Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 431 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Form Magian Weapons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Just to be sure, but the SMN staff - final form of Dark: perp. cost-4 - would grand free Fenrir with AF+1 feet, Nashira hands and Avatar's Favor, wouldn't it?
    Sounds like something worth getting for those who can't afford Nirvana...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Is that really gonna replace HQ staves though?

I assume it's not a hidden effect like it is on elemental staves, and the "Magic Damage +3" thing is the stat that's increasing damage by 20%, which means that this only has 1/30th the effect on magic accuracy a HQ staff does.
    Well, it's not just Magic Accuracy +1. It's Lightning Affinity: Magic Accuracy +1. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it means something different from normal Magic Accuracy.

My idea at the moment is that +1 = NQ Staff, +2 = HQ Staff, +3 = HQ2 Staff. So +3 Damage +1 Acc probably has +20% staff boost with the MAcc of a NQ staff. Similarly, +3 Acc, +1 damage probably has the damage boost of a NQ staff with more MAcc than an HQ staff. Earth Acc Teiwaz, any BRDs or RDMs want?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow. took us this long to consider these staves to beat HQ staves? If these #'s are real, i am excited. The smn stave for free fenrir would be nice as well.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Too bad you can't get more than 1 without running into macro issues amirite?

This is the second source I've had claiming 20% bonus on the damage+3 staff, seems legit. MACC one seems kinda useful for BRD and RDM, damage one won't change much since it's epeen only.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If someone finds a way to macro with 8 Teiwaz's This would be ridiculously awesome.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Actually, I was just out testing my Pre-cure staff to see what exactly Light-affinity +1 means...

And I found it has the exact same properties as a Light staff (NQ). When tested against an actual Light staff, it did the same damage on Banishes, and also has the same -2 Perp cost that a Light staff has. So my guess would be that the 5th form staves are NQs and the 6th form are HQ2's (as someone has stated above).

Now, to pick up ma Cure staff! Woop woop~!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Honestly, SE's hints about synergizing a prism staff..... I'm hoping it isn't a two stage synthesis involving 16 Teiwazs for a huge HQ2 Prism staff.

Edit: Including the other hidden effects that they split out here, you could be looking at up to 32 different staves synergized together in a multi-level synthesis for one HQ Prism Staff <__<

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Actually, I was just out testing my Pre-cure staff to see what exactly Light-affinity +1 means...

And I found it has the exact same properties as a Light staff (NQ). When tested against an actual Light staff, it did the same damage on Banishes, and also has the same -2 Perp cost that a Light staff has.
    Can someone confirm if the final upgraded Magic DMG+3 gives -4 perp then...?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I find that doubtful because the staff Aemora is talking about only has Light Affinity: +1; it doesn't split up MACC/DMG like the other Teiwaz do. (But I guess you could test it to be sure, but I'd be really really surprised)

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kegsay View Post
    Can someone confirm if the final upgraded Magic DMG+3 gives -4 perp then...?
    Given that there's a separate staff with -4 perp on it and nothing else, I doubt any of the other staffs have this.

It seems like the precursor staff has all 3 functions of an NQ elemental staff (macc, damage, perp) and then you can take one of 3 paths to boost a single one of those 3 elements to 1 higher than an HQ.

It's nicely symmetrical that way.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I thought as much, worth a try though.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aemora View Post

And I found it has the exact same properties as a Light staff (NQ). When tested against an actual Light staff, it did the same damage on Banishes, and also has the same -2 Perp cost that a Light staff has. So my guess would be that the 5th form staves are NQs and the 6th form are HQ2's (as someone has stated above).
    Wonder if the Light Affinity Teiwaz gets additional bonuses on Lightsday/Lights weather, such as addition -perp cost or korin obi type effects.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

So the question is how are we going to macro these? SE hasn't really thought this through.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    So the question is how are we going to macro these? SE hasn't really thought this through.
    or they want to see how we function without the ability to macro swap, forcing us to manually change or gear or live in a world where we have to choose our equipment for the duration of the battle.

i.e. we beg the windower team to figure out how to equip swap via item ID in some way.

Quizno

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa View Post
    live in a world where we have to choose our equipment for the duration of the battle.
    This is the correct answer most likely.

Just another example of how magians is pretty much a beta for how xiv will function. They are forcing you to choose an elemental specialty.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

That's fine if elemental nukes were all even and didn't have recasts but ultimately this game relies on people swapping gear. This is really something that I guess the windower programmers hopefully will be able figure out. Either way I think we should start spamming SE requesting them to make each one Fire Teiwaz, Ice Teiwaz, Dark Teiwaz, etc. that wouldn't really be all that much work.

Also I'm sort of wondering if affinity +1, +3 = 10%, 20% respectively then the question is whether it's worth getting both high acc staves and high damage staves for different situations. Unless they out right destroy HQ elemental staves in most situations it's hard to justify going after them all.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    this game relies on people swapping gear
    One of the crappiest things about this game. I wonder what the world would be like if you had a 30-second cool-down on all actions when any gear other than ammunition was changed. I imagine a little more interesting.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    One of the crappiest things about this game.
    Because there totally wasn't enough discussion about this in the FFXIV alpha thread.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Even smaller test I know, but it appears they are not like Sea weapons, and DA does not stack.
    Perhaps DA rate and OAT rate are additive instead of purely multiplicative? I see people assuming the rates add but it hasn't been shown yet (not for your sample anyway).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CDF View Post
    Perhaps DA rate and OAT rate are additive instead of purely multiplicative? I see people assuming the rates add but it hasn't been shown yet (not for your sample anyway).
    what do you mean? if you don't get tripple attacks, it means that DA and OAT exclude each other, so with say 15% DA and 40% OAT the actual double attack rate is

0.85*0.4+0.15=0.6*0.15+0.4=0.49 ( does not depend of which one is checked first between oat and da).

if you get tripple attacks, the chance of tripple attacks is

0.4*0.15

and the chance of DA is

0.85*0.4+0.15*0.6=0.6*0.15+0.4*0.85 ( does not depend on the order of checks)