BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitron Macaron     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My gut feeling is on the rusks working like Artisan's Advantage, but I'm far too lazy to test something that's only useful for breaksynthing (which I had my fill of finishing WW).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have 11 coconut rusks in inventory, piles of arrowheads, bolt heads, fletchings and various mats, and sandy has control.

Time to commence, operation Coconut Rusk :D

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...FUnBNNGc&hl=en

Im going to keep all of these test up and public for you guys to see as I do them. Feel free to post anything you guys find on these foods.

Wish me luck :D

Edit: Despite the small sample size, it already is looking like Im right, much more right than I expected.

I only had time tonight for a sample of 30 with and without food, and found a ridiculous over doubled HQ rate with coconut rusks on.

I swear to god this is not fake or spoofed for some economy over the rusks, I literally had an entire 4 more stacks of blind bolts from the batch made with food vs the batch without food.

Now that is some definite numbers right there, none of this increase of 0.5~0.7% hq rate cause I was facing west, 25%+ HQ rate ftw!

Looks like I know what I'm going to be eating while Im making my next batch of ele staves :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Make of this what you will.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ra/Kitron3.jpg
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ra/Kitron2.jpg
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ra/Kitron1.jpg

Note: Not one failure with a Macaron, 2 HQ1, 1 HQ2 ... 6 Failures without a Macaron, 4 HQ1's.

Granted it may not be conclusive proof, but it would seem to suggest that Macaron does indeed lower fail rates or dats one heck of a fluke~ All Iceday, facing East, 0% Moon.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...FUnBNNGc&hl=en

Im going to keep all of these test up and public for you guys to see as I do them. Feel free to post anything you guys find on these foods.

Wish me luck :D

Edit: Despite the small sample size, it already is looking like Im right, much more right than I expected.

I only had time tonight for a sample of 30 with and without food, and found a ridiculous over doubled HQ rate with coconut rusks on.

I swear to god this is not fake or spoofed for some economy over the rusks, I literally had an entire 4 more stacks of blind bolts from the batch made with food vs the batch without food.

Now that is some definite numbers right there, none of this increase of 0.5~0.7% hq rate cause I was facing west, 25%+ HQ rate ftw!

Looks like I know what I'm going to be eating while Im making my next batch of ele staves :D
    Your numbers don't make sense to me. You are T3 blind bolts and T2 scorp arrows. All it looks like is that you had shitty luck on the non food group.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You people don't believe Moon Phase affects fishing after years of proof, but are willing to accept some food affects your HQ rate? lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The difference between moon phase voodoo bullshit and these foods are pretty obvious. The foods descriptions actually mention crafting.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And the fact that the increase in HQ/success rates aren't "Oh man I did 1,000 synths and my success went up by 0.5%!" but instead "well I just did 300 synths and this food, which mentions crafting i nits description, and has no other noticeable food effect, and my HQ rate nearly doubled. Huh..."

I'm still leary about rusks = HQ rate, as Im not even over 100 in my sample size and my latest batch of scorpion arrowheads crushed my HQ rate on blind bolts, but even then my Hq rate is still a solid 10% increased.

I might have time to do another 25-30 synths tonight.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I feel like these foods just have pet effects and this is all just as inconclusive as most other crafting data.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    [url]

stuff

going to try a 100 batch with and without coconut rusk

manual results later.

Edit: Trying on coconut rusks: cooking 100+2 (not that it matters) since its a 85-86 requirement

start firesday: waning gibbous 76%

earthsday: 74%
    WITHOUT coconut rusks

normal: 87

hq1: 3

hq2: X

hq3: X

break: 5

start day??? moon ???

WITH coconut rusks- no data-

Firesday -> earthsday

normal: 94

hq1: 11

hq2: X

hq3: X

break: 4

going to keep adding #s here until i can work with something~

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The problem is that from your synths, you can't determine that the food is increasing HQs. You don't need to do a 'control' group with no food since we already have established rates for each tier that are accepted. Blind bolts are T3, which means you should expect ~50% HQ with or without food. If you look at your scorpion arrows, it makes it look like your hq rate has been cut by a third. This food might be doing something, it might not. The only thing we can say for sure is that 30 synths is not enough to tell us anything.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Should still do a control group. We know roughly what the expected results should be, but to see if there is a difference you need to know exactly what that value is. T3 could be 52 or 48% for all we know. Hell some people insist T1 is 10% when for me and several other people who have posted results in the end seems to be closer to 4-5%. That's why you ALWAYS see researchers doing control groups or trials even when they think they know what the expected value is, even if it's something with a very well documented and measured value, such as gravity.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also because of the whole dispute over days, moon phase and direction I am doing the control group to take out all those variables, both batches of tests are done under identical conditions, same day same moon phase same direction same level everything.

Therefore the ONLY manipulated variable is food.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On the Coconut Rusk front:

Cooking mule is level 92.

Crafting Coconut Rusk, otherwiki lists it as 85-86 cap. (To be clear, I am testing the Coconut Rusk for crafting effect and using it as the test synth as well).

No synth gear, no synth support, no artisan's advantage, no mogenhancement: cooking or moglification: cooking.

So Tier 0.

12 synths without food.

12 NQ, 0 HQ, 0 fail.

36 synths with food.

35 NQ, 1 HQ, 0 fail.

Nothing particularly remarkable here on the HQ front. Obviously with Tier 0, we're expecting in the 1% range, so the 1 HQ out of either 36 or 48 synths (depending how you look at it) isn't notable, since the next 150 synths might go by with no HQ, leaving us well in the 1% range.

The no fail % is interesting, since we would have expected 2-3 fails out of 48 total synths, however the small size of the sample makes it hard to get excited.

For those who care about the crafting voodoo:

Facing North
    In Mog House
    Fire Crystal Synth on Firesday
    New Moon (0%)

Obviously the crafting sample is small, I'm setting up for a run of 48 Errant Slops on Monday night, will post more after that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey Urat, while you are at it, you want to measure the exact number of HQ1 HQ2 and HQ3 as well?

That said, tried Macaron on skilling up.
    48 ice ores, no breaks while doing 81 to 82 gs with +5 skill and ring. Theoretical break rate should be around 5 to 10% according to the sticky (base 5% + 5% per level below cap). Good stuff though it doesn't say anything on rates.

@matt, I strongly believe in the below standard HQ rates:
    T3 = 2^-1 = 50%
    T2 = 2^-2 = 25%
    T1 = 2^-4 = 6.25% (Anecdotal, more people seems to get around this range than 12.5%)
    T0 = 2^-6 to 2^-5 = 1.5625% - 3.125% (A range here because there isn't a good very very large T0 sample size to fix a %)

Base 2 because of:
    1. Console optimizations
    2. SE is known for using base 2 on a lot of random number related stuff.
    But then this is not the first time this would have been posted anyway

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well at the moment, Im currently funneling my cash into this last level of WWing :D

So my study is currently on hiatus

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So fitting to level on a failure when the thread is talking about a food that can help with fail rates...

I've been working too much recently to test the desynth aspect, but i'm off friday saturday and sunday.. so i will post a whole slew of screenshots when i start playing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

80->83 goldsmithing, 79 ice ores. 0 breaks.

+5 skill
    Kitron's Macaron
    No HQ Ring

This is bloody good stuff.

On the side, 10/10 loss on breaks without Artisan's Advantage and 4/5 loss on breaks with it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok guys I got some cha chign and enough mats to make another good 60-70 synths, so I'll load those results on my page soon when I am able to sit down for the testing.