Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'm starting my saving now, but come black friday time, will this thread be devoted to all the great internet deals, or will there be a new one made? I'm hoping to build a new pc at that time and I'm hoping bg can help me find all the best deals to do so.

Last year, black friday had its own thread.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

There's a lot of non-computer stuff in the Black Friday threads, I'll try to put them here as well, since this is devoted strictly to computers etc.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Hitachi Deskstar 2TB 7,200 RPM internal hard drive for $99.99 (after $10 mail in rebate) at microcenter this week.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...BYOPC+20100903

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Those headphones look gimmicky and cheap anyway. Good stereo cans + good soundcard gives better surround emulation than all those various "7.1" "gaming" headphones.
    I hate to put my cock in your mouth on this one but those headphones are superb and at that price they're the best you can get sub $100 mark. The 7.1 is emulated very well and they sound just as good as a 7.1 system if not better because you don't get annoying background noise from whatever, also feel pretty solid. Quite comfortable with glasses as well.

Resident furfag
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    I hate to put my cock in your mouth on this one but those headphones are superb and at that price they're the best you can get sub $100 mark. The 7.1 is emulated very well and they sound just as good as a 7.1 system if not better because you don't get annoying background noise from whatever, also feel pretty solid. Quite comfortable with glasses as well.
    Sorry, but no. Kerberoz is right.

Granted, I'd pick the G35's up over some other brand of crap for $65, but they aren't better than a real set of cans and sound card.

Probably the best deal out there on a i7-930 CPU, works in your favor if you have a Micro Center near you because this is for in store only. Never mind that it says out of stock, its because the site don't know what they have in stock at the store. I just picked one up today for $199 and they still had 8+ sitting behind the glass.
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0331303

Shell Shocker deal up on Newegg tonight for WD SiliconEdge Blue SSC-D0128SC-2100 2.5" 128GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - OEM at about $200 when it's normally $330.

-Sold Out.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Tax sucks though

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Only makes it 561, still a great deal!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I want a portable HDD to store all my music and shit, and basically when i have to wipe my computer.. i can move stuff to it. I don't want any less than 1TB, is Western Digital and Seagates shit any good?

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

I like Western Digital over Seagate but it is down to personal preference from previous experiences, both are good well known brands though.

Resident furfag
    BG Level

Love Samsung's F3 1TB drive, and it's cheap. Oh, and it's faster than most of what WD and Seagate offer.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by mootsfox View Post
    Love Samsung's F3 1TB drive, and it's cheap. Oh, and it's faster than most of what WD and Seagate offer.
    Well, for an external drive that'd likely be on USB 2.0...probably not a huge factor. Newegg barely has any Samsung externals either.

I tend to buy WD lately, since Seagate was known to have some issues with 1TB+ drives at one point. Haven't personally had many problems with either. Not compared to IBM Deathstars.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

TigerDirect has OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular Power Supply for $30 after after $20 MIR and using coupon code "TYD6499" with free shipping.

Link: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...KsLrq0MLxfm_mA

Is Tiger Direct any good for computer deals?

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is Tiger Direct any good for computer deals?
    Yes, it's like newegg minus a clean looking site.

There's a tiger direct outlet store right near me so I'll probably go there. Is it better than Newegg?

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    There's a tiger direct outlet store right near me so I'll probably go there. Is it better than Newegg?
    imo, no. I believe tiger direct offers more discounts to buying in bulk, and larger companies. Newegg is a 100% safe bet, great customer service and super fast shipping. I'm not saying tiger direct is bad though, it just isn't on par with newegg,( imo)

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

On par, dunno. Would I purchase something from them if it's cheaper than newegg? Hell yes. It all comes down to price, Tiger Direct is reliable, but imo I'd do Amazon > Newegg > Tiger Direct in that order. Amazon has never failed me, and you can't beat free prime shipping, and no tax (newegg and amazon). Tiger direct charges tax on: orders that are shipped to addresses in Illinois, Florida, North Carolina, Texas (State tax. Local taxes not collected.), Georgia, South Dakota and Idaho are subject to state sales tax.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast