+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Distant Worlds 2011     submit to reddit submit to twitter

wtf, my work blocked the Distant Worlds website >.>

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    Question: Would the people going to Wolf Trap like to meet up for Dinner on Friday night or do King's Dominion Saturday?

Thinking of making this a Mini-BG meetup and what not.,
    i'll do whatevs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Me and some friends going to the Chicago one, we went to last year's one in december and it was amazing enough that I'm making the trip there again. It's going to be fun as hell. Sadly I bought Ravinia tickets the first day they were up and the closest row of seats open was already S, where I sat last time... =( But I think every seat is probably a pretty good seat XD

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't understand the desire to sit as close as possible. Symphonies are designed so that the sound fills the arena and I'm there to hear the music, not stare at the goofy musicians so I'm happy with wherever I can sit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ah but there are video screens to want to sit closer to, and for people who enjoy the craft of music rather than just the sound, being able to watch the musicians work is really nice. The small details are really what set apart a live show from a live recording.

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nice. Two in SF!

For anyone wanting the cd, I found a trick that you can do to download the songs right from their site.

When you're on the main page here, click on the song of your choice and it will take you to a new page where you can preview it.

On that page, click on view>page source

Scroll through the coding until you find a snippet that looks like this:

Code:
      stream : "http://popplers5.bandcamp.com/download/track?enc=mp3-128&id=747286240&stream=1",
        numtracks : 1,
        title : "Prelude (FINAL FANTASY SERIES)",
        artist : "Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY",
        linkback : "http://store.ffdistantworlds.com/track/prelude-final-fantasy-series",
        download_base : "http://popplers5.bandcamp.com/",
        enable_noflashdownload : true
    This is the coding for the player they have. If you copy the URL from the "stream" and copy and paste it into a new tab, a dialog box for download will pop up. I tested it and you can do it for every song, you just have to rename them since they'll just say 'track'.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Anyone else going to the San Diego one?

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

San Diego one is going to be tricky. My sis tells me it's the same week as Comic Con and although I stopped going to SDCC 3 years ago my sis offered to get my ticket for Saturday/it's still a massive clusterfuck. Not to mention the VGL concert is going to be in the Civic on the same weekend, but different day. Mutha fugga I can't afford all that shit.

Though if I had to pick, I'd go with Distant Worlds. I went to their More Friends in 2006? in Universal City walk and it was worth every damn penny.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the tip on the free music. I've been listening since yesterday. I'm really impressed with Melodies of Life... real nostalgia trip about FF9...

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Our records show that you had purchased tickets for the Sunday, August 1, concert “Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy”.

Ravinia Festival regrets that this concert will no longer be part of the 2010 season due to a venue scheduling conflict.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tythera View Post
    Yep, we're boned out of like $15 in ticketmaster or w/e charges because of this.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

I'm not surprised by that, but I also don't care too much, I'd just rather get to see the show

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

In for 2 in Houston. $107 well spent.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Minions View Post
    In for 2 in Houston. $107 well spent.
    FFFFFUUUUUUU-

Saw this in Dallas last year, figures they do Houston now...

I'll rage even harder if Nobuo actually shows up, all Dallas got was a video..

If I had the money I would definitely go again though!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Yep, we're boned out of like $15 in ticketmaster or w/e charges because of this.
    FUCK

How the fuck hard is it to plan a concert that's been scheduled for

oh

HALF A YEAR

Jesus christ, i hope they are able to reschedule it for around the same time... somewhere... although I doubt it's going to happen, I'm really hopeful. Going to chicago anyway this summer but...

/rage

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    FUCK

How the fuck hard is it to plan a concert that's been scheduled for

oh

HALF A YEAR

Jesus christ, i hope they are able to reschedule it for around the same time... somewhere... although I doubt it's going to happen, I'm really hopeful. Going to chicago anyway this summer but...

/rage
    I'm also betting they don't reschedule or anything, just fuck us over, at least I've already been three times recently but gd it

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well I don't know about that, I honestly think it seems like the conductor and organizers care about the fans and the music a lot. But any number of things could have happened (illness, drama, strikes, who knows), and despite trying to reschedule I'm sure it's going to be very hard to book a venue that is good enough for the chicago orchestra this late in the game. I'll be really happy if they do manage something though, as they kind of owe it to all the people who bought tickets for a show that didn't even require seat-buying.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I want to go to the DC one since it's closest to NJ, but not really happy about it being an outdoor venue.

Wish it was in baltimore again.

Actually after googling more of the venue, I'll definitely be at the DC show. Thanks for the thread.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

^word
    I'm planning on going to the San Diego one, but not too stoked about it being outdoor