FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

With that price, no thanks, at least until I'm making boku bucks or they release something I absolutely have to get.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ubisoft is seriously re-using Rayman 2 as a launch title for a Nintendo handheld platform again?
    Spoiler: show
    Granted the DS version controlled like shit without a proper analog nub/stick, and the graphics were fucking dark, and the framerate was shaky, but still....

Only launch titles I have an interest in is Sims 3 (assuming it's more akin to the PC release and not a watered-down handheld release), RE:Mercs (loved it in RE4/5, not sure how long my interest would last though if that's all there is), Splinter Cell (assuming they don't fuck it up and keep it like the original games), and Crush 3D (already played it enough on PSP though).

SSF4 sounds cool, but I can't go back to d-pad after having used an arcade stick. I'll probably sit on my decision on getting 3DS for a year, and let the library build up first....and possibly see Sony's rebuttal. Nothing really there that screams 'must have' for me, although it's an alright launch line-up. If it had the Zelda port and Mario Kart 3DS ready to go from launch it'd be a bit stronger.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Nintendo, I am disappoint.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    If it had the Zelda port and Mario Kart 3DS ready to go from launch it'd be a bit stronger.
    THIS^^^^^^^ Million times THIS!

Zelda, Mario kart and starfox is all I wanted for launch titles, and I would have gotten it day 1

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Didn't really like the DS much and this showing is pretty weak. You haven't won me over yet Nintendo, not by a long shot.

The only thing I'm telling people that are saying, "I want one, but not at launch," is remember what happened with the Wii? It was physically impossible to get one unless you got very, very lucky for a few years. Nintendo doesn't play that waiting game. So unless you're willing to possibly wait a few years, I'd hop on board pretty quickly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I want one, but not until Zelda, Mario Kart and a few other games are out. It has a few launch good titles, but nothing that's gonna make me want to drop 250$ for the system

New Odin
    BG Level

Only one handheld is going to end up on my desk this gen, and PS2-level hardware just ain't gonna cut it this time. Especially if the prices are within +-50€ each other..

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

$250!? That shit can stay on the shelves for all I care. They can't get away with that price in this day and age.. where you can have a do-it-all device (iPhone/Android) and not worry about anything else.

Even if they released Zelda on launch I still wouldnt budge. That price is way too fuckin high for a portable gaming device... Where are all the people that complained about PSPs selling for 150-200? lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It's the same price as a Wii (lol) and just under a Ps3 and 360 Elite

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Wii at launch. Wii sell for 200 now, but yeah you're right 50 bucks under a PS3 and 360 is ridiculous. Let's not forget that the cartridges got bumped to 40-50 dollars depending on the title.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'll just wait for the slimmer version lol

I don't really understand the logic behind a handheld intrinsically being cheaper than a console. I mean, shit, look at laptops. They're typically more expensive than desktops. I also don't understand the bitching behind raising game cost. The cost of physical media going up when the technology is new is pretty standard, afaik. Remember when DVDs were the new thing and how much a spindle of those cost?

That said, I've been anticipating a $250-$300 price tag and I'm excited about the release.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If people are bitching about 3DS price, I can't wait to see what happens with PSP2. If it's really as powerful as a PS3, then I dunno, I'm expecting $300+ easily.

If we're talking about launch games, well.. 3DS is certainly ahead of original DS.

DS launch games:
    Asphalt Urban GT (Gameloft)
    Feel the Magic: XY/XX (Sega)
    Madden NFL 2005 (Electronic Arts)
    Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
    Ping Pals (THQ)
    Ridge Racer DS (Namco)
    Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
    Sprung (Ubisoft)
    Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (Nintendo)
    Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
    The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts)

One good game, maybe two? I didn't think anything of the DS at first. I waved it off for a year or two at least. By the time I did get one, I was amazed at how many good games there were. And now? Well shit. I've probably played more good DS games than next gen consoles. Or damn close to a tie. I don't think I'm exaggerating here. There are a ton of great DS games. So yeah. I'll definitely plunk down the cash for 3DS at launch. It's already got fantastic dev support.

I also don't understand why people are bitching about the battery life. Sure 3-5 hours seems short. My PSP doesn't last much longer than that. I have one of the newer ones too. You can always turn off the 3D effect when not needed, and I'm sure it'll be around 8-10. My Dsi XL can go for days and ays without recharging. Probably 15-20 hours? At least. But we're talking about a significantly less powerful system here. I'd say this thing has better graphics than a PSP. Just look at the RE games and SFIV.

Looking very forward to this.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Nintendo's gimmicks seem to be making them rich as fuck, there's no reason to believe it's going to magically stop working come March.

It will sell well. Wish I could afford one come launch, but that's just not realistic. But I never got consoles at launch anyways, I can live. Hell, I just got my PSP like 6 months ago. And I "own" a PS3 as of 3 months ago when I moved in with my bf~

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Fuck yeah DoA! One of my fav fightin games. Too bad I don't like playing them on handhelds lol

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Bust-a-move universe, I'm sold. I can be satisfied with a single puzzle game for months.

lolgirlgamers

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I might've missed it but did we find out if the 3DS is BC?

Other than Nintendo's official first press release, stating that it would... I haven't heard much else about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast