1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 135 175 183 184 185
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Considering I built this PC 4 years ago this coming july and only added a new video card last week and Had gotten a new CPU for XMass I am pretty content with the score.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Just got a new laptop, ran the benchmark on low - should I be concerned with this score?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...wBenchmark.png
    I ran it on high but my resolution isn't high enough to see the score, any way to trick the computer into showing it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

yes. its a bad game and you can barely play it. the benchmark means nothing, but the game is so poorly optimized that ppl who score very well on the benchmark have issues w/ performance.

BG Level

My main concern is that it appears to be significantly lower than other laptop people with slower processors and older GFX cards.

Some people with worse specs (as far as I can tell) are in the 3500 range from the OP's chart.

Like this:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

People who originally had very high scores (who were supposed to be able to run the game max settings and beyond), have issues running the game under certain conditions and not w/ max settings. If you haven't bought the game yet, I would wait a bit tbh. Regardless of the games current level of content and fun factor (I know this isn't the thread for that and you can find all that info elsewhere), they are supposed to be enhancing optimization. It's rumored some optimization may be seen in 1.18 (next month), but it is something they will be addressing in one of the patches [hopefully] soon.

I don't know how the game will run on low settings, but, looking past your score, your latency is very high and that's something I would look into before you worry about how well you can run the game.

Also, I don't know much about Radeon cards to comment on that, but your cpu is outdated. If you are computer parts savvy I would consider buying a new cpu that can push 3 GHz. They shouldn't be that expensive and if you are confident installing it yourself and buying some good thermal paste it isn't that hard to do (and you can lookup youtube video's running you down on the basics and stuff).

You can also try to OC your CPU a bit if you have a good coolant

BG Level

(it's a laptop - there aren't many quad-core processors available faster than 2.0 GHZ - fastest Intel makes is 2.5 GHZ)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Oh, sorry.. I completely blanked on the fact it was a laptop

BG Level

Returned that other laptop, got the exact same specs on a new one but with the 6770M gfx card (and actually saved $50 in the process)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...vbenchmark.png

Much better.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

My Alienware M17x with a 2630 and 460 only managed a 1700 on high. I wonder if that's a driver issue. I thought the 460 would do better than that, especially with a sandy bridge cpu.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

managed 8566 on high...

nice!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just bought a HD6950, upgraded from a 5750.

Sometimes I'll get shit FPS and my GPU will be 99%, othertimes, I load the game and I run 60 FPS constantly, no matter where I am.

Is this the memory leak shit I hear about or what? I'm almost on the verge of returning the card.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Katoke View Post
    Just bought a HD6950, upgraded from a 5750.

Sometimes I'll get shit FPS and my GPU will be 99%, othertimes, I load the game and I run 60 FPS constantly, no matter where I am.

Is this the memory leak shit I hear about or what? I'm almost on the verge of returning the card.
    It isn't a memory leak, this game just has very minimal optimization. It is something they are supposedly working on so sit tight. Also make sure you have current drivers and Application Profiles from AMD. (Currently 11.7 Drivers and 11.7 CAP2 for the Application Profiles)