Closed Thread
Page 1 of 213 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Guild Wars 2: Pre-Release Discussion

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/..._text_logo.svg
    [tl;dr? Watch the videos. If you don't want to read the entire post after watching the videos...
    check your pulse. You might be dead.]

Visit → this link ← to pre-purchase the game and get 3 days-early (August 25th)
    access to the game prior to launch (August 28th), as well as a few other things that nobody really cares about![/B]

(Fan-made promo video inside! (mildly abrasive language warning)Register to see the NSFW content
    For a long time, Guild Wars 2 wasn't getting the attention it deserves from the Final Fantasy XI community. Getting it that attention is the purpose of this thread. Guild Wars 2 had been in production for around 2 years when this thread was created. How did what we now know as a very high-profile game go so long with so little notice? Was it because it is believed that only games that demand $12-15 every month can be any good? Or perhaps because "Guild Wars", as a title, belies the great game that Guild Wars is? The latter was true for me back in 2004 when I was looking at a row of PC game boxes at a local electronics store, including Final Fantasy XI and Guild Wars. I made the decision then, based on my love of previous Final Fantasy titles, that FFXI was the one for me, and I'm still playing today.

In August of 2009, an in-game friend asked me to pick up a copy of Guild Wars so that we'd have something to do together after he would leave FFXI. Though I'm still playing FFXI, I am also concurrently playing Guild Wars -- sometimes at the same time as all the downtime in FFXI allows.

Having now played through every Guild Wars campaign, I can -- and do -- say with confidence that it is not the strictly-PvP game that many perceive it to be; the storytelling and depth of lore that ArenaNet have created is actually superior to many Final Fantasy titles.

A point apart from the great quality of story and gameplay in Guild Wars, its publisher is also a worthy consideration as a reason to love the game. We all know what it's like to deal with Square-Enix and their grievous design of intentional-timesink/planned-obsolescence on a daily basis.

ArenaNet is everything opposite.

This is the foremost reason to love Guild Wars. It is also why I'll be skipping Final Fantasy XIV in favor of Guild Wars 2. It'll be the first Final Fantasy game I've decided not to purchase since... well, ever. It's disheartening to see how much SE has changed since escaping the 'underdog' position in the industry. I don't want to make this into an enormous rant, but it seems all SE cares about is its profits.

Meanwhile, ArenaNet -- for nearly as many years as FFXI -- has had the same full team continuously working on doing whatever they can for their players, keeping their game balanced and updated, and also clearly informing players of the reason any changes are made... all-in-all, everything I always wished Square-Enix would do. One can imagine my enthusiasm when I discovered that an MMO publisher was doing things right and not charging a monthly fee for their top-quality game on top of it, saints that they are... and now there is an great wealth of information about Guild Wars 2 and there is not one negative review (not even a YouTube comment) among them.

· Get to know ArenaNet (Click to watch more related videos from GamerLive.tv)

· Get to know Guild Wars 2 (Click to watch more related videos from WoodenPotatoes)

Several other videos are posted at the game's official web site, including:

· The first official trailer
    · The latest official trailer
    · A brief introduction to Guild Wars 2's races
    · The popular "ArenaNet MMO Manifesto" video (and its companion blog post)
    · Numerous environment videos
    · and of course, class/skill videos.

Regarding strictly hard facts about the game, not much is more concise (or true) than the FAQ at GuildWars2.com, but here are a few supplemental links.

· 90 Facts About Guild Wars 2 via VGRevolution.com.
    · Google Video Search for Guild Wars 2 interviews limited to the past month sorted by relevance.
    · GameSpy's "Guild Wars 2 Preview"
    · Interview at OnlineWelten.com, Part 1.
    · Interview at OnlineWelten.com, Part 2. Pages 1-3 of this article are the same interview written in German.

There's a lot more, but that's enough for the 'inaugural' post.

If you find yourself now interested in Guild Wars 2 and you're the type, like myself, to take an interest in lore, history and what-have-you, the "prequel" for Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars: Prophecies and Guild Wars: Eye of the North, can be purchased at Amazon.com for around $20-30.

After completing Prophecies and playing through a bit of Eye of the North, I was impressed enough with Guild Wars to also purchase both Factions and Nightfall. Factions was the only... let's just say "obviously low-budget" campaign, imo, but there are more positive features than negative. Nightfall marked the arrival of several new creative minds at ArenaNet, and it showed.

Then came Eye of the North, the chronological successor to Nightfall. It is specifically designed as ArenaNet's progression from the stories of Guild Wars 1 into those of Guild Wars 2. The many stories told by Eye of the North take place 250 years prior to Guild Wars 2 and several years after Guild Wars: Prophecies. Its story is 'the end' of Guild Wars 1 and the beginning of Guild Wars 2 and it serves its purpose well.

Something that astonishes me every day about either game is that Guild Wars 1 does not have a subscription fee and neither will Guild Wars 2. After watching the trailer and the many other videos online, I'm even further taken aback. Guild Wars 2's art direction (including the concept art and in-game art) is literally breathtaking. It's been far too long since there was a great adventure or role playing game that utilized hand-painted art in its scenery and for its characters -- think as far back as the King's Quest and Quest for Glory series or Legend of Kyrandia.

I'm hoping a lot of people will pick up Guild Wars 1 upon reading this. If you do, my primary character's name in Guild Wars 1 is Cadwallen Anueryn. I've completed all of the major parts of the game now, but I love going back to show new players the ropes as I did in Final Fantasy XI. If you decide to give it a try, let me know. I'll show you around when I have the time.

See you in Tyria?

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'd go back to playing GW but somehow my STR Tormented Shield got stolen from my account, and nothing else D:

it was the only thing i cared about!

well except for like the 400k i've dropped on my warrior's armor i guess

edit: also, i love the fact that if i want to go back and play i don't have to think about spending 13$ to be horribly disappointed again, plus GW is actually pretty fun in small spurts

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Not going to lie, I didn't enjoy guild wars, and didn't see what made it special outside being free. So not really looking forward to GW 2

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The PvP is nice, not necessarily 'balanced' per-say but I'd say I enjoy it a lot more than any other PvP so far.

The PvE is pretty weak, any noob LS on FFXI would run GW in about an hour

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looking froward to GW2.

I rarely play the game since I got stubbed on the quests I need to complete. I can't really find anyone to help, because no one is in this guild at all, but this is what I am right now.

I only have Factions and eye of the north.

http://i45.tinypic.com/33xk555.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    I'd go back to playing GW but somehow my STR Tormented Shield got stolen from my account, and nothing else D: it was the only thing i cared about! well except for like the 400k i've dropped on my warrior's armor i guess

edit: also, i love the fact that if i want to go back and play i don't have to think about spending 13$ to be horribly disappointed again, plus GW is actually pretty fun in small spurts. The PvP is nice, not necessarily 'balanced' per-say but I'd say I enjoy it a lot more than any other PvP so far. The PvE is pretty weak, any noob LS on FFXI would run GW in about an hour
    First part: That's one of the great things about Guild Wars. I don't know how you had anything stolen (or why anyone would bother to steal anything), but anything can be replaced with relative ease, and not much time/effort are invested in equipment, and the only way equipment is unique is in its appearance. This is both a good thing and a bad thing, in my opinion. While equipment is considered 'rare' and thereby valuable, your character doesn't really lose anything by not having certain equipment.

Second part: That's what I mentioned in my first post. Guild Wars, being free to play, is something you can drop and pick up without any worry or regret at any time. Once you have a Guild Wars "content ID" (so to speak), it is yours forever.

On the quality/difficulty of the PvE experience, I wholly disagree. Perhaps you didn't get very far in the game, don't remember well, or you ran with a very good group of players. I purchased this game in the summer of this year and have been enjoying it since. Much like FFXI or any MMO in its later years, the available "PUG" players are not all good players; quite the opposite. It is difficult to complete some missions with the AI "Heroes and Henchmen" available, and you need other players to help you. In those situations, those players need to be good players. It is not all a walk in the park.

On the depth or number of missions, Prophecies in Normal Mode alone took me about a week to finish playing with a friend (a "Signet of Spirits" Ritualist, also a good player in both FFXI and Guild Wars) and I did a lot of Factions, Nightfall and all of Eye of the North on my own. Eye of the North was a massive headache in later missions with the AI "henchmen", particularly a monster called "Cyndr, the Mountain Heart".

Guild Wars is very much a strategy-oriented game, and thereby once you have a strategy that works, everything becomes a little easier. However, that does not mean that "any noob LS" would work their way through all 3 games and EOTN/GWEN in just a week. That's an unrealistic down-playing of the quality of any of the 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Not going to lie, I didn't enjoy guild wars, and didn't see what made it special outside being free. So not really looking forward to GW 2
    What makes any MMO special? Guild Wars is the only MMO that is special because it's free to play. No MMO needs to be paid for on a monthly basis, ArenaNet sets that precedent. Yet, people continue to offer up their $12-16 per month (or more, if you're an FFXI player with several gardening mules for example). With Guild Wars 2 looking as good as it does (watch the videos, read the interviews; maybe you'll understand), it's hard to understand why anyone wouldn't be interested.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i've played on and off since release, and used to be huge into pvp and pve back before they had however many expansions are out, i used to win all kinds of pvp and gvg and a few of my schoolmates were in some top10 guilds but couldn't go to tournaments because we were all underage at the time (and money and whatnot)

the pve is way too easy once you find whatever strategy it is you need, and to be honest the classes in pve are sorely limited to a select few for the real higher up stuff.

i'm not saying you can't bring a warrior to pve but you'd be hard pressed to find people willing to deal with having a warrior over much better options for the slot for just about all pve content. with this in mind i ended up henching my way through all of the campaigns save EoTN seeing as that's where i dropped off last (for the record, henchmen henchmen, not my heroes as those weren't around when i completed the first two campaigns).

it's a fun game, i'm not saying it isn't, but there's just a couple of tweaks i'd love to see mostly involving melee classes.

for the record, GW isn't really an 'mmo' for all intents and purposes (splitting hairs i know), seeing as how every zone and battleground is instanced. they are making GW2 a much more mmo~like feel to it, which i'll admit i miss. there's just something about running around in the overworld and randomly happening upon someone to randomly pvp or just other people doing a quest or something that i really enjoy. some sort of social aspect seems to be missing from gw imo.

also, with the no-subscrip fees you do get the retard crowd, and setting yourself apart isn't as easy without being able to say "i have a ridill" to find a half-decent guild.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Best PvP MMO of all time, you'd be missing out if you weren't at least slightly interested in its sequel. And its free, which means I can try it out even if Im already playing FFXIV. Gimme some.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    What makes any MMO special? Guild Wars is the only MMO that is special because it's free to play. No MMO needs to be paid for on a monthly basis, ArenaNet sets that precedent. Yet, people continue to offer up their $12-16 per month (or more, if you're an FFXI player with several gardening mules for example). With Guild Wars 2 looking as good as it does (watch the videos, read the interviews; maybe you'll understand), it's hard to understand why anyone wouldn't be interested.
    There are tons of f2p games where i don't even need to buy the game itself. And yes I get bored of other mmos easily for being the same game, only one that ever seemed rather different was ffxi. If the only thing that makes the game "special" is that it's free, then that's an issue imo.

Also Warhammer > all for pvp.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

l
    o
    l

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There are tons of f2p games where i don't even need to buy the game itself. And yes I get bored of other mmos easily for being the same game, only one that ever seemed rather different was ffxi. If the only thing that makes the game "special" is that it's free, then that's an issue imo.

You're missing the point. No MMORPG, not even FFXI stands apart from the rhetoric of elves/gnomes/etc, job/class/profession/etc, battle/craft/etc. SOP... and so what I meant was the only thing unique about any good, major publisher/title MMORPG would be that it doesn't charge you every month. After that, all that matters to me is how well a game does in those story/etc categories. Most important of all are depth of lore/story and the company behind the product. FFXI fails miserably in the latter of those two categories and is far behind previous Final Fantasy game in terms of having an interesting story.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

QQ about MMOs somewhere else imo. This is a thread about a future game, not all the problems you feel plague the entire genre.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://kotaku.com/5422005/guild-wars...ike-other-mmos
    Call me crazy, but I always thought a major pull of Guild Wars was that it wasn't like other massively multiplayer online games.

It's not just the GW used a more realistic art style than the dreaded juggernaut, World of Warcraft. Guild Wars was different because it was mostly instanced (which I think might've made it easier to break down new content into meaty packs that just added a massive batch of instances in new zones). Personally, I liked the way Guild Wars was because if nothing else, you could at least say it was different than everything else in some fundamental way.

But to hell with what I think. Here's what Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer Eric Flannum thinks:

We use a lot less instancing than we have in the past. The game is structured much more like other MMOs, with the world consisting almost entirely of fully persistent areas. That being said, we have a number of different ways in which we use instancing. Dungeons, for example, are instanced areas designed for group play. We also use instancing very heavily in the players' personal quest chain to reflect decisions that the player has made on those quests. For example, Logan Thackeray, captain of the Seraph, has an office located in Divinity's Reach; his office is instanced because we need to update his status based on choices the player has made.

You can check out the rest of his interview (which includes World Designer/Writer Ree Soesbee and Environment Art Lead Dave Beetlestone) at MMORPG.com. Reading the whole thing definitely put Flannum's quote in perspective and there's some interesting tidbits about what else we can expect from the sequel to the MMO that will still always be a special snowflake in my mind.

I think what they're aiming for with GW2 has the potential to be way better than fully instanced (as GW is) or an mmo that is mostly persistent (ffxi). Again, what they're aiming for and what they end up with may be entirely different things, but I'm greatly looking forward to GW2.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    QQ about MMOs somewhere else imo. This is a thread about a future game, not all the problems you feel plague the entire genre.
    Hey, all I did was comment considering the op was surprised no one posted about it. Then responded when spoken too. Don't get all upset because I have an opinion.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hey, all I did was comment considering the op was surprised no one posted about it. Then responded when spoken too. Don't get all upset because I have an opinion.
    Was talking to Dragir o.O

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Was talking to Dragir o.O
    haha my bad XD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir
    You're missing the point. No MMORPG, not even FFXI stands apart from the rhetoric of elves/gnomes/etc, job/class/profession/etc, battle/craft/etc. SOP... and so what I meant was the only thing unique about any good, major publisher/title MMORPG would be that it doesn't charge you every month. After that, all that matters to me is how well a game does in those story/etc categories. Most important of all are depth of lore/story and the company behind the product. FFXI fails miserably in the latter of those two categories and is far behind previous Final Fantasy game in terms of having an interesting story.
    You know I created this thread, right?

Anyway... I wasn't "QQ'ing about problems I feel plague the entire MMORPG genre." I was clarifying a point that even FFXI shares a common theme with every RPG because just about everything has been tried and done after 30~ years... and when it comes to any major title MMORPG, the only thing that can set it apart is being free to play. Moving along, now...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.massively.com/2009/12/04/...ars-2-trailer/

Analyzing the newest Guild Wars 2 trailer
    by Rubi Bayer Dec 4th 2009 at 11:00AM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...er1-rb-123.jpg

ArenaNet has a very early, very wonderful holiday gift for Guild Wars fans this morning: a brand new Guild Wars 2 trailer. (Take a moment to cheer, then we'll move on.) The trailer is amazingly beautiful, something we've come to expect from ArenaNet and particularly Guild Wars 2. But if you don't let yourself get distracted by the eye candy -- something that is admittedly hard to do -- there is a lot of new information here, including more details on people and places we've already heard of, and some fascinating possibilities to explore.

Take a look at the video here, then follow along with us as we explore this new information from ArenaNet. If you're unfamiliar with Guild Wars 2, this will help you get acquainted, but we also have some deep lore speculation for current Guild Wars fans. (The video can also be found at the official Guild Wars 2 site.)

This trailer is designed to give us a closer look at the five races of Tyria, and we get a chance to hear from each of them and get some insight into how they feel about their role in the battle they've found themselves in. We begin with the human warrior, Logan Thackeray.

Wait a minute. Thackeray? That certainly opens the door for some speculation, so we'll get the ball rolling: Keiran Thackery was the Ebon Vanguard soldier in charge of Wintersday events in 2008, and he took a special interest in the infamous Gwen. Once Wintersday was over, he could be found now and again in the Hall of Monuments, continuing to reach out to her: "At least I always know where to find you, if I should need...anything." Are these advances toward Gwen a sign of something more? Could Logan Thackery possibly be descended from these two, continuing ArenaNet's inclusion of Gwen in the storyline?

Well, speculation aside, Logan is a "defender of Divinity's Reach". We get a good look at some areas of Divinity's Reach in this video, including what seems to be the main plaza, given the festive flags and confetti (the main plaza is supposed to be the home of a year-round carnival). Thackeray explains what we already know of the Tyrian humans: they're not having an easy time of it, but continue to battle on for their gods and for Queen Jennah, who makes her home in Divinity's Reach -- possibly in that soaring tower in the background of the main plaza. Not much is known about professions in Guild Wars 2, but the trailer contains some familiarly styled armor, particularly 40 seconds in.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...man-rb-124.jpg

The trailer takes a sudden and decidedly militaristic turn with the Charr reply to Thackeray's declarations of faith and perseverance. Rytlock Brimstone is the Charr Tribune who declares "Your faith is your weakness, human," as our introduction to this closer look at the Charr. The word "steampunk" has been batted about endlessly as a description of the Charr in Tyria's future, and it fits. An aerial camera view scans over the Charr settlement The Black Citadel and shows a primitive, rough, dirty sort of technology. Aesthetics are not the issue here; getting the job done is the issue -- a philosophy that suits the Charr nicely.

A huge arena amidst the furnaces, pipes, and gears is reminiscent of the arena in The Flight North and opens up several possibilities -- maybe a similar purpose on a much larger scale, or a venue for the aggressive Charr to fight amongst themselves in a show of strength. A close look reveals several items that open up even further speculation and hint at a multi-purpose use. Two large walls or barriers, a central pole (tether?), what appears to be some sort of vehicle, and even more interesting: "ground level" seating focused on something that looks like a large cannon on a swivel mount. Whatever the Charr are doing with this arena, they've progressed way beyond the days when Gwen threw rocks at a support pillar.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...arr-rb-124.jpg

Enter Eir Stegalkin of the Norn, who is less than impressed with guns and the like. "Strength is nothing without wisdom", she declares. While the fiercely independent Norn value strength, they reject brute force in favor of wisdom gleaned from the spirits of the wild. "Becoming the Bear" is a concept familiar to Guild Wars players, and an ability we envied in the Norn. With the arrival of the Norn as a playable race arrives the ability to play a character that can truly shapeshift -- not only into a bear, but a raven, wolf, or snow leopard.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...eir-rb-123.jpg

The trailer gives us a sweeping view of Hoelbrak, a Norn settlement that seems to stretch from mountaintop to mountaintop in the Shiverpeaks. Further inspection a moment later gives us a skirmish between a group of Norn and Centaurs. This was our second look at Centaurs in the trailer, and suggests a significant Centaur presence in Guild Wars 2, despite the fact that we've only seen one very brief mention of them so far. Given that the Centaurs were fighting the humans as well, we can assume that Ventari's efforts for peace were largely unsuccessful.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...ura-rb-124.jpg

"Ignorant clods," snarls Zojja the Asura, leaving us with no question as to the Asura race's feelings about all of this. (Yes, you are hearing what you think you are hearing. That is Felicia Day as the voice of Zojja.) Brain over brawn is her philosophy, a feeling shared by most of her fellow Asura, and she has no patience whatsoever for those who don't share it.

