BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Synergy Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

it goes by the highest i used to help my friend make earrings for me when i was 14 and they were 80

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is it just me or does Repair Furnace do next to nothing? I'm level 4 in it at the moment and every time I've tried to use it I see little or no gains in the furnace's HP.

Also regretting leveling Thwacking Should've done Pressure Valve, I don't really overload if I keep an eye on impurities but I still get some leaks.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I only see the HP of the furnace go up if I use it 2-3+ times in a row, sure eats up light fewell

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i only use it on synths that have light / dark elements and ive gotten both perfect then ill burn every once of left over light fewell in hope of finishing the synth.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah you kinda have to spam it to see results since while you are repairing it's hp is going down. But if you do and you have capped healing you can raise it pretty quickly. Also almost seems like there is a slight delay or maybe minimum amount it's allowed to go up it's kinda weird.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Spamming Synergy from level 2.1 to 60 took 408 skillups, entirely +0.1 or +0.2, for an average of 1.41 Skill per skillup. It took 4800 "feeds the furnaces," for an ~8.5% skillup rate (approximately 1/12). Splitting the synergy into three 20-level steps shows a slight systematic decrease in the skillup rate as skill increases (from ~9% to ~8%), though it may not be statistically significant.

If I take 60-65, I have 35 skillups and it required 599 feed the furnaces. (5.8% skillup rate). Sample is still small and it'll grow on the way to 80, but it looks like you take a skillup hit post-60 as was always rumored in other crafts.

I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight, but I could be finishing synergy tomorrow or the next day.
    This is from last month, but I hate synergy so I didn't care to read this thread til recently. There's 2 hits you take in skill ups in normal crafts, you get a reduction in skill up rate at 50, and at 60 you lose the ability to gain anything above a +0.1. My synergy is only 36 so I have no idea if it is the same but hitting 50 on every other craft was a noticeable kick to the balls.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fishing is an exception. You can still get .3s even at 99

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimothy View Post
    This is from last month, but I hate synergy so I didn't care to read this thread til recently. There's 2 hits you take in skill ups in normal crafts, you get a reduction in skill up rate at 50, and at 60 you lose the ability to gain anything above a +0.1. My synergy is only 36 so I have no idea if it is the same but hitting 50 on every other craft was a noticeable kick to the balls.
    Synergy isn't the same. You can get .1s and .2s all the way to 80.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Synergy . . . how does that work?

So, I was playing around trying to make a Nefer body today (NQ q.q) and I found that:
    * Restorer's Touch and Restore Furnace both don't actually seem to restore the furnace's HP
    * Twack (even level 5) never seems to work for me
    * Pressure lever doesn't seem to reduce the odds of explosion?
    * It always overloads the highest element.
    * The furnace seems to lose a variable amount of HP/tick based on how many times it has overloaded, which may be what Restorer's Touch and Restore Furnace affect?

Are these things true?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So, I was playing around trying to make a Nefer body today (NQ q.q) and I found that:
    * Restorer's Touch and Restore Furnace both don't actually seem to restore the furnace's HP
    * Twack (even level 5) never seems to work for me
    * The furnace seems to lose a variable amount of HP/tick based on how many times it has overloaded, which may be what Restorer's Touch and Restore Furnace affect?

Are these things true?
    I was dumb and levelled thwack to 5, and I can say that it's better than lvl 0 thwack... but not by a lot. On lower tier synths I can thwack it 3-4x before it explodes and will stop the explosion maybe 95% of the time. On higher level synergy stuff though (grims and earrings) thwack is useless.

I never touch anything but feed / repair / safety lever, so I can't say much for the pressure lever. If you're doing a high level synth (nefer body), I suggest having a friend with synergy do the safety lever and repair. I've had tremendous luck with HQing high level stuff with this setup (6/17 Grim+1).

Overloads highest element is true. I've never seen anything overload that wasn't the highest fed. Though you shouldn't be letting the furnace explode anyways. X{D

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Does repair actually do anything? I wasn't seeing the furnace's HP go up even if I used Restorer's Touch.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does repair actually do anything? I wasn't seeing the furnace's HP go up even if I used Restorer's Touch.
    Absolutely man. Sometimes you have to hit it a few times to see any increase. My friend has level 5 repair, and he can take a furnace from 20% > 90% in 99 light fewell lol. Usually I make him hold some fewell and he just keeps the furnace over 80% and does impurities so the shit doesnt' blow up on me.

Just keep in mind that the HP is going down gradually, so if you hit repair only once... you probably won't see any increase, just a slower tick down for one tick. Hope this helps.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The restoring does help... but you gotta remember it's hp is going down already. So it's like throwing regen on someone with poison. And yeah like said several times you need to spam your lvl 5 repair to get a noticeable difference but with enough light/dark fewell you could theoretically complete any synth at any lvl

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are these things true?
    No pictures to back this up, but I've had it overload bizarre other elements, very rarely.

Odds of explosion seems to me to be purely an (if imperfection > 30%, flat N% chance of explosion per feeding, constant no matter how far over 30% imperfection is) type of thing. N's something very vaguely like 25%, but I've never done anything rigorous about it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Randorn View Post
    I got to lvl 80 Synnergy recently and have been trying to do some synnergizing for HQs. I was wondering what method people use for crafting regular item, arewe ring for example. My method is as follows:

1) Feed fewel till impurity ratio reaches 30%
    2) Operate safety lever
    3) Repeat

By the time I get to the required element levels, I'm almost out of time. Should I throw in a repair or two? My repair is only level 1, safetly lever is 3, feeding 5, thwacking 5 (blah). It seems to me it's better to not rely on thwacking and keep impurities low in general. Anyone have any opinions on this?
    a friend is letting me use his mule for sky stuff. tried for hq byakko's haidate today. out of 8 synths i didn't get 1 hq3. i followed the above. i don't understand what exactly i did wrong. can anyone help me out?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're not doing anything wrong other than expecting to get a HQ3 off only 8 attempts. HQ3's aren't that common (Maybe 10-15% of HQ's will be HQ3's). I think when I did my Armadaberk I saw 3-4 HQ3's in like 50-60 attempts.

An extreme example is that I went 70+ before seeing my first HQ3 on Byakko's and typically it wasn't my own pair.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    You're not doing anything wrong other than expecting to get a HQ3 off only 8 attempts. HQ3's aren't that common (Maybe 10-15% of HQ's will be HQ3's). I think when I did my Armadaberk I saw 3-4 HQ3's in like 50-60 attempts.

An extreme example is that I went 70+ before seeing my first HQ3 on Byakko's and typically it wasn't my own pair.
    fair enough. thanks for the insight!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

just did about 20 more synths and got 3 hq3. i was being impatient, obviously! ironically, my best augment, crit hit +2%, was from a nq!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan_Kujata View Post
    No pictures to back this up, but I've had it overload bizarre other elements, very rarely.

Odds of explosion seems to me to be purely an (if imperfection > 30%, flat N% chance of explosion per feeding, constant no matter how far over 30% imperfection is) type of thing. N's something very vaguely like 25%, but I've never done anything rigorous about it.
    I've had this happen a few times before as well, mostly while skilling up. I might be spamming nothing but earth, and out of nowhere get a fire overload or some other completely unrelated element.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

--- nvm I'm dumb ---

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast