+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: hunter x hunter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    The editor for the manga said in Shonen Jump's questionnaires today that he was polling readers on what the top 3 most shocking moments in the series were to them, and that the next chapter would have something that will probably change that list.
    That's not what I hear it says. The editor was asked what is next for the series. He said that what is about to happen is something that he would label as one of the 3 most horrific moments in the series.

I would imagine something like the scene with Pitou playing with Kite's head is what he is talking about.

When was this and which chapter is this referring to?
    This was in this week's issue. Instead of getting a chapter we got a summary by Togashi and his editor.

edit: Apparently the editor was talking about impactful moments, which some have translators have been changing to best and others to worst.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Doesn't change what I said too much, just the context. I think most of the translators are solid on that he indicated something incredibly shocking is going to happen in the next chapter.

I'm not even sure what I would consider to be on that list

Gon-san is #1 undoubtedly. Kite's head probably being #2. I'm not sure what #3 is.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I'm currently watching the series on Netflix and it irks me that whomever did the sub translated New York City to Yorknew City.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I'm currently watching the series on Netflix and it irks me that whomever did the sub translated New York City to Yorknew City.
    Welp...

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Yorknew_City
    http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Yorknew_City_arc

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

pfffffffffffffffffff

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's cool. If we play this the right way, I don't think anyone will notice what happened.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Wonder how much further the anime will be going, looks like their going past the ant arc and...

Spoiler: show
    Going into killua's fight with his brother to get whats her name wish granting daughter of the killua family to heal gon, curious if they are going as far as the current manga. Randomly, I don't recall hisoka in the manga at this part in the manga where the anime is...?

I know this is old but was not answered its ending at episode 148 my guess for the ending point would be

right before kila/gon split

They might show that because anima tends to love ending on a "wtf will happen next" even tho it will be 3 years before another season at least l(if not ever)

Edit:
    or maybe with his normal life? I think they said it will end on a fulfilling point, that would be the nicest way maybe.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

with how often this manga comes out.. never.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    with how often this manga comes out.. never.
    well most recent break was because of health reasons, so you may be right. We very well could see lots and lots of breaks and at some point just an end to it.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

"health" reasons.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

he had lower back surgery

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

"lower back" surgery

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

sitting up and working on manga everyday for 7 weeks straight for probably forever isn't exactly easy on your back since he doesn't use assistants for whatever reason

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    sitting up and working on manga everyday for 7 weeks straight for probably forever isn't exactly easy on your back since he doesn't use assistants for whatever reason
    Their work hours appear to be horrible too. I think a work schedule for Oda had him only sleeping 3-4 hours a day.

Togashi is unlikely to have worked under those schedules for a long time now but I get the feeling that his breaks are partly due to his disdain for how the industry works. He's one of the few authors who can control when and how he works so he takes advantage of and doesn't seem to give a crap how it makes him look.

The break for HxH has now been extended indefinitely. The way this break has been extended multiple times makes me think it might really be due to health issues. Togashi being a unhealthy guy is probably taking a part in these breaks as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Damn, feels for everyone.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

feels indeed.

will 147 be the end? or 150

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Gonna be a sad day for anime when it ends. I really hope Madhouse have every intention to continue once they get enough material to do so.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I would not hold my breath sadly. I don't think there is any filler and because of that and the breaks it would be a good 3+ years(and that is him starting up and not stopping) before we see another season.

I really think it's the end for the anima if we want more hope the best for his health for the manga.

Always a possibility or potentially more movies to wrap things up if necessary. I will miss this shit though, also I'm pretty sure this anime only has 1 OP/ED song? Good on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast