Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

My Dnc would LOVE this!
    Really? I just /tossed it.

Got myself a Yghatataghsta dagger thing from the dominion guy with viper bite +10% damage.....

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tried to get one with both +atk and +acc, but this was the best of the bunch. Kinda decent for pup since I never got enkidu and working towards cirque+1

Also, is there a cap on how many of a certain/total trophies you're allowed to have? Couldn't get any more T4 after having 30 of them...

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's probably 30 then.

Banned.

BG Level

Why would you even have 30 of them? Turn that shit into something useful.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

30 is cap for each tier. I really hope they add an option to turn a t5 into a t1 in one click, that shit gets old FAST. Or let us do it in aby-empy, so we dont waste time doing it.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salmijr View Post
    Or let us do it in aby-empy, so we dont waste time doing it.
    Wouldn't that waste more time, since you can't warp directly there?

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/246...1217041459.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thought this wasn't too bad. Replaced my moogle expansion hat at least

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

how >.>

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Pandum View Post
    how >.>
    6INT 2MAB > Anything else available for BLM aside from Goetia Petasos +2 in certain situations where you're around the same INT as the mob. Of course, Goetia is universally better if you have set bonus, or need accuracy.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p...217_133837.jpg

Nice for MB, got the legs from expansion too with 10% MB bonus

Gunitsoldier

Now if you only had all the Twilig.. nvm grats

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Haven't taken sam past 75 yet. Would this be decentish when it hits 77 (if I ever lvl it again...).
    http://i53.tinypic.com/r10hsw.jpg

I couldn't get a yataghan that was better than +4 dmg +3% crit dmg

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It would be useless at 75, sorry :l

So uhh, late to the party and stuff, but why are people hating on cure cast time merits? And am I the only one who thinks assuming Atma of Ambition and /sch are both pretty stupid in the current game? 1 of the 2, at best. If you are fine on MP, /blm is far and away the best SJ you can run with, especially in low-man situations. Who gives a fuck about casting a cure faster when you can directly prevent 1000, 2000 or more damage? Are people so blinded by "zomg whm is a healer" that they ignore everything every SJ has to offer? Do you never feel that /nin is a superior choice vs some of these NMs that hate wipe (or like the Uragnite T3 who may very well pop immune to your tank)? Are we really calling the best merits whm has available bad because when we gimp our atma/sj it doesn't do anything for us? I understand you can cap without any of them, and I understand even without atma or /sch or /rdm you can still cap without 5pts (but afaik you still need 2-3)...but I think going whm/sch to Abyssea at the moment is just...silly I guess. And I was one of the biggest advocates of /sch before Abyssea, but 3 atmas with anywhere from 10-20 refresh (in addition to 4 standing refresh available on gear) makes /sch pretty unnecessary imo, whereas stun always has been, and still is amazing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Because you can cap it for single target cures with just 3 pieces of gear even if you aren't /sch.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Because you can cap it for single target cures with just 3 pieces of gear even if you aren't /sch.
    What pieces, exactly? I'm assuming Aceso's, Clogs and what else? To my knowledge there's no piece of gear in this game with either -25% cure spellcasting time or +25% fast cast. Someone correct me if I'm behind, but I'm pretty sure the whole idea of cure cast time "tiers" was disproved because the initial testing only measured the spellcasting animation with Fraps rather than when the HP was actually restored. I can't be bothered searching for the thread, but I think that afterwards the cap was found to simply be 50% which, even with Light Arts, requires an extra 15% cast time reduction with both Aceso's and Clogs. Yes, that 15% can easily be achieved outside of the 4 merits it takes to hit 16%, but there are four reasons why I'd shy away from using that as an excuse to dump those merits into Regen:

1. As Failure said, you shouldn't always be on /SCH any more now that /BLM gets Stun, /NIN is a more effective way of staying alive after hate reset than cure-bombing yourself and Ambition isn't a given.

2. The sad truth is that sometimes your gear swaps or your casts lag and the fast cast won't proc; just ask any RDM/NIN with a Tabard. Things like getting hit with moves that strip gear, forgetting certain pieces of gear, running out to something naked in an emergency, not beginning your cast in fast cast gear because you were 0.2 yalms out of range on your first attempt to cast and so on also tie into this. You might pull the "suck less" card, but it's just being realistic. A trait like this is a little more reliable than stats on gear simply by virtue of being an ever-present bonus regardless of your situation.

3. Requiring more gear to hit the cap means carrying more gear around, and I personally have a lot of WHM gear already.

4. Regen is pleasant, and that's about it in this day and age. I sometimes cast it on my tank during a cure-bomb fight if I have a window of opportunity, but that's pretty much all the use I get out of it. I was an avid user of Regen pre-Abyssea, but it's an almost completely redundant line of spells nowadays due to MP efficiency being of very little concern.

In short, I'd much rather have cures that are inherently 20% faster than enhance a set of spells that I never use in the first place. Of course my argument is weakened if it turns out that my information regarding cure cast time was turned on its head (again), so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    In short, I'd much rather have cures that are inherently 20% faster than enhance a set of spells that I never use in the first place. Of course my argument is weakened if it turns out that my information regarding cure cast time was turned on its head (again), so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Completely this. Even if casting time truly does cap with only three pieces of gear, the various shit that can happen with lag and gear being removed and whatnot definitely warrants the cast time merits. I'd much rather have the safety net of cure cast time on White Mage given the assortment of TP moves most mobs have now a days, especially considering the sort of situation you're likely in if you're using a White Mage. Regen is still nice, very handy spell, but the merits never really did and still don't have a place.

On an on-topic note:

http://i56.tinypic.com/nmyeyx.png

Not the best, but it saves me buying Aristocrats.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

As far as I know the "tiers" business is correct, I've never seen anything to indicate otherwise. How are you going to base it on when the HP is restored? Internet latency will completely overwhelm fastcast and make the results useless. Whether or not you should be /sch isn't an issue assuming cast time reduction capping at 35% is correct. Isn't it not really tiers but simply the precision of cast time reduction? Cure 3-6 are all 2.5s cast time, so they get their cast time floored at the same point.

Even still, yes you should be /sch most of the time. "We really need stun while duoing" is not the standard case, it is the exception. And not casting regen is stupid, there is no harm in casting it, and it will very rarely save someone when a regen tick leaves them just enough HP to survive the next hit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

As far as you know? Have you tested it? I tried briefly and the results didn't seem very consistent. Internet latency is probably one of the better arguments for Cure cast time merits. I want my Cure to go off as fast as possible regardless of external circumstance that possibly delay my cast or make my precast gear swaps faulty.

"We really need stun while duoing" is not the standard case, it is the exception.
    Not as rare as you make it sound, by far. And of course there's no harm in casting regen, but an additional 25 HP every 15 seconds has a significantly less chance of saving someone's ass than a faster cure.

With that said,

http://i55.tinypic.com/2m5mpf6.jpg