's been a few weeks.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So wait, in addition to the hidden abilities they add, cuffs also increase your feeding ability for the Affinity element?

I updated all of them with the hidden abilities here. If the Affinities also increase feeding ability, it would be:
    Carpenter's Cuffs - Earth ++, Thunder --
    Blacksmith's Cuffs - Fire ++, Ice --
    Goldsmith's Cuffs - Wind ++, Earth --
    Weaver's Cuffs - Lightning ++, Water --
    Tanner's Cuffs - Ice ++, Wind --
    Boneworker's Cuffs - Dark ++, Light --
    Alchemist's Cuffs - Light ++, Dark --
    Culinarian's Cuffs - Water ++, Fire --

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What exactly does removing impurities do? Is it only to prevent explosions? I'm assuming releasing pressure does the same thing, prevent explosions? Cdgreg suggested skilling safety lever but I just want to know if there's a difference in what the 2 things do besides the description/# of fewell consumed to perform the action.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The way I understood that, Furnaces build towards explosions at a certain rate. Safety level lowers the rate of pressure buildup, while Pressure Handle drops the pressure instantly.

What is a "hard" Synergy synth? I want to try and practice now that I'm 80, haha.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    What is a "hard" Synergy synth? I want to try and practice now that I'm 80, haha.
    Anything with three adjacent alignments (in the elemental wheel) and anything with both light and dark and other elements.

There's no synth that you absolutely can't solo but there are some that can take many, many tries before you even get the image to form let alone perfect the alignments which become significantly easier if you duo them (trying to do it with more than two people is a mess and really not necessary unless you have one person just repairing or something to give more time).

Vivid Strap's one good example - 67 Wind, 35 Earth, 53 Lightning, 22 Dark.

Yhel Jacket/Juogi/Grim Cuirass are probably some of the toughest. Yhel Jacket, for example, is 20 Fire, 70 Wind, 35 Earth, 20 Light, 35 Dark. You're talking like 25-30 fewell additions just to get the numbers in the right ranges, not including any operation or tweaking.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    What exactly does removing impurities do? Is it only to prevent explosions? I'm assuming releasing pressure does the same thing, prevent explosions? Cdgreg suggested skilling safety lever but I just want to know if there's a difference in what the 2 things do besides the description/# of fewell consumed to perform the action.
    There's a lot more leeway with pressure than there is with impurity. I find that once my impurity level starts hitting over 25-30% the synth is really unstable whereas your pressure can go far higher. Keeping impurities down seems to stabilise the process a lot and on synths way above my level I found it a lot harder to make things because this would climb really quickly and trigger explosions constantly.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sweet! Thanks Cdgreg, Byrth, and Elde.

Ire Torque is difficult iirc...could be wrong. It used to be anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    edit: nm didnt see churchill's response on this page. was looking at the last page. But basically the cuffs are for one element only? Someone asked last page I think, can you macro pieces in and out or do you have to exit dialogue to do it?
    Alright, it's for any element. It helps a ton.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    There's a lot more leeway with pressure than there is with impurity. I find that once my impurity level starts hitting over 25-30% the synth is really unstable whereas your pressure can go far higher. Keeping impurities down seems to stabilise the process a lot and on synths way above my level I found it a lot harder to make things because this would climb really quickly and trigger explosions constantly.
    @Valisk - Exactly what the above poster said. I generally let impurities get to 20-25% then operate the safety lever. With "merited" safety lever it generally drops it from 25% to 0-10%. From my experience the internal pressure has much more effect on leaks rather than explosions.

@Churchill wow that's awesome. I'll have to make myself a pair and do some more testing, I thought I remembered an lsmate saying they guaranteed 10 fewell per feed or something along those lines.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Everyone was pretty much spot on about having less leeway with impurities and it effecting the rate of explosions. One thing I noticed while skilling up yesterday is that the higher the pressure, the more damage it does to the furnace (and you!) when it does explode. Not sure if that was suppose to be a given/common sense and that's why no one mentioned it.

So safety lever lowers the rate of explosions and pressure valve lowers the damage done from explosions.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Everyone was pretty much spot on about having less leeway with impurities and it effecting the rate of explosions. One thing I noticed while skilling up yesterday is that the higher the pressure, the more damage it does to the furnace (and you!) when it does explode. Not sure if that was suppose to be a given/common sense and that's why no one mentioned it.

So safety lever lowers the rate of explosions and pressure valve lowers the damage done from explosions.
    pressure may also cause leaks. I was looking last night as I was doing haidates for someone and it seemed like once pressure was over 100 leaks generally started.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

what 3 skills should i level to 5 i have 5/5 fellwel feeding done

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From all the work I've done leaks to me seem to be a mixture of how high your pressure is and how high and for how long your highest elemental balance is. Generally speaking regardless of any stat I've never seen a leak under 26 rarely under 30. Faster at higher amounts

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    what 3 skills should i level to 5 i have 5/5 fellwel feeding done
    I did Safety Lever after 5/5 Feeding. Sometimes I can go the entire synth without getting explosions using Safety Lever after 30% impurity. I just hit 50 so I need a 3rd skill to get to 5/5 as well. People have told me in this thread to do Repair Furnace next. I'm not sure what's required for higher up synths, but I'm considering Pressure Handle and Repair Furnace. I'm mainly concerned with augmenting abjurations.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Lemegeton Medallion requires GS: Apprentice. Will having 100 GS increase smooth synergy rate compared to say 60 GS assuming capped synergy skill?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i think only synergy skill affects that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Lemegeton Medallion requires GS: Apprentice. Will having 100 GS increase smooth synergy rate compared to say 60 GS assuming capped synergy skill?
    I doubt it. I tried it back when it came out and couldn't HQ any with 97 skill while people with barely enough to attempt were getting ok rates.

From what I've seen synergy skill affects everything you do with the actually synergizing and the synth craft only affects wether you can attempt it or not

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thanks guys. A follow up which we may not have any evidence for is how do people of various synergy skills in the same pt effect the HQ rate? For example, my main is capped 80, but my mule is only 70. If I used both to feed fewell would SE floor me at the HQ rate for 70 synergy because that was involved, or go with 80 if I started the synth on my main.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast