+ Reply to Thread

PS2 not working on my new TV

Ok guys - I'm stumped on this one and it's starting to piss me off.

PS2's run fine on several TVs in this house - finally caved in and bought a decentish sized HD TV for the lounge, and tried to move the PS2 downstairs onto this TV. It's not seeing it at all - when you switch it on the TV flicks to the right source (so there's obviously some life out there), but it tells me no source found... tried Scart and the three red yellow and white leads... still no luck, but it was working fine 10 minutes prior to the move on the telly upstairs so my head's telling me it's nothing major - I just cannot see what's the problem with it.

Done the obvious stuff like swapping cables over - again, all confirmed to work on the PS2 with the other TV, can't find anything in the TV setup options (it's a Samsung) that I'm missing and I'm stumped to be honest. My husband's done the male thing of ignoring it completely - but I've got stuff I want to play on the damned thing and Sony were fucktards with backward compatability on the PS3 so I need this working!

Is there anything obvious I'm missing here?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

your next step is to post what HD TV you are using.... and what ps2. Fat body or slim?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Have you used other devices through the same inputs on that TV? As in, you're sure it's not a defective board in the TV itself?

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    your next step is to post what HD TV you are using.... and what ps2. Fat body or slim?
    PS2's a fat one that worked fine an hour before on the upstairs TV, HD TV is a Samsung one... and the inputs seem to be working fine for other stuff - tried the cable box on the scart to make sure it was working... hence being midly stumped by it all.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

May wanna check PS2 settings, I'm almost sure they have an option to change image/cable format (RGB, Composite, Component).

idk, worth a try.