+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Distant Worlds 2011     submit to reddit submit to twitter

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by deshende View Post
    For those of you that know the Chicago area, is the Symphony Center in a nice part of town? I'm shopping for hotels and want to know if it's safe to get something a couple blocks away and walk.
    It's in a really nice area. Getting a hotel way close to the Symphony Center is going to be super expensive for that reason. I got a hotel at Chicago North Shore Holiday Inn (8 miles away) for way cheap on Expedia, just planning on taking the subway/cab.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since the topic is on then what about London? I'd be looking for some cheap hotel, but 2 requirements: bathroom in the room and no continental breakfast Also somewhere close to Victoria Station would be great, but other places might be fine too.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Thinkin about going to the one at Meyerhoff in Bmore late July with a friend. Pretty excite.

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    It's in a really nice area. Getting a hotel way close to the Symphony Center is going to be super expensive for that reason. I got a hotel at Chicago North Shore Holiday Inn (8 miles away) for way cheap on Expedia, just planning on taking the subway/cab.
    Are subways pretty safe at night there? Most of what I know about subways comes from movies, and there's usually something shady going down in movie subway stations at night lol.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gonna be at the Chicago show on the 26th. Huge lurker. If anyone local wants to join hit me up on FB. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=22006508

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If you're going to Chicago, I'll be cosplaying Balthier! Come say hello from BG. :3

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Those headed to tonight's shows in Chicago, I would highly advise you to leave for the show early. Both the Pride Parade and the Taste of Chicago are happening, there's going to be several million people packed into the streets downtown and parking/traffic/CTA lines are most likely all going to be pretty gummed up.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Azshara

Totally taking the train into town and walking to the Concert hall! See yall there!

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Those headed to tonight's shows in Chicago, I would highly advise you to leave for the show early. Both the Pride Parade and the Taste of Chicago are happening, there's going to be several million people packed into the streets downtown and parking/traffic/CTA lines are most likely all going to be pretty gummed up.
    Thank you for the tip. I was planning on getting there an hour early, maybe I'll shoot for 2 hours early now

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

looks like the parade crowd is cleared out a bit but there's still a fair amount ot Taste crowd. I'm the guy with the gray shirt, black tie, and swampy asscrack from it being like 95° back out in the suburbs...

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

we're in the center section, row k, a few seats to the left of Slightly Chubby Rinoa, Susan Calloway is still bonerjamz

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

first seat violin totally dat ass'd Susan Calloway during Kiss Me Goodbye lol...good show, though there were kind of a lot of miscues, good thing it's a pretty laid back demographic. Seeing the FF6 opera house live was pretty surreal, quite a nostalgia bomb.

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I don't blame him. Susan Calloway was hot haha.
    I think the first performance was a bit smoother (and Dancing Mad with the pipe organ was probably my favorite performance of the day), but the sing along with Nubou was pretty fun.

(And I did pick out xerodok and said hi. It's easier to pick people out when they wear unique outfits haha).

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Susan Calloway is hot as hell. Sadly, the Atlanta show had some chick who.. well, her voice wasn't good. That's for sure. Wasn't *horrible*, but could have been a lot better.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Susan had a bit of a stumble on her first song, got choked up for a second at the start, but recovered fine. There were also a lot of A/V slip-ups with the stuff they have projected onto the background screen, and one of the stage techs couldn't figure out why this guitar was giving feedback(the cable wasn't plugged in all the way, hurrrr).

The young guy playing the solo piano pieces was a boss though, and Arnie Roth kinda wailed on the violin while Uematsu was playing the easiest keyboard part ever lol.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by deshende View Post
    I don't blame him. Susan Calloway was hot haha.
    I think the first performance was a bit smoother (and Dancing Mad with the pipe organ was probably my favorite performance of the day), but the sing along with Nubou was pretty fun.

(And I did pick out xerodok and said hi. It's easier to pick people out when they wear unique outfits haha).
    Thanks for saying hi!

I thought it was a great show, definitely wasn't expecting the piano solo in either of the shows by Benjamin, pretty awesome.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Damn, I wish I had realized more people were at the Chicago show, I'd have said hi. I was in row B on the left side of the floor both shows. I got recordings of everything but the audio has pops in it every so often

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tythera View Post
    Damn, I wish I had realized more people were at the Chicago show, I'd have said hi. I was in row B on the left side of the floor both shows. I got recordings of everything but the audio has pops in it every so often
    ugh I knew I should have yelled DE-TROIT SUCKS when Calloway came out

The Dazzler
    BG Level

LOL

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

I ended up going to both shows and the first show was much better than the night show. The choir was epic and Susan Calloway has a damn flawless voice (minus where she coughed at the start of the night set). Interesting crowd there for sure. I was the one wearing a vest and tie and my friend was wearing a dark vest an tie. Doubt any one remembers the crowd days after though. Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast