Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Gilgamesh] Luullullu     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Horizons

[Gilgamesh] Luullullu

Hello BG,

I'm just here to warn you about a player from Gilgamesh, Luulluulluu, former Horizon's members. She -and her husband Durinrin- left the linkshell with an Kirin Osode and a Novia Earring, and of course refused to give them back. The rules of the Ls clearly says these items belongs to the LS.

They now left for Underthehazymoon, be warned, don't lend them anything, you will end up screwed.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Hazymoon is also on Gilgamesh could of just told Papi/Spriggan about them

Horizons

It's hard to speak to Spriggan, he's japanese, we're french. Still we were waiting for brakiss to go online to tell him about them ^^.
    Papi is jpn too, don't know if he speaks english.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Papi's English is decent, same with Spriggan. If you want I could probably e-mail Papi with this link.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons View Post
    Hello BG,

I'm just here to warn you about a player from Gilgamesh, Luulluulluu, former Horizon's members. She -and her husband Durinrin- left the linkshell with an Kirin Osode and a Novia Earring, and of course refused to give them back. The rules of the Ls clearly says these items belongs to the LS.

They now left for Underthehazymoon, be warned, don't lend them anything, you will end up screwed.
    Even though those items are worthless, that's besides the point. I just don't understand, they put in time to earn said items, and need to give them back at the end? How's that make sense though? Do you give your boss back the money you earned from your job when you quit?

If they just some how jacked it then disregard but...your LS rules are fucking retarded.

Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorSelf View Post
    Even though those items are worthless, that's besides the point. I just don't understand, they put in time to earn said items, and need to give them back at the end? How's that make sense though? Do you give your boss back the money you earned from your job when you quit?

If they just some how jacked it then disregard but...your LS rules are fucking retarded.

The fact is our LS is still young, barely broke the year of existence, we're not a shell with a lot of people, and it took us some time to kill our first JOL. So far we killed it 6 times only, we're not hardcore on events, doing things slowly, so we still value items that are kind of "rare" to get. We redistribute all money from selling currencies and sky items but as we can't stuff everyone with novio and novia earrings, we decided to put them as "Ls property", so it's always used for the shell, not for people to come, lot, and leave with them. (And no you don't give your boss your money back, but you will give him back that high brand laptop and the car he lent you to do your work ^^)

We are not a point based linkshell (we are based on job utility, overall attendance for farms and others things), so I don't expect you to aknowledge our system, it's just the way it is, it's stated in the rules so you accept them when you enter.

(Ok we now have plenty of osodes we don't care about that, we don't care much about the novia too, only worth 2M on gilgamesh, but we do value respect of the rules, that's why I came here and posted this.)

Ps : Bechyni, You can of course link papi or spriggan to this thread, so they know what they will deal with ^^.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bellieve it or not a lot of Linkshells have this assbackwards way of gear distribution. I had a friend who was in one shell like that and when she finally quit, the old shell leader told her to keep her gear because she'd not only earned it in his eyes but she took a lot of uneeded abuse from a few "senior" members who made it a habit of being dickheads.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

we're not a shell with a lot of people
    With rules like the ones you use I can see why.

(And no you don't give your boss your money back, but you will give him back that high brand laptop and the car he lent you to do your work ^^)
    True, but then that's how 'real life' is. We're talking about a game....what would you do if you got a Novio earring to drop? Time-share it between the BLM's in the LS?

We are not a point based linkshell (we are based on job utility, overall attendance for farms and others things), so I don't expect you to aknowledge our system, it's just the way it is, it's stated in the rules so you accept them when you enter.
    I've been in endgame LS's with similar systems to yours and although there were occasional rumblings of discontent when members got items that others thought they should have got it worked well. It worked well because people knew that if they put the effort into attending they stood a better chance of getting an item.

The way I see it is that if you put in the time you should be allowed to walk away with the gear you earned while in that LS. If you gave these players an Osode and a Novia earring and they didn't deserve them then that's your fault. If you gave them to them because they did earn them then I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorSelf View Post

I'm sure they didn't get a gun held to their head and told to join the LS and follow the rules or they were going to have their fucking brains blown out.

I completely agree with your point on it, but what they did was still shady.

Padawan

Well it seemed my GF and I were a really neat couple here. Since we entered the Horizons LS, the rules changed a lot, just to make sure all the good items stay in LS. So far in the past 2 month 3 osode gone to bank. Even if we did all the events, put a lot of time in it and waited the Leaders say us we can lot, they never want to see some nice items go out of LS.

We agreed on rules when we entered the LS, but those rules changed a lot without asking members if we agreed or not. Horizons prefer gear mule than normal players, that's one reason we left, the other was because they doesn't agreed with us having an HNM.

Now you can talk brakiss or spriggan, I have LS rules saved on my computer, the ones which isn't said novio is property of the LS for example.

Slow down a little horizons that's just a game, and those items are not so powerfull and as I said you already have 3 osodes in bank.

For Bechyni, it's not because you want to put drama to HM because of personnal behaviour that you should take part of something you are not aware of beside the thread horizons made. Everyone could post here and say wrong things, bad things of people without any check, so take a little time to know all the facts. Sometimes it helps

This type of issue is inherent to your type of distribution system. You can't expect that everyone that joins your LS is going to leave on good terms. You should expect that most people are going to want something for their months/years of effort, even if they plan on leaving on as best terms as they can.

Being a relatively "young" ls, you should be informed that this is going to happen from time to time. It's pointless to start a warning thread when it happens. Everyone's going to blame you for using a flawed system in the first place. (I know, I know, all systems have flaws, but this type has more than most imo.)

I wouldn't deny a person's application or even think bad of them because of this thread, simply because I feel that your rules are mostly what's wrong with this situation.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Assuming they had rules set out on specific drops prior to them joining; they have a moral obligation to return them. If they didn't return them I would call it immoral; and isnt this specifically what the player warnings section is for?

Although I do agree; I wouldnt join your LS based on your drop rules.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The fact is our LS is still young, barely broke the year of existence, we're not a shell with a lot of people, and it took us some time to kill our first JOL. So far we killed it 6 times only, we're not hardcore on events, doing things slowly, so we still value items that are kind of "rare" to get. We redistribute all money from selling currencies and sky items but as we can't stuff everyone with novio and novia earrings, we decided to put them as "Ls property", so it's always used for the shell, not for people to come, lot, and leave with them. (And no you don't give your boss your money back, but you will give him back that high brand laptop and the car he lent you to do your work ^^)
    Well with that in mind, why would mages ever want to do Sea? Farming deeds is usually done low-man, and the mages don't need the torques, and there aren't really "sellables".

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Multiple job argument aside; he said its a casual LS. If they want to keep the earrings just stay in the LS and show up to some events now and then. I realize Im speaking ideologically(read: stupidly); but even after you get the gear you want, why not stick around and help the people, who helped you, get the gear they want? JoL doesn't drop 10 earrings at a time.

Disclaimer: I do not mean hold the earrings hostage.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

if it was in the rules then they should have gone along with it, but "lending" someone gear and expecting it back in the online world is pretty dumb to begin with. and really, telling someone "all the time and effort you spent getting that gear was now meaningless, give it back" as they leave isn't going to do much good for your LS reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
    and those items are not so powerfull
    just return it then

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Well with that in mind, why would mages ever want to do Sea? Farming deeds is usually done low-man, and the mages don't need the torques, and there aren't really "sellables".
    Or sky for that matter? Honestly people who are career WHMs get next to nothing out of sky and as for BLMs?

Zenith Mitts and then what?

Systems like this are flawed in many ways because an old ass place like sky has many items for PLDs, SAMs, MNKs NINs etc but mages sorta get the shit end of the stick up there.

Sea is about the same almost imo..

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
    .For Bechyni, it's not because you want to put drama to HM because of personnal behaviour that you should take part of something you are not aware of beside the thread horizons made. Everyone could post here and say wrong things, bad things of people without any check, so take a little time to know all the facts. Sometimes it helps
    What?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If your LS expects people to give back stuff when they leave you are totally playing the wrong game, most who leave linkshells dont want to leave empty handed for the work they put in, and to be honest, items that are 'linkshell property'? once its put in another players hands you wont see it again nor can a GM do anything about it, you gave it to them. besides the total fact that kirin osode drama is 2004.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lol If you have to give the shit back, where's the incentive? Most people don't put work into something for nothing you know. I love doing sky and sea and shit, but after doing it for a while with nothing to call my own... frankly I'd quit too.