BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Mikus View Post
    just did about 20 more synths and got 3 hq3. i was being impatient, obviously! ironically, my best augment, crit hit +2%, was from a nq!
    If all you're looking for is crit damage+4% then you don't need an HQ3. It's definitely possible on HQ2, and perhaps even on HQ1.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Has anyone here ever made a Starlight Cake? Caps at 75, requires Craftsman cooking. Since I already had a Culinarian's Stall made for me, Starlight Cake is the only synth I can find that I can skill up on as I have 100 cooking - however, the recipe listed on ffxiah/wiki must be wrong. Halp! ; ;

(yeah this is what my previous post was about, I thought I figured it out but apparently I didn't.)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You could do Cloudy wheat broth it caps at 81 Synergy i think
    * 1 x San d'Orian Flour
    * 1 x Coriander
    * 1 x Imperial Flour
    * 1 x Distilled Water
    This one requires water and fire energy, and water fewell is usually the cheapest one, so it worked out great for me

Cant remember the amount of cooking you need to be able to synth though...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have cooking 100 so that shouldn't be a problem. Thank you SO much!!!!!!!

This is getting so frustrating. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Synergy @27. Is there any specific order to be doing this? I start with Fire until Impurity @30, reduce Impurity to 0, finish off fire if need be, do lightning, water, light, while resetting impurity anytime above 30-35. I either run out of time or some overload happens right at the end. Can I go over the amount required? Or +/- 3?

Edit: Finally got them -_- But seriously, must have gone 1/100+. I feel like I'm doing this wrong. Synergy sucks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't done that one specifically but what I'd is probably get lightning water light and fire to around 20-25 each since I've never had leaks above that reducing pressure and impurties as needed then after I do that put pressure and impurities to zero then zerg my way to the end since it's so close. On ones that are a bit higher I actually set myself up to leak into an element I want on purpose if I can. It's kinda tricky but saves some time and elements the worry of leaking. Should have plenty of time with elements that low. Though I got full healing so that raises the amount of time I have by alot.

Your skill might be hurting you too since it stresses the machine more and is less effective at lower skills

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I keep impurities under 30 at all times, the pot should never explode. Don't ever worry about pressure.

Try doing Thunder,Water,Fire and then light. Should limit your leaks that way and don't forget you can always repair for more time.

Have not had any success with repair yet; still at 0. Feeding@5. Anytime I tried to repair it, pretty sure I repaired it 3 times, it stalled, went up by 2%, then dropped back down to where I was by the time I got to the feeding menu. It's frustrating to say the least.

Which skill should I upgrade next? I hear mixed results with thwacking, and that I should get the cooking gloves to improve that to make it worthwhile. Impurity sounds useful on paper, does it play out to be any good?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Get fishing gloves for precision thwack although you should never explode. You also already answered your own question, your repair is at 0, get it to 5.

Synergy is time consuming and the fewell can add up. I have an 80 mule that pretty much just operates safety lever while I spam fewell. You probably wont be successful beyond +/-3, but get synergy itself to 80, that will definitely help your sanity.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah need to lvl repair and spam it to be effective. And I worry about pressure because I don't bother with thwacking at all. I never even get it trying to explode so don't have to lower its hp slightly faster by thwacking

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah need to lvl repair and spam it to be effective. And I worry about pressure because I don't bother with thwacking at all. I never even get it trying to explode so don't have to lower its hp slightly faster by thwacking
    Pressure doesn't lead to explosions, only impurities do afaik.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've had plenty of explosions with high pressure and hardly any impurities. At the very least it lowers the impurity threshold alot since kinda hard to say it had to be pressure since it's not like you can keep one at 0 always lol

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I've had plenty of explosions with high pressure and hardly any impurities. At the very least it lowers the impurity threshold alot since kinda hard to say it had to be pressure since it's not like you can keep one at 0 always lol
    What do you mean by hardly any impurities? I dont think I've had explosion below 20% impurities, I generally purge impurities at 25% and very very very very very rarely see an explosion.

pressure to me seems to influence the extreme of the overload, aka you and the pot take more dmg.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Impurities leads to explosions. In the beginning you can get up near 50% without a problem but towards the end anything above 30% triggers an explosion. I'm like Cdgreg and try to keep it 25% or below, my pot never explodes doing it that way.

Pressure is how big of an explosion you have. Its useless. I get my pressure over 300 at times and never have an issue with explosions or HQs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well like with high pressure I've had explosions down as low as 20. While with pressure under 50 I've never had one even when impurities are idk I think 40 is the highest I've let them go

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As far as I saw there's a direct 1:1 ratio of damage you take from explosions, then - damage from gear, and for some reason SE made elemental reistance gear lower the damag you take directly.

I was consistently taking 5 less damage from various explosions than a friend of mine while we made my fishing smock, and then I realized I was wearing goblin coif. Taking it off made me take the same damage as them. Not really important but just a neat little tidbit of info.

I suppose if you wwere really curious it'd be neat to see which gets taken off first, direct damage off from ele resists or %- from hands/body

Other than that, it's for sure impurities that cause explosions, I've never seen it happen below 25% though. That being said other than mayhaps HQ rate I haven't seen in change in difficulty of creating something once your > 5 levels below its cap, at which point you cap your impurity rate.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well like with high pressure I've had explosions down as low as 20. While with pressure under 50 I've never had one even when impurities are idk I think 40 is the highest I've let them go

Something else is wrong then. Pressure can be left completely alone at all times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What else is there that could be wrong? And I'll admit that pressure could be left alone... but from what I've seen and from what you guys are saying yourself it definitely seems to lower how much impurities is needed to cause an explosion

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there some secret I'm unaware of to getting HQ synths? Just did my last 4 byakko scraps, 45-43-45-46 / 45, and none HQ. I'm at 55 skill atm. I think I've HQed one of my 12 scraps on top of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

More skill. Other than that luck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast