+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Resident Evil: Revelations looks pretty amazing, more RE4 style can never be a bad thing.

also 25,000 yen is wayyyyy too expensive. I get that things are more expensive in japan but that $300 price tag better drop by around 100 bucks if they ever hope for any americans to buy them. Knowing nintendo though, I bet the US MSRP will be 250.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nintendo wii launched at ¥25000 (about $300) vs $250 in US. It is now going for $199 over here and ¥20k which is about $240. Pricing is never the same across the board. The Wii goes for €199 in europe and we know the euro is stronger than the dollar. That is about $270.
    What is even funnier is the reaction to it costing the same as current gen consoles.
    Nintendo releases DS during the time of Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox. It sells for the same price. Everything is ok.
    Nintendo releases 3DS during time of Wii, PS3 and 360. It sells for the same price. This is an outrage.

I never said it was an outrage so much as a marketing nightmare, especially considering you can't capture the 3d effect on camera. Trying to sell a handheld for the same price or more than any of the 3 home consoles, using word of mouth and in-store demo units alone, is going be something of an uphill climb for them. I expect the price will come down to 200-250, since it'd be suicide of virtual boy magnitude to try and sell it for 300.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never said you did, I was speaking on general consensus on the web.

we should hang out ^o^

I mean holy crap, stuff like this is how they have to advertise it lol:

I'm sure once the word gets out and the media starts reporting on it, it'll be easier to advertise, but yeah

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    we should hang out ^o^
    NJ and I are not bros.

That is a lot of color blind Japanese people all in one ad. They should not be allowed to dress themselves.

Personally, $300 is a bit much for me to justify on this little badass in March. I will reserve judging whether or not that is a fair price until my friend buys his on launch as I know he will do. He has problems. I think he has like 4 Gameboy Micros. Collector... psh.

gameboy micros are incredibly cheap at gamestop if you can find them. When i worked there they were down to 50 new, when I finally bought one used it was like 20 or 30 or something ridiculous. They're a GREAT little system, perfect for plane flights. I love my micro

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

$300 is mind-blowingly expensive for a handheld. My first reaction was, "There's no way in hell I'm going to buy one until a price drop." Then I took into consideration I bought a DS phat, and 2 DS lites (cuz you know having a different color is important), so that already totals over $300. I'll prob get one but refrain from buying the vastly superior colors that will be released a short time after......... God I hate nintendo.

3DS is looking even more badass with each new announcement, though. Can't wait to have one.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

There is only one colour that matters.
    http://i50.tinypic.com/33cbx4k.jpg
    I have no interest in this but that shit is hot.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It's Apple pricing. The early adopters pay for the next hardware revision that will cost everyone else $40-$50 less.

I thought people knew by now never to buy the first revision of anything handheld? Unless you have $300 + the cost of your first game just burning a hole in that pocket of yours then get yourself something else to play with.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    gameboy micros are incredibly cheap at gamestop if you can find them. When i worked there they were down to 50 new, when I finally bought one used it was like 20 or 30 or something ridiculous. They're a GREAT little system, perfect for plane flights. I love my micro
    How can anyone play those things? Maybe it's just me since I have big fingers, but that thing was annoying for me to hold. >.>

i would really like a 3DSi LL with a 5" screen lol

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

If anything happens DS wise, in all honesty I want a new Trauma Center game. Trauma Center: Under the Knife 3D?

Too bad 3D would be a flop on the game since only the top screen has 3D support.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    It's Apple pricing. The early adopters pay for the next hardware revision that will cost everyone else $40-$50 less.

I thought people knew by now never to buy the first revision of anything handheld? Unless you have $300 + the cost of your first game just burning a hole in that pocket of yours then get yourself something else to play with.
    But the first generation of hardware is usually the one that becomes that most exploitable(i.e. PSP fat, and first DS and DS lite).

I'm not completely surprised though at the price. Sony tried to sell the pspgo for 250, and while it would have been a good sell had they allowed previously purchased games to make their way to it, it ended up failing horribly, and they still keep it at the same price. I'll probably pick it up right away, as i can't wait to do some starfox 64 portable, 3d or not.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, Fanboism incoming:

I'm definitely buying this because of Megaman Legends 3 ⌐ ⌐

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Edit:

Yah okay seriously, I Didn't eve fucking hit "Submit" Twice.

Forum lag is absurd lately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast