+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

WAT Update (KB971033) Disables Windows 7 Activation Cracks with Dynamic Signature

http://i48.tinypic.com/1qnzpz.jpg

Source:
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/0...mic-signature/

Just a heads-up to those that used loaders/etc. to activate. Even though its a completely optional update. You'd be surprised how many people are asking me why they are being asked that their copy is now invalid (Research the KB descriptions before installing next time derp).

Also to note, doesn't affect certain loaders/along with any SLIC BIOS mods (Better safe than sorry not to install it though).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

glad i picked up my copy for extra cheap

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hmm.. I installed this on the 23rd and used a loader.. still says it's genuine.

I've rebooted a few times since then, should I have been told it's not genuine by now or am I safe?

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Thanks for this, Pikarya, I actually noticed this update last night (which was also only present on my PC that used a loader) and wondered what the specifics were. Is daz being detected?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ill never understand people who have the know-how to get an illegitimate copy working, but still leave Windows Update on.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Ill never understand people who have the know-how to get an illegitimate copy working, but still leave Windows Update on.
    Windows Update is fine with a pirate copy . Just installing updates meant to counter-act them is not.

@Tymon, you should be okay. The only loaders so far affected seem to be the lower-end ones. Out of paranoia, if I was in your position I would reformat etc. But that is just me aha.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I still don't get why people pirated it. For MONTHS (via HardOCP's message board) there was a MSDN Academic Alliance link that would give you four copies (keys) for only $20. If you're a student, your schools will sell it extremely cheap as well. I believe my university said they were selling Win7 Ultimate for $39 a copy (read it while checking out months ago. I know it was less than fifty.)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Unfortunately/fortunately there are no common sense guides that come with the guides to install a pirated copy that any idiot can follow.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I know too much about this stuff to be paranoid about it, and the articles I read says that it activates over time by a timed online signature

I guess it hadn't signed yet so I uninstalled it, no worries

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

OEM copies don't use a serial number so they can't be invalidated. :D

gonna save some hot babes and punch radiation in the mouth.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

Anyone know where a non-student can score Win7 cheaply or free? My netbook has the RC version of Win7 which is going to expire in a few days :T

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Umm, I'll PM you if you're interested in topics related to the OP. lol

edit: oh like it fucking matters. Taken from Pikarya, google daz loader mydigitallife and use that.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...s-7-Repository

Literally everything you need, pick your poison.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

Will take a look when I get home. But thanks for the clues/links :]

ulation. AKA: The Pickle!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I found out about this update a day after it came out. Right now the update is set to optional which is nice for all the pirated users. By the end of the month I was told it's supposed to be an "Important" update. Right click and hide my friends.... right click and hide....

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    I still don't get why people pirated it. For MONTHS (via HardOCP's message board) there was a MSDN Academic Alliance link that would give you four copies (keys) for only $20. If you're a student, your schools will sell it extremely cheap as well. I believe my university said they were selling Win7 Ultimate for $39 a copy (read it while checking out months ago. I know it was less than fifty.)
    It ended up being 8 copies before MS made ACM pull it off their download list, and it is still no longer on their list now 6 months later.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I got hit with this with my BIE Pre-activated windows 7 and I used Dan's Loader which made me gneuine again!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...s-7-Repository

Literally everything you need, pick your poison.
    There is two programs not listed in that guide that will actually remove the activation process so you don't have to go through the bs.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/wp-con.../RemoveWAT.jpg
    RemoveWat by Hazar
    http://slics.myftp.org/Tools/Hazar/RemoveWAT22.zip
    Guide: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...ation-solution.

http://i.imagehost.org/0059/CW-0_9.jpg
    Chew-WGA (ChewWat)
    http://chew.tk/
    Guide: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...ation-Endeavor

Article on them;

Spoiler: show
    RemoveWAT or Chew-WGA “Bypass Activate” Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Forever (Loader Alternative to Remove & Disable Activation Technologies)

Despite already has perfect and reliable Windows 7 activation crack based on royalty-OEM mechanism, hackers have managed to come out with a new activation crack method as an alternative to BIOS loader and OEM BIOS mod, which effectively bypass the activation requirement of the installed Windows 7 system, by removing and disabling Windows Activation Technologies (WAT).

The hack works to “activate” Windows 7 by bypassing activation altogether, and thus does not require any product key. Previously in Windows Vista, the attempt to permenantly bypass Windows Vista activation by stopping activation grace period countdown timer has been unsuccessful and foiled by Microsoft with anti-crack update.

In Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, hackers attempt to block access of Windows Activation Technologies, comprising of SPP (Software Protection Platform) and SLC (Software Licensing Client), which manages and handles licensing and activation matters on the operating system to the core components or files which are required for its operation. By blocking, preventing, removing and disabling access to or loading of the activation and licensing related system files, SLUI will fail to start, causing activation been circumvented and Windows does not need to be activated anymore, for forever and permanently.

For example, the commands that been used to restrict access to Windows Activation Technologies (WAT) system files are:

Code:
    takeown /F %WINDIR%\System32\sppcomapi.dll
    icacls %WINDIR%\System32\sppcomapi.dll /deny *S-1-1-0:F
    Where sppcomapi.dll is the library which controls most of the SPP functions, so nullifying this DLL disables all activation and licensing related functions. And as the activation functionality is disabled completely, the activation grace period (for free evaluation) does not matter anymore, although it may still continue to counting down to 0 days.

The crack is possible probably due to leniency allowed on the part of Microsoft on activation mechanism to avoid getting too many false-positive or complaint on activation error. However, by disabling and turning off the activation component of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, after the free trial evaluation activation free period of 30 days is expired, nag screen to notify and remind user to run genuine Windows and activate Windows 7 may appear from balloon tip at notification system tray, or when launching to run NotePad, WordPad, Calculator or even when opening Control Panel. Besides, there may be desktop watermark of this copy of Windows is not genuine appearing at four corners of the screen, and system cannot pass WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) validation which requires prior to install non-critical updates from Windows Update and some certain programs in Windows 7, such as Microsoft Security Essentials.

Thus, various hackers have came up with tools or utilities which deals with all “side-effects” that follow after activation scheme in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 is disabled and removed, so that Windows OS will continue to operate as it should (no automatic log off or shutdown), no nagging pop-up messages, no use genuine Windows or activate Windows now notification dialog box, and most importantly, pass WGA validation and permanently no product key required to activate the system.

Currently, two leading Windows 7 non-loader crack is RemoveWAT and Chew-WGA. Both tools initially start with different approach, but have since used rather similar crack method, as bugs are discovered and fixed. Another crack tool, Win7X Genuine Updates (Win7XGU) does not fully automate the process by requiring users to perform several steps to get genuine status, further signifies how difficult for hackers to tamper with Windows licensing system.

RemoveWAT

http://www.mydigitallife.info/wp-con.../RemoveWAT.jpg

RemoveWAT, developed by Hazar and nononsence is a Windows 7 crack that completely removes Windows Activation Technologies from the system so that users can validate the illegal pirated copies of Windows 7 as genuine status (some reported as “Tampered Binary” in MGADiag due to patching), forever and permanently. RemoveWAT supports both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) and all editions of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

RemoveWAT, which has been refreshed to RemoveWAT v1.9, also stops sppsvc service and patches DLL files such as slwga.dll, sppcomapi.dll and systemcpl.dll, where the last one removes the whole Windows activation section from the Control Panel’s System Properties. RemoveWAT also support silent install with /s switch, and can be integrated to Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 installation DVD.

Chew-WGA

http://i.imagehost.org/0059/CW-0_9.jpg

Chew-WGA is a similar Windows 7 crack which is designed to test the security resistance of various software protections built into Windows 6.1.x operating systems. It works by restraining certain components of the software protection platform. Other than restricting access to sppcomapi.dll file, Chew-WGA also patches many SPP related files.

Chew-WGA, which currently updated to Chew-WGA v0.9, will make the system to return activated status, and Windows is activated message is displayed in Control Panel’s System Properties.

As crack based on removal of activation component involves patching, changes and modification to many system files, it’s likely to be easily detected and nullified by Microsoft, especially in next WGA update or Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. In fact, Software Protection Platform (SPP) has been effectively to counter unauthorized edit of system files, which may result in features or functionality of Windows been deactivated, reduced, disabled or removed, causing various error message when user wants to perform certain action. Thus, the cracks should never be executed on a system intended for continual use, and should only be used to extend the evaluation period to avoid reinstallation. In fact, to use Windows operating system any longer than 30 days, users should purchase a license.

Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purpose only.
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/1...-technologies/

Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    Because people paid for Vista and wants a OS that isn't a total pile of shit without handing Microsoft even more money?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

Just finished the installation and "activation" :D Wooooo! Manly thankies.