+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: hunter x hunter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I love that HxH still throws some strategy in. It's not just all powers and strength like most shounens after a certain point.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I think this describes what the next chapter is full of...

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v29/c328/

its out now

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The next chapter spoilers... look to be awesome...

and a bit of wtf

Spoiler: show

dunno if its fake or not, but the grandma.. is also transformed into one the airships.. wut
    whats his name that died last chapter.. didn't really die O_o

and it seems hisoka meets up with killua first (and he may also once again be fighting the butler from earlier with the coins)

At the pace the anime is going, may only take a month or 2 to get to these actually good parts though ;/ The bug chapters, may not take too long considering alot of it was chat, and the way the anime ie skipping like 5-10+ chapters at a time...

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was skimming my HxH GNs the other night and I realized that this current arc with the Ant King started like forever ago. Holy shit. Its already surpassed the Hunter program and the Greed Island stories combined in length. And its not really one of my favorites :/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    The next chapter spoilers... look to be awesome...
    ..Your spoilers are completely wrong and the chapter has already been released:

http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/328

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Stilzkin View Post
    ..Your spoilers are completely wrong and the chapter has already been released:

http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/328

Not talking about 328

Here's a few pics of chapters... that may be 329, 330 ? or something... who knows

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images10z...937c0796d0.jpg

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images10z...2159ebeaa8.jpg

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images10z...e11030a6cb.jpg

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images10z...a38daa8c8f.jpg

Couldn't find the one where the grandmother is shown as a blimp... but thats probably next chapter...

hmm same say this may be just fan art/fake stuff too ;/ either way really hoping that one guy didn't die that easy, I mean he's a butler for the greatest assassin family in the world.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

lol seriously?

Thats a collection of fake spoilers and joke pictures, some of which have been out for weeks.

The butler was just a butler can't expect him to keep up with guys on the level of the family. Tsubone is the only one who might be strong, I'm expecting the others to be horribly mutilated, though I wish they could be spared.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hunter x Hunter

God knows how long this will be drawn before another hiatus, but while it is, it deserves it's own thread.

This thread will be full of manga spoilers. Read at your own risk if you are anime only.

Anyway, so the first new chapter.

So Togashi is going down the zombie apocalypse route with the new world?

It's nice seeing such detailed art again. Sadly, the chapter felt too wordy and overexplained. Sure, it served as a good setup for the next arc, but considering manga is a visual medium, it didn't really exploit that advantage compared to previously.

Either way, I'm still happy we're seeing more of Hunter x Hunter and the arc sounds promising.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    This thread will be full of manga spoilers. Read at your own risk if you are anime only.

Anyway, so the first new chapter.

So Togashi is going down the zombie apocalypse route with the new world?
    ive been waiting so long for this thread to become active again.

Your gif avatar is quite appropriate, then.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

thanks for the merge, this one was buried really deep.

kind of like any thoughts I had of Togashi ever continuing this manga.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

this hiatus is what? 2 years and 3 months? I remember 340 being released in March of 2012. Hope it's more than 10 chapters this time.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've actually stopped collecting these graphic novels for the time being. I really like this series and how it started off but it's been waning ever since the Ant King story imo. The hardcore in me want to continue with it but.... eh, I dunno.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Really hoping he puts out more chapters, trying to catch up to anime now to see ant arc animated, so far it has been great. Are they stopping at ant arc or where he stopped previously in chapters (The election I think?)

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Really hoping he puts out more chapters, trying to catch up to anime now to see ant arc animated, so far it has been great. Are they stopping at ant arc or where he stopped previously in chapters (The election I think?)
    no idea yet

latest episode is gon super sayin mode, so a few more episodes should wrapup the ant arc. not sure if they will go killua saving gon arc, gon's father, and the dark continent considering the manga just started up again

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Chapter's out.

Another chapter with LOTS OF TEXT. But the one thing I took from it is that Ging will be involved in the next arc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Couldn't make heads or tails of most of the dialogue (way too much text + mediocre translation), and apparently it's not just me. So someone dug through it and made a summary on mangastream:

Alright people this is going to be a fairly long read because Togashi packed a lot of stuff in this chapter:

Well we know that Isaac Netero wants the Zodiacs to go to Dark Continent. Netero had also been to the Dark Continent before but found that his view of strength is more on that for combat. Beyond, on the other hand, views strength to be that of determination and the desire to explore the unknown - something Netero acknowledges as a far more virtuous quality of a hunter. This is why Netero is "making a request" for the Hunters Association to set up their own expedition and beat Beyond for the prestige of exploring and colonizing the Dark Continent.

The country of Kakin wants to go to the Dark Continent. The Dark Continent remember from last chapter, is taboo and humans have not visited it for centuries.

The V5 (Five Modern Nation Leaders) don't want to deal with this because each time humanity has stepped into the Dark Continent, they've only brought calamities back. Another reason is out of the 149 times humanity has tried to voyage the Dark Continent, there were only 28 survivors and 3 were able to live normal lives (Beyond was one of them). Mind you these were powerful individuals with a lot of luck on their side. So it would be very reckless and dangerous for the citizens of Kakin to head over to the Dark Continent.

V5 order The Zodiacs to capture Beyond, as a way to get their own info on the Dark Continent (preferably the calamities).

Beyond gives himself up, proposing they take him to The Dark Continent under the pretense that they are chasing him and to obtain greater support for his trip to the Dark Continent from the Hunter's Association and V5. Funny part was he made a prediction that they would release him, which means this was all planned from the beginning. Beyond is a lot smarter than we gave him credit for and is truly the son of Isaac Netero.

The Zodiacs accept, so they can fulfill Isaac's final request/order.

The V5 plan on inviting Kakin in order to turn the organization from the V5 into the V6, in an attempt to limit the damage of the expedition that would otherwise bring more calamities back from the Dark Continent. To ensure a monitored expedition, the Hunter's Association will accompany Beyond by orders of the V5 into the Dark Continent.

The Zodiac must do this on the expedition toff the Dark Continent:
    1. Keeping Beyond a prisoner
    2. Fighting off Beyond's allies
    3. Dealing with the 5 calamities
    4. Exploring the continent to find ways to benefit mankind.

The King of Kakin is building Black Whale ships to effectively transport people from their country into the Dark Continent. The first ship will send Beyond and presumably the Zodiac 10 along with more in the future. The King estimates one million immigrants over the next five years. The V5 isn't planning on sending people other than select few into the Dark Continent. They'll use the ships to transport people to islands close to the Continent, and then tell them that's the place, so there won't be any immigrants to the continent itself.

Ging meets with Pariston and proposes he joins Beyond's team. Pariston is surprised and assumed Ging was there to stop him. Ging let's him know that is the plan and that he knows Pariston is the person behind all this expedition stuff (Beyond and Kakin going against V5 and dragging the Hunters Association in the mess). He also tells Pariston to stop causing trouble because Pariston was going to send his pet army of 5000 Chimera ant soldiers against one of two targets: the human world if the Hunter Association goes along with Beyond or the Hunter Association itself if it doesn't. Ging then tells Pariston that he will not drag innocent people's lives into this and that the Hunter Association is still big enough of a playground for him to mess with. To sweeten the deal, Ging is there as his "playmate". Pariston mentions that he sees Ging as a worthy adversary to play with and is amused that they are now going to work together in the expedition. Ging tells that him that he might want to be a lone wolf in the Dark Continent......looks like Gon will have to search for his father in the Dark Continent in the future.

Beyond and the Zodiacs will be the first adventurers that manage to successfully infiltrate the Dark Continent officially, and will also establish the first ground base for operations and maybe even starting the cartography of the first continent.

*There has to be a time skip for Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio because right now they are far too weak for the Dark Continent. My prediction is 5 years and by then Leerio will be a doctor. He could be a great benefit in healing injuries and maybe train to become more proficient in nen usage. Killua is with Alluka and so I wouldn't doubt he has many battles protecting his younger bro and so expect him to grow in power. Don't know how Kurapica will come into this because he can't use his nen abilities without fighting the Phantom Troupe but Togashi will make it work or he will go with something completely different. Time will tell.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That was actually a very helpful explanation. My eyes kind of glossed over when I read the manga, so I didn't really register any of it lol

^ Ditto, weekly releases tend not to have the most accurate translations due to the tight release schedule but I could barely get through this weeks HXH. Thanks for the translation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast