CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Definitely plays DS games, dunno about GBA. The 3DS website itself lists estimated battery life for running 3ds software vs ds.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

3DS released in Japan recently(sold out)

R4'd

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

also it's reported that R4s run on it, although obviously not for 3ds games

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

From Bloomberg Reports
    Nintendo Co., the world’s largest maker of video-game players, cut its profit forecast 82 percent after lower-than-expected sales of its new 3-D handheld player led the company to cut prices of the product.

Net income may total 20 billion yen ($257 million) for the year ending March 31, compared with Nintendo’s previous estimate of 110 billion yen, the Kyoto-based company said in a statement today. Analysts had expected 92.4 billion yen, based on the average of 21 estimates compiled by Bloomberg.

Nintendo will cut the price of the 3DS by 40 percent to 15,000 yen from Aug. 11 in the face of mounting competition from Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s iPhone and online games played on Facebook Inc.’s service. President Satoru Iwata is counting on new titles including the latest “Legend of Zelda” game to spur sales of the 3DS, halt two years of profit declines and help the stock rebound from five-year lows.

The device released in February has lost its initial sales momentum, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata told shareholders in June.

The company lowered its sales forecast 18 percent to 900 billion yen. It also reduced the full-year operating profit estimate by 80 percent to 35 billion yen, Nintendo said.

The company based its annual earnings estimates on exchange rates of 80 yen against the dollar and 115 yen per euro, compared with its previous rates of 83 yen and 120 yen respectively.

Nintendo rose 0.1 percent to 14,000 yen on the Osaka Securities Exchange before the company released earnings. The stock has fallen 41 percent this year, the third-worst performer in the MSCI Japan Index after Tokyo Electric Power Co. and Tohoku Electric Power Co.

E. Body
    BG Level

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=30048

$170 now, 10 free gba & nes games to people who already bought it

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuck me and my penchant for buying everything withing the first few months of it coming out.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

AHAHAHAHA!

10 NES and GBA games. Man this looks like the first Xbox, cheap 1st party games to "compensate" the players who just lost 80 dollars with ancient games that won't even cost Nintendo 10 bucks total per user. Way to go Nintendo rofl. Thank fuck I didn't buy one (and still won't for the new price either).

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    AHAHAHAHA!

10 NES and GBA games. Man this looks like the first Xbox, cheap 1st party games to "compensate" the players who just lost 80 dollars with ancient games that won't even cost Nintendo 10 bucks total per user. Way to go Nintendo rofl. Thank fuck I didn't buy one (and still won't for the new price either).
    20 crappy games is better than nothing, which is what is normally always what people get after buying something right before the price dropped.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Have the 3DS sales been that bad? I have moderate interest in it, there are a couple of games I would like on it (Mainly the upcoming RE games), so this price drop is not bad.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Have the 3DS sales been that bad? I have moderate interest in it, there are a couple of games I would like on it (Mainly the upcoming RE games), so this price drop is not bad.
    PSP is still outselling the 3DS if that means anything.

I think it's probably bad news for nintendo to cut your profit forcasts by 82%, when essentially you've reached market saturation with the Wii/DS and the platform you were counting on to hold you over until the Wii U comes out starts to look like the virtual boy redux. I think the 3DS's biggest problem was probably its price point, especially after Sony decided to price the PS Vita so competetively, so hopefully the reduced price helps them move units although I'm guessing a lot of DS owners still can't justify making the jump until the library gets bigger. I remember saying when the 3ds was first announced that they were going to have a marketing nightmare on their hands (trying to create the same fervor the DS had around a handheld who's main draw can't be accurately displayed on commercials or print ads) and I guess that's part of it too.

Although, the new price point is great news for someone like me who has been waiting to buy one until more games I'm interested in are released, so now I can definitely see myself picking one up before the end of the year.

The Nintendo execs are probably shitting their britches right now. To go from being the king of handhelds to being eclipsed in just a few years by Apple and having Sony's superior hardware on the horizon probably doesn't bode well for investor confidence. I think if the Wii U is a similar disappointment Nintendo is going to join the rest of the beleaguered JP gaming industry.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

according to Kotaku
    What a difference a couple of years makes. It seems like only yesterday Nintendo was an unstoppable juggernaut, its consoles and handhelds tearing up the sales charts. In 2011, things are a little different.

Nintendo just put out its financial earnings release for the three months of Apr-Jun 2011, and they're grim reading, especially for the company's newest piece of hardware, the 3DS. In short: hardware sales have fallen off a cliff.

Global DS sales are down from 3.1 million this time last year to 1.4 million this past quarter. Wii sales are down by 50% as well, from 3 million to 1.5 million sold. That would be OK if the new 3DS was doing a roaring trade, but in the past three months only 710,000 of the new handhelds have been sold. Worldwide.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The worse news for Nintendo is that their system-selling games are all remakes until they can ship a new Mario Kart or mainline Mario game, neither of which has a final name or a firm release date (Q3/Q4 2011 is all they've comitted to).

So even at $150 it's less expensive to buy a used gamecube/copy of Legend of Zelda: CE than it is to buy the 3DS and the best game on it.

New Odin
    BG Level

Man some of the 3DS owners are such sheep. "I don't mind having paid ridiculously inflated price for this device that had various issues plaguing it initially. It was worth it, can't wait to play the next remake of a 10 year old game on it sometime this year!"

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Holy shit...I'm so glad I never early adopt lol. I might even get one at that price, if the holiday games are any good...and the Vita isn't as good as it's looking to be.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    The worse news for Nintendo is that their system-selling games are all remakes until they can ship a new Mario Kart or mainline Mario game, neither of which has a final name or a firm release date (Q3/Q4 2011 is all they've comitted to).

So even at $150 it's less expensive to buy a used gamecube/copy of Legend of Zelda: CE than it is to buy the 3DS and the best game on it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I won't lie. The 3DS was kind of a disappointing purchase but I'm gonna stick with it for a bit. At worse, I can sell it for the Vita if they don't start announcing some worthwhile games.

I'd say sell yours now before the official price switch and get as much as your money back as you can.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

nice, ill pick one up now

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also some of those games that they announced they are giving us for GBA are good as fuck, pirated or not pirated. Whatever you guys are smoking, don't smoke it around me.

Metroid Fusion? Hell yeah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast