+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Third (WiiU)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

Devil's Third (WiiU)

The (in)famous Itagaki(and friends) left Team Ninja/Temco to form Valhalla Game Studios and Devil's Third is their first game(published by THQ). From the debut trailer, the game looks equally like a 3D Beat 'em up as it does a TPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Third

(Gory trailer/teaser with a lot of Itagaki wanking)

The game looks pretty ugly. As if Americans(THQ?) are handling the visuals. Too early to make a judgment on anything else.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Looks kind of modern day Ninja Gaiden, letting us actually use guns instead of SWORD ONLY VS 50 DUDES WITH ROCKET LAUNCHERS. Definitely looking forward to seeing more though, love Ninja Gaiden and DoA.

Itagaki can't make action gaaaaaames. I swear his next game better list the camera as a fucking enemy.

Game looks decent, but that's only cause the camera is being controlled by some omnipotent force.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing that drew my attention was... hmm how to call it... realistic wounding? As in the would appear where the girl slashed with her sword, or where people been shoot etc. I don't think I saw it being as developed as much as in this game? I wonder if that's a trailer thing or we will see that in action.

WHAT HAPPENED TO DEVIL'S FIRST AND SECOND?

also meh

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Masterpiece already guys. Nothing to worry about.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it controls as well as Ninja Gaiden Sigma, I'll give it a shot. I love games where I can move fast as shit while looking fancy all the while.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Looks like it could be fun, granted that the pace of combat is not like two rhinos trying to have intercourse in a tar pit. I.E. Sticky, Slow, Disappointing.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    One thing that drew my attention was... hmm how to call it... realistic wounding? As in the would appear where the girl slashed with her sword, or where people been shoot etc. I don't think I saw it being as developed as much as in this game? I wonder if that's a trailer thing or we will see that in action.
    They had this in Afro Samurai lol

BUT, it does look like a lot of fun. If the world is as seemingly open as it looks it'd be hot. If its kind of a set path...then i'd be disappointed Like the guy/girl running along the high beams in the construction site to reach the enemy. If that was a CHOICE, the game would be hot, if that was "just the path you have to take because thats where the level puts you" then it will be meh for me

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Game is incredibly ugly, but I have faith in itagaki.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

ITAGAKI

LEGENDARY

EPIC MASTERPIECE

DEAD OR ALIVE

Banned.

BG Level

Apparently the footage shown in the trailer is multiplayer? And the game isn't due for at least 2 years? lol

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Fuck you Itagaki.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Reminds me of the 16 bit brawlers where you had Average Dude, Fast Girl and Big Guy.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Apparently the footage shown in the trailer is multiplayer? And the game isn't due for at least 2 years? lol
    So... they're doing what they did with Killzone 2 then? show some alpha footage, keep playing the same thing with slightly touched up graphics, claim they are about to tank and be unable to finish the product, finally release it after 4 years of it being in development, and everyone enjoyed a mediocre game with frustrating controls.

Either way if that's multiplayer I'll definitely pick it up, it could be a lot of fun with some online play.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Speaking of which, we need a new Streets of Rage.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Speaking of which, we need a new Streets of Rage.
    They'll fuck it up.

Banned.

BG Level

Andriasang has translated a famitsu interview which is our first real look into the game. Some tidbits below.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._devils_third/

The site first asked Itagaki to clarify if Devil's Third is a shooter or an action game. Itagaki replied by jokingly asking them what they thought it was. Said Itagaki, "There are probably many who think 'There can't be a shooter like this' and 'It's not bound within the shooting genre.' In a word, it's that type of shooter."
    When he says Devil's Third is a "baby," he really means it -- the game is just 5 to 10 percent complete, and possibly less. "The trailer was just the concept of 'it's this type of game.' And not only that, but it conveys just a small part of the experience. There are the close combat elements, the shooting elements, the violence, and also the extremely three dimensional gameplay."
    The trailer suggests an extremely fast game. Regarding this, Itagaki said "Viewing the game speed shown in the trailer, it's natural that you might think aiming is difficult. However, in this game, there are levels to the movement speed, and what you were seeing was an extremely high speed situation. Your movement speed also changes based off the weapon you're using."

This does mean there will be a variety of weapons. "We're readying an unbelievable number of weapons," said Itagaki. This includes guns of course. Close range weapons will most likely include things other than the Japanese katana blade that was shown in the trailer, with Itagaki saying he'd like to make 10 or 20 or so. He noted that the weapons are being made with extreme reality.

It seems that there will be customization options for guns. When combining the base weapons with all their customization derivations, you'll end up with a large number of weapon possibilities.

Itagaki also made note of the game's martial arts component. In fact, he described the inclusion of true martial arts as being one of the special features of the game.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Current expected release date: Late 2012/Early 2013.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/09/de...re-april-2013/

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

We need to just delete this thread so I can forget this games existence for at least 2 more years.