Our look at Rata Sum reveals a much changed city and population. An Asura Gate or two can be seen in the distance, but overall things have changed a lot since the days when Oggy was tying Taro leaves to his ears. The structures are much larger and modernized, and Asuran wardrobes have moved from their Native American/Mesoamerican look into a more sleek, technical style. The Golems created by the Asura have undergone the most noticeable change, one already seen and commented on by many fans. They've gone from the hulking robot shape familiar to us through M.O.X. to a simpler, more rounded structure. Knowing what we do of the Asura, we can assume that this is a much more advanced design and that appearances are deceiving. After all, we never saw M.O.X.carrying Vekk around in his hand during vanquishes.

Interestingly, the old Golem style that we are used to may not be entirely a thing of the past. Watching the video closely will reveal that some of the Golems in the groups are reminiscent of the clunkier, more familiar style, and they are fighting against the new style Golems. Asura wielding staves stand outside of the fray, seemingly controlling one or both groups of Golems. Is it a testing area of sorts as part of the Golem creation process, staged fights to allow Asura to show off their creations, or an effort to subdue renegade Golems as we did in Zinn's Task? As with the rest, the possibility for speculation based on what we already know is wide open.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...ari-rb-124.jpg

Finally, we meet Caithe of the Sylvari, the newborn race that is the biggest mystery to us. We know their origins in the Pale Tree planted by Ronan, their bond with the plants and land, and the hivemind they share, known as the Dream of Dreams. "In the grove we hear the land calling out for champions. We answer," says Caithe. Her declaration that "evil threatens Tyria" coincides with a brief underwater shot, resurfacing to reveal a group of Sylvari as Caithe asserts that the Dream will guide them through the darkness. We know the Nightmare Court is an evil faction of Sylvari, so the possibility of water-dwelling Nightmare Court Sylvari may have presented itself. The Sylvari are a young and innocent race, but one with courage and a willingness to fight, with Caithe foremost among these fighters. "Caithe was among the first sylvari to step upon the earth of Tyria, but where the others turned toward the sun, she sought shadow. She has never been afraid to gaze into darkness – or to seek truths that others fear."

http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc...ages/races.jpg

Together these five -- Logan, Rytlock, Eir (and her wolf companion Garn), Zojja, and Caithe -- are Destiny's Edge, an adventuring group renowned for their bravery and skill. They serve as our introduction to the five races of Guild Wars 2.

Yes, the video is beautiful. But there is much more to it than that. The music -- thank you Jeremy Soule -- is stellar. The voice acting features not only the aforementioned Felicia Day, but several accomplished voice actors. The trailer gives extensive insight for all players: those new to the world of Guild Wars get a clear overview of what each race is like, and veteran players learn a lot about how things have changed in a few hundred years. The sheer amount of attention paid to depth and detail throughout the trailer means that it will be well worth your time to watch more than once and explore the background a bit to see what you can pick out.

In the meantime, familiarize yourself with the five races and start thinking of where you want to jump in to Guild Wars 2... As Caithe says, "It is time to fight. What is your story?"

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I kinda wanna be a norn when this game comes out. only takes 2 to be an army. Plus you can turn into a bear.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

norn or possibly sylvari for me, i loved having Jora in my group though

edit: although i might just keep my first char (fem war), she's a fucking beast in that primeval armor, especially if i get to keep it in gw2

edit2: charr are all male, norn all female?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 213 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast