BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    They both can suck, to be honest. I find VoS NM to be much harder though since he tends to pop with en-petrify more often than not.. and can hit for 250~ a go. He also seems perma-resistant to Slow/Elegy from what I can tell as I've never landed either on him. He's also immune to sleep from what I can tell.

The Eraser NM only ever sucks when he spawns with triple attack, en-silence, and absorbs magic damage. At least Eraser can be slept though and chainspell-nuked down (if he doesn't absorb) in 15 seconds.

Either way both NMs can be soloable by Rdm as I do it all the time.
    Luckily he runs at an absolutely silly speed, with fast pants even en-petrify is completely manageable.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I was a big fan of Eraser on a nuking job just because while you're up there you can also do Page 3 FoV for some quick buffer/merit finishing and often tag Despot for some quick cash. RDM/SCH or SCH/RDM both wreck those dolls and/or Eraser.

[2012: Year of the Whore]
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZhiGaruda View Post
    Luckily he runs at an absolutely silly speed, with fast pants even en-petrify is completely manageable.
    Never knew that, thanks for the tip. I always just straight tank DD the FoV NMs but now I know..

And knowing is half the battle!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Never knew that, thanks for the tip. I always just straight tank DD the FoV NMs but now I know..

And knowing is half the battle!
    The only thing you have to make sure of, is you stay within a very close (~50?ish) range of where it popped. If you venture out far enough, there is no warning, it will just immediately de-pop.

I would usually do it as BLM/RDM, keeping up blink/stoneskin and gravity'ing as often as necessary. With gaiters, it was no problem.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZhiGaruda View Post
    The only thing you have to make sure of, is you stay within a very close (~50?ish) range of where it popped. If you venture out far enough, there is no warning, it will just immediately de-pop.

I would usually do it as BLM/RDM, keeping up blink/stoneskin and gravity'ing as often as necessary. With gaiters, it was no problem.
    Yah, I figured it worked the same as that Behemoth in BD. I learned the hard way they depop without warning. I shall miss that Sniper's Ring.

As for the distance it maybe even closer than 50 but you have a fairly decent area to circle around where you pop it.

Idk if they changed it or something but you certainly used to get warnings when running out of range of FoV NMs.

I remember one particular time when I was doing Eraser on RDM, I had grav'd it and was making my way away from it when I got the 1st warning, at that exact moment it used it's sleep TP move, which apparently has super long range, and slept me as I was about to turn around and run back towards it.

Unfortunately because it was grav'd it didn't get to me in time to thwack me awake and after a few moments it depopped.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I was a big fan of Eraser on a nuking job just because while you're up there you can also do Page 3 FoV for some quick buffer/merit finishing and often tag Despot for some quick cash. RDM/SCH or SCH/RDM both wreck those dolls and/or Eraser.
    Be a pro and RDM/NIN melee kill those dolls right in the hall up in the corner. If you have a good melee set and eat food you can kill them way faster. I get chain 5 most of the time as long as I don't get 5 T++'s in a row. No downtime is really nice too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81640/images/RubyEarring.png
    Hmmm, not entirely sure about this one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Spagnutty View Post
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/81640/images/RubyEarring.png
    Hmmm, not entirely sure about this one.
    not bad for ummm Ground strike!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Benevolentone View Post
    Be a pro and RDM/NIN melee kill those dolls right in the hall up in the corner. If you have a good melee set and eat food you can kill them way faster. I get chain 5 most of the time as long as I don't get 5 T++'s in a row. No downtime is really nice too.
    But Pros Ninja pop Eraser as /SCH and die. =P

Also, damnit.

BG Level

Mnd is still a modifier in MDT, right? If so then that augment really effin' sucks and I'd have been pissed off. It's the only reason I refuse to augment any of my coral+1 gear.

MND is only relevent against light-based magic, so its not really that big of a deal. Put your Dalmatica on for Citadel Buster and Holy II. Problem solved.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Mnd is still a modifier in MDT, right?
    For white magic; so it'd suck for getting hit by Holy. Is Citadel Buster mnd or int based?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was under the impression MND didn't do anything to CB(potentially it's accuracy idk). Either way, totally lame for Banishga.

Well, its magic, so its either modified by INT or MND, and it'd be the first light-based attack to not be modified by MND, so..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Well, its magic, so its either modified by INT or MND, and it'd be the first light-based attack to not be modified by MND, so..
    I thought it was simply set damage affected by day/weather and MDB/T.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Citadel_Buster

Edit: Basically, is there a MND check in there or something? I kind of got to the point of surviving CB and stopped caring about specifics.

Eh, maybe I'm completely wrong. I was just under the impression that every elemental attack in this game had an INT or MND check.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Beak mantle from Azure Key. Dex+2 Acc+6 Subtle blow+1, can post pic yet. This post is helping me get to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CyraxIfrit View Post
    Beak mantle from Azure Key. Dex+2 Acc+6 Subtle blow+1, can post pic yet. This post is helping me get to 10.
    Fuck nice, cheap Cuch Mantle!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yeah, aside from the fact that a lot more jobs can use it; its lv. 58.