Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Juravial

Good Camps for Magian Weapons

So, as I sit, staring with drool hanging lopsided from my mouth, I am only one trial away from getting my -5% physical damage taken sword from the Magians Trial.

I figure I will at least document my progression and what I thought to be good camps for the trials.

For trial 164, leeches under any weather condition, I went out to Caedarva mire and either circled the lake at I-10 (map 1) or there are a few spawns at the bottom left hand corner of F-10 on map 1. This went pretty fast for me because there were other people here to team up with and frequent weather, so we just killed fast.

For Trial 190, 100 beetles under earth, ice, water, or dark weather conditions, I mistakenly went to the Crawlers' nest. There are 7 beetles there, in the far room on the south basement. I stayed down there a few days, because of the long respawn time (~15 minutes) and the small number of beetles (7). Water weather was infrequent, with me getting about 24 kills in 3 hours. I suggest looking at quicksand caves, there could be easier possibilities there.

For trial 197, 100 monsters that rate during earthsday or earthweather, I just happened to be in Meriphataud Mountains (S) for a campaign and noticed it was earth weather. So, I set out, killing everything that was easy prey, and most of it was. I killed some goblins, some saplings, a few tabar beaks, a few raptors, and then I found this awesome little spot where 7 scorpions spawn in a small canyon with 5 minute respawns.

This brings me to trial 198, 100 vermin during earthsday or earth weather. The scorpions were easy prey to 75, and if you notice in meri mountains (s) at F-9, there are these little ridge-lines that make a small box. Its really a canyon, accessible through where F-9 meets E-9 on that same map. Just follow the canyon around, and you will hit 7 scorpions. There was frequent earth weather in meri (s), and on earthsday I racked up 35 vermin kills.

(side note for drgs who have to kill scorps, it was hardly ever fire weather, I saw it only once for about 5 minutes, so this may not be a place you want to go to get fire weather scorpion kills)

Trial 199, 150 undead kills, I easily duo'd in Eldieme Necropolis. To get there, go to map 1, and fall down at G-8 (right in the center of the map). You will need a person at the switches to get to G-8. Once you fall down, you will be in L-10 of the second map. At M-10 and M-11 of the second map, there are 4 easy prey shades (very very easy shades, 2 in each room) to start with. Then, move on to the easy prey bones at the top of N-9, and the slightly harder shades and ghosts in the little circle at n-9/O-9. If you clear them out before the others respawn, head up to the bottom/middle of N-8 for a few more skeletons.

They have 15 minute respawn timers. Join up with coffer key hunters to make their and your lives easier. Earth weather is very frequent in Eldieme Necropolis. I did 150 kills faster than at any other place.

Finally, Trial 200, which is 200 sabotenders on earthsday or under earth weather. So far, i have only spent one earthsday in kuftal tunnel killing sabotender sediendos on E-9/E-10 of the 1st map as rdm/bst and thf/bst (I dual-box 2 chars), and there are a lot of them in one place but they have a 15 minute respawn timer (which sucks).

Tonight I'm thinking about trying out Quicksand caves and spleunking sabotenders until earthsday, but there are only 11 of them and I think that they are 6 in one place, 5 in another (but not sure). More information to come after I've suffered a few hours in that place.

Hope this helps anybody going for the Hauteclaire-esque sword from trial of the magians!

~Tatjiana

Juravial

So, I finally did finish the PDT sword today. Just wait until earthsday and go to kuftal tunnel, you can usually get about 50-60 sabotender sediendo kills per day there.

Now to start on the two daggers...