Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Forgotten Crafting Things - 2 Questions

1) There used to be a player who's goal in FFXI was to acquire every furnishing for all the crafts then take one to 100. (Gold I believe).

So he leveled everything to 88, got the furniture then deleveled it on the next craft. Like 2-3 years ago I remember he had like 5 done... but I lost track of his blog/forum/whatever. Anyone still have it?

2) I know jpbutton interview said "We wanted to give all players raising a craft to 40 some help" in regards to trainee equipment. However, this has never set well with me. Why would anyone raise a craft to 40? Most serious crafters would raise one to 60. And since 100-60 is 40, maybe the developer just made a slip in the interview? Also, if they stop working at 40 you'd have an 8 level gap to craft without ANY +1 gear since the earliest you can get your subcraft's +1 item is at 48 with rank up. So maybe *just maybe* they meant 60.

Could someone point me to testing that has been done to prove it's 40, and/or explain to me how to test this so I can do it? I know there is a range that you can/can't craft recipes if you're to far away, so using the recipe and (un)equipping the trainee item you can figure out if you're gaining the +1.

My smithing is currently 38, so I should be able to test it now to prove I'm getting it and then again in 2-3 levels and make sure I'm not.

Thanks!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also Im going to add a question to this list myself, one that Im not sure on, I guess I could pretty easily test this as well.

Though its apparently proven that guild support turns off the effect of the trainee items, was this only done with the same guilds support?

Just wondering if, IE, I have 100 wwing + 60 smithing, if I equip smithing's trainee item and then get woodworking support will that still turn off the smithing item, or will I get 100+3 wwing and 60+1 smithing?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Also Im going to add a question to this list myself, one that Im not sure on, I guess I could pretty easily test this as well.

Though its apparently proven that guild support turns off the effect of the trainee items, was this only done with the same guilds support?

Just wondering if, IE, I have 100 wwing + 60 smithing, if I equip smithing's trainee item and then get woodworking support will that still turn off the smithing item, or will I get 100+3 wwing and 60+1 smithing?
    You have to be under level 40 for the gear to be active.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There is a thread a few pages back where someone wasn't content with the assumption that the trainee gear latent is only under 60 and tests themself that at 51 skill it did not work for a recipe 15 above. This was a couple months before the interview. If you want to test all the way down to 40, try this recipe with the smithing trainee item on http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=12928&sid=25 when you hit level 40. You shouldnt be allowed to even attempt the synth so you won't have to worry about losing mats, but normally you would aggro a mob and then start the synth, which will interrupt it only losing the crystal.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    You have to be under level 40 for the gear to be active.
    Except the OP is questioning this very statement thus my question.

I'll check this out later I suppose, see if I come up with anything

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    1) There used to be a player who's goal in FFXI was to acquire every furnishing for all the crafts then take one to 100. (Gold I believe).

So he leveled everything to 88, got the furniture then deleveled it on the next craft. Like 2-3 years ago I remember he had like 5 done... but I lost track of his blog/forum/whatever. Anyone still have it?
    Pretty sure that guy's character went *poof* with the big salvage banfest. I had his blog/LJ bookmarked at some point but couldn't find it...I'll check my backups.

Banned.

BG Level

Great Job