Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

im too lazy to see if it was said, but can you give a run down on the buffs and debuffs you had on tojil for that? maybe equipment? i think thats really cool and would like to know lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bukadan View Post
    im too lazy to see if it was said, but can you give a run down on the buffs and debuffs you had on tojil for that? maybe equipment? i think thats really cool and would like to know lol
    my guess is geo-malaise (Mdef down) and indi-acumen (Mab up), those 2 alone will prolly double the WS dmg. prolly cor MAB up buff too. and you can get prolly around 80 MAB in gear for BST (or more i just eyeballed).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

GEO (me) Bolster + Geo-Malaise (Mdef down), Entrust Indi-Acumen (onto the BST) and Indi Mag. Eva. Down debuff (forgot name)
    RUN (Eightball) x3 Tellus + Gambit

That's pretty much it. We had a BRD but I don't think he used Threnody, and we did not have a COR in the party.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I assuming killer instinct as well? An extra 10% can't hurt. Same for sch with storming

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I assuming killer instinct as well? An extra 10% can't hurt. Same for sch with storming
    Killer Instinct yes. No SCH in the party though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol abyssea I know but thought this was funny considering I haven't geared it since soa came out. Probably should've went after a Qutrub

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sadly the boosted leaden salute to be even stronger not even counting cor tricks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Did this tonight for fun. We went with 2 GEOs on this. Me and Jongalt. Jon used Geo-STR, and entrusted Indi-MND onto Malthar. I popped Bolster, entrusted Indi-Acumen on Malthar and a Mag. Def. Down bubble on Tojil. Kingmancat was BRD and used Threnody. Though seriously, the SMN kept fucking up the skillchains along with that "other" MNK, with the 3 digit Victory Smite dmg in the screenshot. This was the only GOOD skillchain we got off tonight.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps82ff0c28.png

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Damn times have changed since I last played. Whatever happened to 900 sa+ta shark bites and shit?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

99k skillchains are commonplace now on targets that don't take additional damage, that was a double damage taking monster.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    . Though seriously, the SMN kept fucking up the skillchains along with that "other" MNK, with the 3 digit Victory Smite dmg in the screenshot. This was the only GOOD skillchain we got off tonight.
    Uggg hate that. I can't seem to convince anyone to let me skillchain on thf. So have these mediocre sams spamming 2-4k fudos over and over for crappy light dmg and I'm like hey at least do darkness once so I can do a 40k skillchain. Heck I have hard enough time convincing people to stand close enough to the mob to let me TA and not put the mobs butt in a wall so I can SA

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Uggg hate that. I can't seem to convince anyone to let me skillchain on thf. So have these mediocre sams spamming 2-4k fudos over and over for crappy light dmg and I'm like hey at least do darkness once so I can do a 40k skillchain. Heck I have hard enough time convincing people to stand close enough to the mob to let me TA and not put the mobs butt in a wall so I can SA
    Bitches please, coming from a true oldschool OG you dont know the struggle of trying to have people time their skillchains to go along with your Ancient Magic one spell in the secret room of crawlers nest.

I kid, I miss this game, I just fear I'm too far behind to get anything accomplished. I last quit in Abyssea

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oddly enough I found it much easier to do that back in the day. Everyone seemed to do it. Maybe because tp gain wasn't what it is now and skillchaining/mb wasn't a huge loss in dps.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

abbysea ruined the game for a long time. i was lucky to have not been playing during that time, i quit before the the addons were announced, the first ones

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bukadan View Post
    abbysea ruined the game for a long time. i was lucky to have not been playing during that time, i quit before the the addons were announced, the first ones
    thats crap, what ruined the game was/is broken core mechanics not doing what their supposed to do and some items doing too much what they are supposed to do. abyssea was refreshing for that time. SoA would have been the perfect oppurtunity to fix those things but the devs droped the ball.

They introduced a new tank job without fixing the enmity issue at all. They introduced a new nuker buff job without fixing the nukers or give huge bonuses to MB etc list goes on

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'll give you that, but that's when all of these problems really came to light, Combined with player ability becoming soft due to the types of battle content.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly if I was going to point to a time period I'd say aht urghan. That's when tp gain rate and ws dmg started to become more commonly higher to the point holding tp was detrimental. Combine with lots of camps with low def mobs instead of fighting crabs and MBing became a bad idea

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That and Colibri would mime nukes back at you. People talk about how bad nukers have it now but it was way, way worse between Aht-Urgan and basically Adoulin outside of procs for Abyssea and VW.

ToAU was revenge for all years of manaburning everything because physical DPS required so much more in gear and buffs to perform compared to a BLM with elemental staves.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Special thanks to malothar for helping me push my dmg a bit more... now just gotta find a sch, brd, cor and/or a RUN (not to mention finish my ws set) to hit the display cap