+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 276 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Added you both, I'm magus.magus

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    The download is quite massive and thanks to blizzard's insistence on a 1:1 p2p ratio it took me 14 total hours to download. Guess I'll get my games in with y'all tomorrow, tired of smashing people who build 6 drones the entire game and don't build air units.
    A bit late to mention it now, but I learned a trick regarding this on a previous game w/ the Blizzard download. Turning off the P2P in the preferences will massively increase your direct download speed. Think it pushed mine from like 20kb/s to 800ish.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

They do.

Just be sure the site you're taken to to download stuff is a legit battle.net address. Standard disclaimers about noscript/adblock apply.
    Apparently my key was legit although I can't remember signing up for one. I made a Battle.net account using an old RAF WoW account and applied it and I'm downloading now.

I've never even played Starcraft, or Warcraft 3 for that matter.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It is possible you opted in when you made your battle.net account and forgot about it. Lucky you

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

haha, either people are bad or I am better than I remember. I kind of like the rocks and stuff on the map I played. Made me feel really safe from a rush so I could just tech and experiment a bit.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Man, I get excited every time I see a new email in my box only for it to be one from a classmate or professor. But if I don't get in, I've waited this long for the game already so I guess a couple more months won't kill me.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    haha, either people are bad or I am better than I remember. I kind of like the rocks and stuff on the map I played. Made me feel really safe from a rush so I could just tech and experiment a bit.
    People are bad. Every opponent I've met on a novice map just pumps out ground units and tries to break every rock between me and them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

People are bad. Every opponent I've met on a novice map just pumps out ground units and tries to break every rock between me and them.
    That'll probably be me heh

LazyShell
    BG Level

Enjoy the practice league while you're in it, no more novice maps after that if you are pursuing ladder play (at least I think so. I know I haven't seen any in my league).

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Yeah playing on novice maps is probably not good for me since I'm going to forget the build orders vs opponents who can actually push a rush. I'm just playing very aggressively anyway, my only flaw will be remembering that 2nd gateway during a real match.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah playing on novice maps is probably not good for me since I'm going to forget the build orders vs opponents who can actually push a rush. I'm just playing very aggressively anyway, my only flaw will be remembering that 2nd gateway during a real match.
    Against a good Zerg you're going to want to forgo that second gateway for a while.
    You'll want some Zealots and especially Stalkers + Sentries ASAP, because 4-6 minutes in, the Roach fest is coming. You're going to need to fend it off for a minute or two until you can build Immortals to stem that tide. (Roaches are the current FoTM in beta).

After that feel free to punish with some Void Rays for a quick win

After playing for awhile... protoss carriers+mothership are entirely too fun. I'm liking that not many people are zerg these days, gives me time for the fun stuff, not having to worry about roach zerg i can go strait air.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Gah, I've been checking my mail daily hoping for an invite, but I was having no luck. Turns out I never completed the beta opt-in. fml. Oh well, hopefully I still have a chance! I guess I'll go play sc1 again and remember the good old days.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Found out the hard way overlords are not detectors any more. Also I am losing fairly consistently now. I don't like how the letters are totally not what I expect, taking some getting used to. Overall the game plays well though, my one real complaint is I feel like I can't see much at once. I wish I could zoom out further, like the resolution is just bad for how big my monitor is.

i applied to a german starcraft community site as an editor/news writer just to get beta access >.>
    So far they seem to like my text sample and i got a job interview with them this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jK3FzrGXJg&fmt=22

Looks like they finally have a server emulator going I guess they need to polish it up a bit first before release, as it still isn't available to us.

edit: Here's an SS of the thread
    http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6357/lolsnb.jpg

Can't link to main forums as the site is crashing from overload

edit: Seems its just single player (sandbox), no AI or multiplayer yet.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So what are the odds that this Monday we'll see more invites? Think Blizzard will increase the playerbase once a week?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    So what are the odds that this Monday we'll see more invites? Think Blizzard will increase the playerbase once a week?
    Based on previous Blizzard betas, the invites come in phases and each phase is 1-2 months long.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Resolved my problem, Peerblock hates sc2.

Quote Originally Posted by Minions View Post
    Resolved my problem, Peerblock hates sc2.
    lol. It was the patch that helped the developers find the crack actually. They didn't specify how exactly but my guess is the error messages bugfix is what led to it

BTW, Holy SHIT @ Immortals. I was testing their strength and 1 single immortal managed to destroy 3 photon cannons by itself wailing on it. Even my MOTHERSHIP couldn't do that O_O

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 276 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast