Page 7 of 276 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    I'm really enjoying SC2 so far. It seems very balanced (there are issues out there, like Protoss + Zerg 2v2 with Chronoboost being used on the Zerg Hatchery frequently seems like it might need a nerf), easy to pick up, and a lot of fun.
    Last thing I'm worried about is the balance. You know thing will get nerfed if people complain about it. Even if it's not perfect on the official release, Blizzard has always been good at updating their game.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Yeah I'm not worried about fine-tuned balance at all right now. Its balanced enough to be in a fairly playable state in all races with a fair shot at a win. With the whole of the beta ahead and 2 expansion packs after that, not to mention the countless patches, there will be plenty of opportunities to fine tune.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

so when the game comes out, is there going to be leagues for people who absolutely suck? I've never played SC1 or WC3 besides dota. So never really played any RTS. Is there going to be ways for me to get better while playing online and not just getting completely steamrolled forever?

the german community manager Xordiah said that there will be another wave of invites before march and that they have more waves coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS4uoqlVL_c

Hahahahahahahhaha best rush ever

blax n gunz
    BG Level

scouting failure there, P should have kept a probe there to watch the lifts, he also failed to kill the SCVs when it landed.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

holy shit, that is hilarious and yet soo cheap

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

To all the people who posted about replays: Replays in SC2 work even after the game is patched. This is totally different from SC1, which can only play replays of the current version.

To the person asking about ladders for crappy players: Yes, the automated matchmaker system that they use in ladder will automatically place you into the correct pool of players based on your skill level. It's a bit more sophisticated that War3 was. It's designed to be even more difficult for people to take advantage of the system to artificially boost their ranking.
    No matter how bad you are, you should eventually wind up in a pool of similarly-skilled players where you will be challenged but not overwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patb View Post
    so when the game comes out, is there going to be leagues for people who absolutely suck? I've never played SC1 or WC3 besides dota. So never really played any RTS. Is there going to be ways for me to get better while playing online and not just getting completely steamrolled forever?
    To add to what was posted above, not only will the match making system put you with people of similar skill level and works to avoid smurfing (high level players making new accounts) there is also going to be a casual league, with a bit of a toned down game speed to help new people learn the ins and outs of the game. There is also supposed to be a mode where there are specific challenges designed to help teach and improve things like macroing properly and building you're economy.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

You must have at least one full version of a Blizzard Entertainment game attached to this Battle.net account in order to set up your beta profile.
    Bleh.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

its like $5 for diablo 2 keys on some websites

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    its like $5 for diablo 2 keys on some websites
    Anyone have a reputable website for buying Diablo 2 keys?

I lost mine ages ago, and the sites I find via Google look terribly shady.

Testimonials would be preferred.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Just got my invite! All right!

What are people's names? Mine is Maguspk

Wow activating the key was even badass!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Caffeine.nicotine

Let's play

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Do the keys come from '[email protected]'?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They do.

Just be sure the site you're taken to to download stuff is a legit battle.net address. Standard disclaimers about noscript/adblock apply.

LazyShell
    BG Level

geno.geno

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Gah feels like the download is taking an eternity. I'll add you guys once I get installed. I assume the name.name style makes sense once I get on and actually log in.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Yeah its basically name.identifier. That way you can pretty much always get the name you want to be called by (before the period), but you also get a second thing to identify you amongst anyone else who uses the same nick. In game only the first name is shown, but you need both to add to friend's list.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The download is quite massive and thanks to blizzard's insistence on a 1:1 p2p ratio it took me 14 total hours to download. Guess I'll get my games in with y'all tomorrow, tired of smashing people who build 6 drones the entire game and don't build air units.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 276 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast