+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 3DS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level

looks snazzy, but still unsure of that analog + dpad

Agreed, i am wary of it... and GDI the gloss (nothing new i know) is so dirty looking. I want the DSi Matte Black! Also... @2:29 I am pretty sure that is Dr. Zoidberg attacking her.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Jeez that touch screen is huge, is it relative to the size of the one on the DSi XL?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I like how it looks, cant wait to get one.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/26/ca...s-this-spring/

Cartoon Network crossover fighting game hits 3DS this spring
    Cartoon Network's stable of characters will make the jump to stereoscopic 3D this spring thanks to an agreement with Crave. The publisher announced a deal through which it would release an "action-packed battle game" on 3DS starring characters from various current and classic Cartoon Network shows, including Ben 10, the Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and not Adventure Time.

Developer Papaya Studios is also working on versions of the game for Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 for release in holiday 2011, but without the appeal of new hardware, those aren't nearly as exciting!

CRAVE GAMES BRINGS CARTOON NETWORK'S HIT ANIMATED CHARACTERS
    TO LIFE THIS SPRING

All-Star Action Game Set For Release on Nintendo 3DS™ this Spring and
    Xbox 360®, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 System During the 2011 Holiday Season

Santa Ana, California, October 19, 2010 – Crave Games, the full-service publishing division of Fillpoint LLC, one of the videogame industries' leading providers of both online and in-store distribution, fulfillment, and e-commerce services for national retailer, today announced that it has entered into an agreement with Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE), the global licensing and merchandising arm of the television network, to develop and produce a video game for the Nintendo 3DS™ entertainment system available in Spring 2011. The game will also be released for the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo Wii™ and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system during the 2011 holiday season.

Currently in development from Papaya Studios, the game will feature a large cast of popular characters from Cartoon Network's original programming. Players will be able to choose from a variety of hit animated characters from the network's most popular shows including, Ben 10 Ultimate Alien, The PowerPuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Codename: Kids Next Door, Chowder, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
    "We are delighted to partner with Cartoon Network and their iconic library of characters to deliver a high-energy gaming experience to their loyal fanbase," said Betsi Gijanto, Executive Vice President, Crave Games. "Partnering with Cartoon Network is an important growth initiative for us and we are excited to be releasing one of the first games for the Nintendo 3DS."

"Gaming is such a core component of how our fans play and experience our brands," said Christina Miller, senior vice president, CNE. "This partnership with Crave Games provides us with a great opportunity to bring the favorite characters from the Cartoon Network universe to life in one action-packed battle game and offer our fans a first-of-its-kind console experience."
    No Adventure time? FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Boooooo! At least Flapjack is in there, and Foster's. How hard could adding Adventure Time be, its like... 2-4 characters tops if you just grab the big names =P

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Region locked? No good releases to come out of Japan then. SRW, Gundam, and whatever else is good that won't come to na/eu.
    http://kotaku.com/5730442/the-3ds-has-an-iron-curtain

Years ago, Nintendo released the Nintendo DS and the DS Lite. Anyone could import them and play games on them. Those days are long gone, and with the Nintendo 3DS, they don't look like they're returning.

According to an email from Nintendo's Japanese support, the Nintendo 3DS is region coded, which means that players cannot play games from different regions on the system. As Nintendo support explains, if one plays a Korean 3DS game on a Japanese 3DS (or vice versa), it won't work — and so on and so forth.

This should come as too much of a shock as the Nintendo DSi and the DSi XL have region codes.

Kotaku is following up with Nintendo to confirm whether or not the 3DS is actually region locked.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Since the 3DSi was it won't surprise me sadly.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Since the 3DSi was it won't surprise me sadly.
    If you're from the future can you please tell me when my acekard will finally get here? QQ

BG Level

Whoops. However it's not surprising they'll region lock it since the DSi was.

Hopefully I don't see a game only available in Japan then have to cash out for a Japanese 3DS as well.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

3DS event has been going on for an hour now

[link deleted]
    http://live.nintendo3ds.nintendo-europe.com/
    [link deleted]
    March 27th NA release.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Annnnnnd preordered. Should be no problem getting it now :D (hopefully)

Blue:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-B...5449558&sr=1-1

Black:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Black/dp/B002I096AA

BG Level

Damn it I need to find work xD

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

$250 in US, £220 on UK retailers I'm seeing... that's 350 bucks. THANKS NINTENDO.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by launchtitles
    Pilotwings Resort
    nintendogs + cats
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
    Madden NFL Football
    The Sims 3
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
    LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    Ridge Racer 3D
    Dual Pen Sports
    Super Monkey Ball 3D
    Thor: God of Thunder
    CRUSH 3D
    BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE
    Samurai Warriors Chronicles
    Dead or Alive Dimensions
    Asphalt 3D
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
    Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
    Rayman 3D
    Rabbids Travel in Time
    Trying to remember the last time a nintendo console launched with original IP of any kind. Guess I'll pick it up for Devil Survivor and the ease with which launch-rev hardware gets hacked for flashcart usage.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5250/...4b229cfa2c.jpg
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5164/...9ac09c2766.jpg
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5050/...1d4b7c21e4.jpg

http://blog.machinima.com/insidegami...-derp-edition/
    http://twitter.com/insidegaming

Moments after Nintendo’s New York press conference concluded, Ubisoft announced its line-up of games to support the 3DS.

Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Rayman are all part of the plan, as well as “new intellectual properties.”

Specific releases include:

Asphalt, a racer that uses the stereoscopic tech in 40 licensed vehicles.

For the kids, Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs is a 3D fighter for kids based on the series. 3D dinosaurs brawling to avoid extinction (we’ll assume their walnut-sized brains were invoking purpose to their ecological instincts to eat the next guy) is good enough.

John Tanner, of Driver franchise fame, goes 3D with Driver: Renegade. Urban racing, using the accelerometer, so the initial release says.

150 puzzles in James Noir’s Hollywood Crimes. Yessir.

Want more Rabbids? Of course you do, with Rabbids: Travel in Time. Put it on the “want” list.

Remember Rayman 2 of Dreamcast fame? Don’t worry, you’re not alone in your “huh?” If you were desperate to know what you were missing, the 3DS Rayman recreates this legend of game store bargain bins.

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, and we quote, ” featuring eye-popping 3D cut scenes and in-game effects, deep team management options and a 1vs1 multiplayer mode on the same console.” So serious games, for serious 3D people, it seems.

The cunningly titled Splinter Cell 3D uses, apparently, all the 3DS powers, functions, and stealthy-stealth modes for a stealthy-stealth game.
    http://blog.machinima.com/insidegami...the-3ds-train/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Here's the new trailer for Capcom's Resident Evil: The Mercenaries video game for the Nintendo 3DS. The Mercenaries will combine the arcade levels from both Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 and add a few brand new modes and will return well known characters from the series including the Redfields, Krauser and Hunk who all will be kicking zombie and mutated monster ass!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

[link deleted]
    that may be the best Reggie picture ever, hahaha

and I'm on the fence at that price... it's reasonable but I would have hoped for cheaper

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Devil Survivor Overclocked is the only launch title I'm really interested in. I'll probably grab a 3DS once more stuff comes out, but certainly not at launch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast