Ghanima Atreides
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Dark Iron

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    I second the Owl and Thistle, although its an Irish pub not English. If you can go on a night when, I believe its the owners band is playing, its really fun. They play a bunch of Irish folk songs and all the regulars at the bar know the words and sing along.

I've only been able to catch his band there twice I think after about 10 or so visits in the last year, but both times were some of the most fun i've had in a bar.
    I had to take a guess on the Irish vs English since I hadn't been there in a while and there's that new Paddy Coynes Irish Pub chain around now too, starting to get easily confused.

$28 bucks for just riding the elevator to the top of the Space Needle is retarded, I had no idea it was that expensive now.

A cheap way into downtown is to park your car around the Seattle Center and take the monorail into downtown, yeah the monorail is kind of crappy but parking downtown is either expensive or not that great.

T-town (Tacoma) smells a little funny imo, and I'm always stretching when I think of something to do there, the downtown area is ok but the city in general is not as cool as Seattle. The glass museum is nice but it's only worth the price of admission if they are doing some actual firing that day and you can watch.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Holla at weed and get your fill of Kiro.
    also bamf, dont think I've seen this yet in this thread.

http://www.redmillburgers.com

OH! Btw... GPS sucks in downtown and on the viaduct. can never get a clear signal. becareful

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by saracrow View Post
    OH! Btw... GPS sucks in downtown and on the viaduct. can never get a clear signal. becareful
    So you would say it causes you to go the wrong way?

lol @ Howie & Miz.

Fuck the tourist trap shit, unless you want to do that crap. Overpriced food, long lines, expensive tickets. Fail.

I'll plan your shit out real well for you, right now.

Morning: Wake up and go to Pike Place Market for breakfast. Walk through the farmer's market and sample/buy some of the freshest produce on the West Coast (no lie srsly). Getting there early promises to reduce to lameness of dealing with crowds. You can easily spend all day here, so keep an eye on the time.

Wander over to Seattle Center and check out the Pacific Science Center or just wander around and check out the singing fountain. Just don't eat there. Tourist trap area fo'reals, lol. Experience Music Project (music museum) is at Seattle Center. You can ride the elevator up to the top of the Space Needle. Pacific Science Center has a weird sphere-shaped iMax theatre too.

Wander down 1st Avenue to Pioneer Square (this is where Seattle first started, so it's got really old buildings and a cool park with a totem pole). There are homeless people around, but they're relatively sane homeless people. Only the crackheads come out at night. :3

There's a "Underground Seattle" tour on 1st & Cherry that shows you the old Seattle that burnt down way back when that we built over, it's pretty cool I guess.

Lunchtime : Tons of amazing restaurants and bars in Pioneer Square. Fado Irish Pub on 1st & Columbia. Collin's Pub on 2nd & Yesler. Owl & Thistle 808 Post Avenue (Same building as Fado, but it's under the viaduct. This is the poster child for "hole in the wall" pub, but goddamn do they have amazing food. Except the shepherd's pie. Shitsux.)

There's also Mae Phim Thai (1st & Columbia), hands down best Thai food in Seattle and it's cheap as fuck. Long long lines if you go during lunch hour for business people nearby. Worth the wait though.

You can head a bit further south and go to the International District for some real asian food if you're brave enough to try some real stuff.

Afternoon/Evening : Again, tons of amazing bars and restaurants in Downtown Seattle. Copper Cart Cafe, Twilight, etc etc. Can look this shit up and find the one you like the most. Lots of live music happening in downtown, so that won't be hard to find. Cruise up and down Lake Union and find a real nice seafood place to eat at too. Can go to Capitol Hill, Queen Anne & Fremont for some local onry joints. (http://www.redmillburgers.com/ = Best burgers in Seattle. Hands fucking down.)

There's a zoo up north in Lower Woodland Park, there's an Aquarium down on the waterfront in Downtown Seattle. You can take a ferry ride just for the hell of it at night when the city is all lit up, gotta pay when leaving Seattle, but heading back is free. Would be 1h30m total probably.

Uh.. I can't think of anything else honestly. You've got a car so explore the area, plenty of things to do in Seattle. This is all off the top of my head, so good luck!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Holla at Kiro and get your fill of weed.
    http://www.kirotv.com/index.html

SWEET! lived in the area for 22+yrs, never knew you could get your weed from a local tv station here in Seattle! lol.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

fuk u kiro

fuck you genjo

2k for handjobs is a deal yo
    BG Level

I like to fuck bitches and get money while in Seatle

Old Merits
    BG Level

Damn, Kiro pretty much owned the thread, awesome layout :D.

I'll solidify the Pikes Place Market scenario there, easily one of my fav places when in Seattle can spend HOURS just browsing through the shops. Also, like people have said the music scene is pretty amazing there (I'm big into Grunge/Metal/Punk) and most of it is pretty good so you can check out some clubs there. A club I like the most I think would be Studio 7, always has good Metal bands there.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

An alternative to the Space Needle is the Smith Tower, which is near the weird triangle/disappearing parking garage, and the exit of the Underground Tour. You get something silly like $1 off if you do the Underground Tour... It is cheaper than the Space Needle, and on a clear day you can see the Olympic Mountain Range and the Cascade Mountain range from the top.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

lots of excellent craft beer that's more or less only available in the northwest. i live in the northeast, so i don't know any specific bars or brewpubs (though i could find breweries). posting so someone who lives around there and likes craft beer might feel compelled to shed light on this kind of thing if you're interested.

Update on Trip

Got to the airport early Friday, got sweetass Kia Forte rent a car. Got to our hotel up on aurora but was too early to check in, so we got some brochures and headed downtown. Parked in a lot by the aquarium on the water, walked around all the piers, up to pikes market, and around downtown, up to the space needle and back. Finally got a hold of a friend and met her for dinner at the crab pot on the pier, had some ok seafood, tourist trap for sure but not bad. Walked 13 miles total friday according to the stepcounter. Back to the hotel for much needed rest.

Woke up Saturday morning and went to beth's cafe, had the 6egg omelet, freaken amazing. Had some time to waste before meeting friends so we drove up to edmunds, played on the scuba beach, watch them pull a dude from the water, got messed up diving i guess. Went back down by UW to friends appartment, walked around campus for a bit and then went up to his rooftop and bullshitted for a few hours, was a good afternoon.

Tomorrow(Sunday) Need a plan for something fun to do. My friend has cancer, and cannot ride in a car for more then an hour before he gets super uncomfortable, but will be fine after getting out for a while. Kinda want to get him out of town for an afternoon to do something fun. Need ideas. Was thinking maybe a national park, but in case he gets really feeling bad we need to be able to get him home pretty quick so ferrys are out i think. Just need something fun to do for a short trip out of town and getting some fresh air.

Thanks

Also, redmill burgers tonite I think, looks good, thanks for tip

For your friend you can go to:

http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/p...ail.asp?id=243 - Golden Gardens (when the tide is out you'll find some pretty cool sea creatures in the rocks/sand)

http://www.cityofseattle.net/Parks/E...nt/Carkeek.htm - Carkeek Park (up north, close to Aurora Ave though)

http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=293 - Gasworks Park (real close to downtown, right on the water on the Wallingford side)

Riding the ferry would be ideal to get to the national parks, but since that's out there's really only one side of Washington you can really enjoy without driving all the way down and then up and around the puget sound, lol.

Could try Lake Sammamish too, that's east of Seattle. Really nice place to BBQ, rent a jetski or a boat and just cruise on the water, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Meyor View Post
    Woke up Saturday morning and went to beth's cafe, had the 6egg omelet, freaken amazing.
    Should have had the 12! I recommend the heart attack.

12 egg one isn't that bad, lol. If you just get it w/ cheese and not their other crazy ass combos you can down it easy.

Ok, my buddy was feeling really bad today so we had another day on our own. Kiro your the shit for all the tips, I really appreciate it.

So... I did in fact eat an entire 12 egg omelet this morning, the wife had a few bites but i ate pretty much the whole thing, couldnt finish all the hash browns, but ate the whole omelet, i felt pregnant afterwords. Went to the zoo and hung out in Ballard, my wife wants to open a cupcake shop so we went to royal cupcakes, they arent even very good, wtf... 3 bucks a cupcake... fuckin serious?

Went to golden garden park to relax for a while, and shopped up at northgate mall. Seattle is a pretty nice town I gotta say, I dont usually ever think of moving to a place but its not bad up here. I would never fuckin move here but its not bad.

Had dinner at Rays Boathouse, food wasnt very hot and my duck was way overcooked, but was ok overall. Had a 3 course meal for 30bucks a person, funny that our bottle of wine was more then our meals... and it was cheap, cheap wine too lol, but thats what you get when you go out.

One more day in Seattle, then flying home early early early tuesday.

Thanks again for all the tips on things to see and do, you guys rule.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

You have to eat here before you leave:

http://www.ipanemabraziliangrill.us/

It's all you can eat and the selection of meats is amazing. Just remember don't fill up at the bar and try a sample of everything the first time around. The lamb there is to die for.

Man, Northgate Mall is balls. Shoulda' gone further north to Lynnwood and gone to Alderwood Mall. It's like a fucking city.

If you guys still have time there's a chocolate factory in Ballard called Theo. Went there yesterday with my Mom and my brother, some of the craziest chocolate flavors I've ever had. They make EVERYTHING there from scratch. Their truffles are $2 a pop but holyfuck are they worth it, lmfao. If you end up going check out the Chai Tea chocolate, it tastes like.. chocolate gingerbread. @_@dfsfdjosdsofijf so good.

http://www.theochocolate.com/