Closed Thread
Page 7 of 213 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Back in 2005 I got to speak with one of the guys formerly from Cyan Worlds regarding MMO's after their whole Myst/Uru thing went pear shaped. He was working on Guild Wars (1) at the time and said their main focus was letting the players participate in a story - the gameplay was all geared around enjoying the setting, with a central element of "fun combat", not in terms of maximizing subscription time.

I never had time to play GW1, but I suppose when your profit model is not based on months subscribed but only game discs sold it drastically changes the resulting product. It remains to see what happens when this hits the street. The amount of effort put into gameworld verisimilitude is impressive.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I never played GW1, but I'll probably play GW2 since it looks so much like a single player Dungeon Siege on roids. Knowing that you only have to pay for it once just makes it downright absurd.

I didn't think there'd be that much production value in a game that was F2P, but I guess they want to be the undisputed kings of their market.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

F2P is a dangerous word to a lot of people and i wouldn't classify this as that or it may turn people off.

This may set a new standard. Buy the game and expansions with no monthly fee for something of this quality is awesome.

I also only played GW1 shortly but from what i hear, Arena Net's customer service is supposed to be pretty good i think which is also a plus.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

[[removed]]

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Jizzed in my pants. I was unsure about this but holy fuck it looks amazing.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Shatter makes Deathwing look like a shit model compared to it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Casting while moving and dodging. I love it.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    The Shatter makes Deathwing look like a shit model compared to it.
    No shit. I looked at that and went, "Now THAT's a fucking dragon."

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

2nd part of that vid showing more dynamic events, event scaling etc: <<removed due to copyright issues>>

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

@no monthly fees: with GW1 we saw that arenanet liked to introduce a new expansion pack roughly every 6-12 months, which of course included asstonhugeloads of new content each and every time and helped curb their lack of a subscription fee income, i for one am so for that model again because then you *know* you're getting totally new storylines and content and if you don't want to pay for the new stuff because you're not a huge pve fan then it didn't really make a difference.

if GW2 delivers on like half of the stuff they're saying it'll have then it'll be a huge success in my book

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Holy crap, that dragon looks fricking awesome. I might need to follow this game more, for a game with no monthly fees, this is looking very impressive.

GW1 was a great game with stunning visuals and a very depth skill system + subjob method. It was enjoyable both solo and group, actually.
    Only thing that made it good/bad was it didn't look like an MMORPG that much : all the instant teleport between cities and the instanced maps, there was no "world" around you except cities which were basically the game's hub.

Thay already metioned GW2 will fix that feeling and given all the wonderful content they are already showing, this game feels like a GREAT title to look forward to in 2011

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

This is how you should do a sequel to a game.

Have they announced a release date?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

not officially although when I looked at wiki there was talk of beta around end of the year and launch in spring 11. no idea if that's accurate. They did say they were holding back the beta since nowadays a lot of people use the beta as a demo for the game and expect it to be highly polished or something.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Shatterer was pretty cool. I do hope they work in good story and party play. The visuals look amazing and it sounds like the have great persistent world plans.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

if you played GW1 you know they'll have at least a decent story

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Have they announced what carries over specifically from GW1? I've been trying to earn titles and I'm gonna try to start filling my Hall of Monuments with weapons and armor, but if its not worth all that trouble I won't worry about it so much.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i don't know, i hope at least some of the armor does because i lurv my primeval warrior set, but i really don't think that the GW team has talked about it much since eotn was released

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I've had Primeval on my warrior for the longest time. I'm almost done with a Vabbian set so she looks less like a man, then I'm gonna work on my Necromancer and Paragon. It seems like whatever class I pick, I pick the gender with the dumber looking armor.

I might work on getting Hero armor's too, as they show up in the Hall. I'm not sure what that'll do since I think they said there aren't heroes or henchmen in GW2.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 213 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast