Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Seeking Forum: Addendum and Helpful Hints [Updated 2.15.11]

When creating a recruitment thread for your LS, remember that this will often be the first impression people have of both you and your linkshell. Make your post to-the-point, informative, and for gods' sake, proofread it! Be honest. Just as misrepresenting yourself as an applicant will get found out, telling people your LS bots three separate Limbus runs, kites Faust, AND takes down AV/PW on Tuesday nights, 8 PM sharp, will get called out quick.

When 'bumping' your thread, it helps to give an explanation, such as if you're looking for specific time zones, jobs, etc., rather than just a 'bump'.

AS FAR AS THE 10 POSTS TO INCLUDE URLs RESTRICTION: If you are not a regular BGer, and do not have the requisite post count to post the URL to your website, PM a mod or an admin and EXPLAIN THE SITUATION. Admins can (and will!) manually adjust your post count if you can make a complete sentence and be polite. If an admin is not around, get a hold of a mod, who can pass on the message.

Spamming your post count, regardless of the reason, will result your posts being removed, and a ban of at least three days. Depending on my angry-o-meter your post count maybe reset to zero as well.

You can also ask another forum regular to post the URL as an addendum post; lots of people here are actually nice and do nice things and don't stab. Or you can do things the old fashioned way and make ten actual contributing posts to the forums, but I won't hold my breath.

Drama: Congratulations, it happens, welcome to BG. However, we like to keep it to a minimum in the recruiting forum. There is a warning forum, and Advanced, if you think your accusations are severe enough (hint: they're not).

If someone has started stirring up drama in your recruitment thread: DO NOT RESPOND, REPORT THE OFFENDING POSTS. Mods will deal with it as soon as they can. If you decide to respond to the drama, we will assume that you wish the argument to be kept public, and it'll stay, until your thread has been shit upon so thoroughly that someone will pity-lock it and now there's no recruitment thread! Additionally, reporting posts AFTER getting your licks in make you look like a douchecock, and suddenly it's a battle between douchecocks, and then we nuke 'em all and let Sonomaa sort 'em out.

I'll add more to this post if I think of anything, but I just wanted to set this out based on some of the trends that have been occurring lately. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Shiny magic update!

Please use this forum if you need to organize events, look for jerks to scam into doing Dynamis for shitty AF2 help with trials, what have you. Please be sure to use the standard format of [Server Name] Thing You Wanna Do.