+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Fuck the haters, Omni that truck is dope as fuck for Connecticut winters.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    good thing gas is cheap again because that tank looks thirsty
    Will probably be a even exchange since he was paying for 93 octane in the rex.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

probably.

it is a pretty truck though.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So now that I own a home and am getting married soon, it's time to start looking at something a bit smarter and more family oriented for our next vehicle... and not 2 door like I have now.

This winter absolutely SUCKED, I pretty much had no vehicle and my fiance needed a lot of help in her ford escape.

I was looking into WRX's and an all-wheel drive vehicle, but am debating a SUV or pickup. Everyone I know has Rams, and a lot of SUV's are actually shit in the snow, so it makes the choices a lot harder. Not sure my fiance will want to learn to drive a stick but I might be able to convince her to learn. Any suggestions? Don't want to go higher than 30-40k for a vehicle, but we might lease it which gives us a little more leeway.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

every time i borrow my buddy's pickup it makes me want to go out and buy my own. DO IT, PUSSY

I like to eat food
    BG Level

My dad recently got an F-150 and it's very nice inside. A lot of room, even in the back seat, and nice features. The only thing about pickups is there is very little weight over the back tires unless you keep things in the bed. My WRX was in the shop because Subaru kept fucking things up after I just took it in for the brake line coating and an oil change, so I took his truck up to VT for some snowboarding.

Obviously it handled fine, but you just have to be aware that it can fishtail easier than most. SUVs are somewhat similar, but they do have more weight over the back end.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah a lot of friends keep sandbags or foam buckets from the firehouse in their beds for that reason.

I feel like a lot of SUV's on the lower end are just as shitty in the snow as cars, which makes me lean towards a pickup. After seeing a silverado handling a wreck terribly recently, I took it off the table, and would probably go with an F-150 or Ram but like I said everyone has the Ram (but not in black!). It would be nice having a truck to transport shit with too. Fitting my 7 foot olympic bar in my girls escape was a challenge.

How are the all-wheel drive cars like Subaru in the snow and weather? I know some luxury brands make all-wheel drive vehicles too but I can't imagine they'd be like a WRX.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I have had zero issues with my WRX in the snow. The only thing to think about would be the ground clearance during heavy snows or when trying to find parking on the street (if you're in a metro area). Can take out the linings pretty easily if you hit some ice chunks.

Obviously you'll need to get snows for the WRX as well since they come with a set of summers, not all-seasons. I don;t trust all-seasons in the snow anyway.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Ok so then it would probably come down to if I want to lease, Truck. If I want to own, WRX or Truck.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

One of my coworkers just got one of the new Durangos and they really love it. I haven't driven it, but it's fairly nice on the inside and I like they body style they have now. Two more guys also got the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and again, really nice inside and they love them.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I have had zero issues with my WRX in the snow. The only thing to think about would be the ground clearance during heavy snows or when trying to find parking on the street (if you're in a metro area). Can take out the linings pretty easily if you hit some ice chunks.

Obviously you'll need to get snows for the WRX as well since they come with a set of summers, not all-seasons. I don;t trust all-seasons in the snow anyway.
    This. Need snows on a car for sure. Even trucks nowadays are coming with pathetic all-seasons and even straight up summer truck versions on the higher end packages. The non base packages in full size should all have an AWD mode that most people seemingly don't even know about, so the fish tailing just doesn't happen. I hit the button in blizzards and don't have a care, only need to hit 4x4 for actual off-road or clawing out of something.

I have Sierra/Silverado now, but it's obvious where the weight savings comes from when doing truck things. Every single part on it seems thinner and/cheaper than Ford's; which I'll probably go back to. I'll also give some real thought to dodge and the new Nissan diesel, but all my friends with Tundras have suspension/electrical item issues too often and wouldn't purchase again.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I have a 2014 Tundra and haven't had any issues wit it yet. Nice truck and a smooth ride, but I only drive it in the winter to save on gas.

In my experience, AWD doesn't help you as much in the winter as you might think it would. It's not going to keep you from sliding, it just helps with started from a dead stop. Clearance is something you're going to want to consider if you get a lot of snow. The last thing you want to do is bottom out at the end of your driveway or carve up the undercarriage on a chunk of ice.

Winter tires are definitely a must. Again, they don't make you invincible but you'll definitely notice the difference.

I'm looking to replace my almost-dead Cavalier, and I have my eye on a Scion tC, but I also know someone looking to sell their '08 Lancer GTS for cheap. I've driven a tC before, but does anyone know of any frequent/common issues or complaints with the Lancer? Anyone owned one and have an opinion?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

The only vehicles I've had that have been bad in snow are RWD. Every FWD car I've owned has been amazing in the snow. There's an ample amount of SUVs you can buy that's FWD now. We got hammered with snow this year, my Explorer hasn't failed me. Didn't miss a single day of work this winter. I put a new set of tires on it, and it's been a beast.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

My parents got a new Tundra a couple years ago. It's very nice. It's got the heft and durability to do all the crazy projects my mom does (hauling woodchips, large heavily loaded trailers, limestone, furniture... whatever) and it makes a nice cruiser for longer trips. We just took it for a 4-day trip to Wisconsin. About a 5 hour drive, and I was in the back seat for the whole trip. I'm 6'3" so it wasn't SUPER comfy, but it was considerably more comfortable than most back seats. And on the way back we moved some of my parents crap out from the rest of the backseat so I could lay down somewhat. Much more comfy.

Pretty thirsty, but not as bad as some.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

We recently switched to AWD explorers at work, and I didn't have a single problem in them with the non-stop blizzards we recieved here.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    One of my coworkers just got one of the new Durangos and they really love it. I haven't driven it, but it's fairly nice on the inside and I like they body style they have now. Two more guys also got the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and again, really nice inside and they love them.
    Seconding this. I have one of the new design (2011 forward) Durangos, and it is absolutely fantastic. Even the base models are really nice. As far as handling the snow I haven't had a single issue with it. Took driving through a blizzard from Green Bay to Chicago like a champ, and the Grand Cherokee is basically the same car, but without a third row for all intents and purposes.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Traded in the '01 Cavalier I drove into the ground (which I got $250 for trading in, haha) for this:

Spoiler: show

It's nice having a Manual again. It's a 2013 tC with 13,000 km on it, so it's basically new. Need to get the spoiler on it at some point but I spent all my money on the car haha.

Banned.

BG Level

Out with the old

In with the new

Going to miss the Subaru but it was getting up there in miles and needed a lot of work, rather put the money towards the new car. May get another Subaru at some point in the future but Hyundai had the (by far) best deal for a crossover.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Figured this might be the best place to ask this / seek some car advice. Looking to get some opinions on Dodge? In particular the Calibre or Avenger but also very open to other car recommendations.

Looking to pick up a second hand car now in a few weeks. Budget is roughly around $7,000 CAD. I used to drive VW Golf back in Europe and would ideally like to go with VW (Jetta / Passat) but it seems from a cost perspective they hold their value much more here so it would mean getting a much older VW in comparison to a Dodge or other brands like Ford etc where i can get a newer model with better features.

Car wont be used all that often maybe 1-3 times a week (Myself and my wife both can walk to work) so the car is just for getting around / being able to go off for a drive and explore the weekends etc. We are in BC, Canada so not having to deal with much or any snow unless we travel far out. 4/5 Door is greatly preferred and more geared towards a Saloon or larger car (You guys may consider them Sedans?). What im looking for mostly is newer body types or styles if possible / decent extras if possible (Leather / Electrics / CD Player), 2005+

Below is a list of what im currently looking at / like the look of and it looks like depending on Model with my budget we will be aiming for 2005 - 2009 in years.

Dodge Calibre / Avenger
    VW Jetta / Passat
    Nissan Maxima
    Chrysler Sebring
    Ford Fusion / Escape / Focus
    Honda Civic (Long Version)

Cheers!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

VW have notorious electronic issues.