+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: hunter x hunter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

hunter x hunter

http://anime.crumplednapkin.net/wp-c...xhmaincrew.png

nothing on this manga either? damn i consider it up there with onepiece.
    i didn't get really into it till later on after they started talking about and using nen but now
    Spoiler: show
    even with the dbz reference in the king ant lol
    i really enjoy it.

anyone else read this besides me?

Banned.

BG Level

Isn't the author dying? Making this come out at a pace of 1/2 shonen-length chapters a year?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Less dying and more of running out of ideas

A. Body
    BG Level

Yuyu hakusho is still my all time favorite manga.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im confused, did I just go in to a time warp? HxH discussion ended in early 2000s, are they trying to milk more out of it or something?

Banned.

BG Level

2 or 3 new chapters came out recently but it went to shit by manga number 70 or so.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

it still comes out weekly x.x

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Kurapika is gay, and so are all the main characters.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby View Post
    it still comes out weekly x.x
    yes for 10 weeks, then the author takes another year to two years break

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Every time I think of Hunter x Hunter I think of this chapter >_>

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/187/01/

I havn't had the time to keep up with the series for a long time, I don't even remember what really happened. I'm still trying to catch up in Naruto and finish up Shaman King.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

the last 2-3 chapters. . . the definition of epic

it's hard to believe there is so much hate for it, it's been weekly release for as long as i can remember and it's still going

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Marihoki View Post
    Every time I think of Hunter x Hunter I think of this chapter >_>

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/187/01/
    Is there an explanation as to why this series of chapters looked like shit?

Black Belt
    BG Level

The author is the big name in manga, so they pretty much let him submit anything since people would read whatever shit he puts out anyway.

So he has submitted in many chapters where it's just fucking rough sketch, I'd imagine they fixed that shit on the bound volumes, but I still think his art is shit

Then again, the story is shit, the character is also shit

Banned.

BG Level

The setting is fucking awesome... but then this arc is fucking retarded. Basically DBZ.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I don't know, I find hunter x hunter's lore kinda overly exaggerated on basically everything

I mean the hunter license in itself, it was like something around the line that only 1 in 10,000 or 100,000 people has it, then on top of it, only 1 in a few thousand or some other bullshit number can develop nen, then like only 1 in some bullshit numbers can develop it to a certain level, etc. Kinda ironic, since unnamed nen using hunter dies pretty much at the same rate as redshirts in star trek

Then there is the Auction arc, where the readers were given the idea that the world's currency has about the same value as Diablo's gold.

It's like the mangaka is getting off to writing about big numbers. I get some of the occurrence can be really rare and the main characters has the heaven smiling on them, since they are the main character, but really putting specific numbers or real life comparison to it just makes it annoying to read as if the readers are too fucking stupid to understand the point.

I don't fucking need to know the lore behind the nuke Netero just fucking used to kill himself and the king, I get it, it's the fucking equivalent of the nuclear weapon in real life, I don't need to know about the fictional nuclear proliferation treaty or the amount of fictional people that had died because of it, mainly because none of it will fucking matter after the next 2 pages.

Don't even get me started when they fucking started the mission with the timer counter, that was fucking ridiculous that 10+ chapter would pass and they're not even 5 minutes into the mission. And that wasn't because they were kicking asses in supersonic speed either.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I liked the first arc of the hunter x hunter anime, than it slowly went downhill starting with retconning the nen power shit in, than the whole card game thing. I checked out the manga where the anime left off a long time ago, but the horrid drawing quality turned me off. Does it ever stop looking like rough sketches on a napkin?

Black Belt
    BG Level

unless they have tankoubon scans, no

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    The setting is fucking awesome... but then this arc is fucking retarded. Basically DBZ.
    Yeah... This manga was one of my top favorites, but this latest arc moved it down a bit. It's been getting better ever since it came back, but still not as great as before.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    The author is the big name in manga, so they pretty much let him submit anything since people would read whatever shit he puts out anyway.

So he has submitted in many chapters where it's just fucking rough sketch, I'd imagine they fixed that shit on the bound volumes, but I still think his art is shit

Then again, the story is shit, the character is also shit
    I think I remember seeing the published manga with some of the chapters still just sketches. Granted its been a long time, but I remember them not fixing it. Seeing chapters with half the panels blank or just black background trees is kinda funny though >_>;

latest chapters are just fucking lol, hair touching the sky, seriously?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast