BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NCIS

Quite shocked with all the other good show discussion threads here no ones started an NCIS one. (and yes, i searched, long long back, there was a NCIS: Los Angeles thread though)

Anyway, anyone a big fan of the show at all? Just finished watching the Season 7 Finale, as i was a late watcher to the show (Didn't really start watching it until about Season 5, since then i've seen all previous episodes), and it pains me to have to wait for Season 8, if it happens what with a few contracts being up, mainly (Char Names) Tony, Abby, McGee, and Ducky's... Apparently the Actors playing Tony and Ducky have a good chance at coming back but Mcgee and Abby haven't commented on it

Finale spoilers:
    Spoiler: show
    Rambling aside, anyone watch the Finale, thoughts, concerns, insight on what he meant by "Sometimes you're wrong" (Rule 51)

I'm hoping he wasn't referring to becoming a cop as "I think i'll make a good cop" was one of the last things he said before writing the rule, and more hoping he was referring to Rule 13, Never involve a lawyer... of which was the piece of paper in which he wrote it on the back of.

Not gunna enjoy waiting for the answer :\

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I remember posting in the NCIS thread the beginning of the season. There are tons on the board who are avid watchers, I haven't really heard anyone say anything bad about it. Now I'm not one to complain about spoilers because if you read a thread about a show it's bound to be in there, but you might want to spoiler that last bit. I haven't seen the finale and tbh haven't been keeping up with this season, besides the last 3 episodes and the first 2 but I planned on watching it online soon.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    I remember posting in the NCIS thread the beginning of the season. There are tons on the board who are avid watchers, I haven't really heard anyone say anything bad about it. Now I'm not one to complain about spoilers because if you read a thread about a show it's bound to be in there, but you might want to spoiler that last bit. I haven't seen the finale and tbh haven't been keeping up with this season, besides the last 3 episodes and the first 2 but I planned on watching it online soon.
    Already spoilered it while you were typing this. also went back and fixed a typo.

More or less realized it was spoiler material right after hitting post x.x;

Edit: Also should get to watching it... was a great episode it just ended way before i wanted it too... now im depressed about waiting until the beginning of Season 8 Whenever that is :\... I knew it was going to leave off at a cliffhanger because the previous seasons did that but damn i just clearly wasn't as ready as i thought i was.

Edit2: Also that NCIS thread was in Spam, i did come across it figured it wouldn't be the most appropriate place to have a discussion x.x;

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Already spoilered it while you were typing this. also went back and fixed a typo.

More or less realized it was spoiler material right after hitting post x.x;

Edit: Also should get to watching it... was a great episode it just ended way before i wanted it too... now im depressed about waiting until the beginning of Season 8 Whenever that is :\... I knew it was going to leave off at a cliffhanger because the previous seasons did that but damn i just clearly wasn't as ready as i thought i was.
    I liked the finale, but that story arc was a little long for my liking. The whole story and stuff was good, but I didn't think it needed 3-4 episodes to get everything out there. The first part of the story basically turned into them making subtle references to it to remind you that it was related.

If they do anything to Gibb's dad

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Overburn View Post

If they do anything to Gibb's dad
    I'll be pissed too =\ I just hope Gibbs doesn't leave NCIS again... I just don't think i could continue watching the show without Gibbs, i'd try, but i'd miss him too much it'd depress me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

haha do we have to keep using spoiler tags if the finale of a show is already gone and past? but anyways

I don't think rule 51 is going to be significant or a big mystery to be solved. As for finales go, it was a decent episode in the traditional NCIS style. The last half of the season or so had been trickling the final arc with the last 3 episodes more deeply involved.

I'm not sure it'll be as memorable or epic as this past finale/premiere. I wholeheartly clapped and cheered when Gibbs took that snipershot in this season's opener. As for memorable, the only other big one that sticks out in my mind is when Kate was killed by Ziva's brother (also a sniped shot)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    haha do we have to keep using spoiler tags if the finale of a show is already gone and past? but anyways

I don't think rule 51 is going to be significant or a big mystery to be solved. As for finales go, it was a decent episode in the traditional NCIS style. The last half of the season or so had been trickling the final arc with the last 3 episodes more deeply involved.

I'm not sure it'll be as memorable or epic as this past finale/premiere. I wholeheartly clapped and cheered when Gibbs took that snipershot in this season's opener. As for memorable, the only other big one that sticks out in my mind is when Kate was killed by Ziva's brother (also a sniped shot)
    Know it wasn't a Finale but the Episode where Gibbs went back to his hometown and it showed the flashback seen with Shannon really got me teared up =x.

As for the Finale
    I think rule 51 will at least play a large part in the season 9 premier, as its either going to be something big with Gibbs career or we'll get a new "perm" character (The Lawyer) as she gets involved in defending him vs. the prosecution from the cold-case

But then again could just be all in Season 9 Premier and never heard from again.

Oh and
    Glad Mark Franks is still alive

And as far as spoilers go, only using em as a courtesy atm. probably don't have too after this point since the episode has indeed come and passed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I thought it was all a bit meh to be honest. I don't think they're going to get rid of Mark Harmon so you know nothing bad's going to happen to him. I just wish that the rest of the team knew what was going on - maybe they'll find out at the beginning of the next season, if Gibbs is arrested and made to stand trial for his crime?

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post

Headspace got banned over a Dexter spoiler. Dexter season ended much farther than a week ago. Like I said I don't care because when I come into the thread it's just asking for it, but people are bound to complain.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

That's not why he was banned.

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Headspace got banned over a Dexter spoiler. Dexter season ended much farther than a week ago. Like I said I don't care because when I come into the thread it's just asking for it, but people are bound to complain.
    He was the one complaining that we shouldn't spoiler it, I think. He got banned because he was bitching the mods after they said spoilering is fine, since it was the next season.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well true I forgot about the argument lol. Regardless people are going to complain.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's fine I guess, just with so many different shows ending/finales, it gets tedious lol

personally, I don't click on a thread if I'm far behind, unless idc about spoilers.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

*BUMP*

I know this thread is from last year, but why start another new one? I'm surprised, with the number of people that watch/love this show, how this thread doesn't manage to stay alive.

So, season finale tomorrow, fuck yes I got the night off, and I'm pretty anxious to see how everything with this P2P killer plays out.

I cried like a fucking baby last week. Mike Franks? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY. That scene with the group hug in the elevator made me lose my shit.

I'm pretty sure EJ's not going to be killed off this week, as much as probably a lot of viewers want her to be. She will, however, lose her standing as the favorite and probably not really be around too much anymore. I mean did anyone really see her and her team being a permanent fixture on the show? I think it would ruin the dynamic that made the show so good in the first place, honestly.

And of course, here goes Ziva being in peril again, at least according to the previews for tomorrow's episode. Feels like they put her in harm's way an awful lot, I mean it was only two seasons ago where she was held hostage and here we go again ... and what happened to her boyfriend? She said it was over and then he was just gone, like that? I don't think so. I think that guy's coming back, though tbh, I would really like to see her and Tony hook up already, lolshipping.

Still bummed about Franks, but I guess killing him off instead of any of the main characters was the best option.

Oh well, those are my rambling thoughts. Sorry for the necrobump again but meh, starting a new thread seems pointless.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

You just confused the shit out of me by bumping this. I'm reading all these comments about last season's finale, thinking I missed this season's. lol

I'm tired of them making Ziva so damn helpless. What happened to her being deadly as fuck, like when she was introduced? Now she's becoming just another generic female-in-distress. It's really irritating. WTB Super Assassin Ziva.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I agree, it's annoying. I mean, she can show some emotion and start to become a little bit more vulnerable - i.e. finding a guy/being hurt by him or showing she cares for her father - without losing the fact that she can kick serious ass. I mean come on, I was Army, I still possess the ability to fuck people up, but damned if I don't have one of the most sensitive souls. They don't need to lose all of the badass ninja to make her a bit softer.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

What a boring season finale.

No one even died or anything.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Well that black dude did, but who expected the black dude to live anyway.

And I agree, meh, though I have to wonder what this new DiNozzo project is. And EJ being the SecNav's niece explained a lot.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

I think EJ is the one selling top secret info. 1.) what was that tracking device she pulled outta her teammate, just out of respect or something else 2.) They did pick DiNozzo for the assignment and he's already close to EJ. At the end of the show she said she was leaving her post, not the entire show, could be something behind that.

I just hope its not somebody like abby, i would be fine with it being mcgee or palmer tho

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
    I think EJ is the one selling top secret info. 1.) what was that tracking device she pulled outta her teammate, just out of respect or something else 2.) They did pick DiNozzo for the assignment and he's already close to EJ. At the end of the show she said she was leaving her post, not the entire show, could be something behind that.

I just hope its not somebody like abby, i would be fine with it being mcgee or palmer tho
    I dunno, I kind of like the "Current cast". the shock on his face at the end does mean its someone we know... I'm thinking its the new chick (EJ you guys refer to her as?). Also, My memory is foggy but i don't recall seeing ducky this episode either... Probably missed him in the very beginning.

Fun to speculate, I hope its not someone we've grown used too... I wouldn't be too upset if it was the new lady, Kinda want her gone anyway.

Perhaps its Ray, Ziva's new man... he seems like someones whos going to die and/or be bad.