+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly the game feels way too generic for a F2P mmo. I've played a lot over the years and they didn't do shit to make it feel like the original at all. No novice, only in title, or anything and you just select one of the first classes right away. Yet I can't stop myself from wanting to play it more, fuck.

I'm Mezraq on there if you see me. Mostly on ch 4+ to avoid lag.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lvl 9 Swordy.
    Fun time killing game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's nothing fancy, magical or ground-breaking, just a simple click and play MMO. You don't pay a cent to play, and you don't lose out on anything by trying it out. I don't get the hate in this thread, it is what it is it, a generic old-school MMO. I'm enjoying it for it's simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    I don't get the hate in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    It's nothing fancy, magical or ground-breaking, just a simple click and play MMO. You don't pay a cent to play, and you don't lose out on anything by trying it out. I don't get the hate in this thread, it is what it is it, a generic old-school MMO. I'm enjoying it for it's simplicity.
    You pretty much answered your own question. UI is a clusterfuck, game feels sluggish and controls like ass, skills are crappy, combat isn't satisfying etc. Original RO wasn't a great game by any stretch, but this version just has no soul.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I've been dicking around in this game over the weekend. Playing an Acolyte right now but I read that there are lots of bugs and at end game its very hard to make money. We'll see I guess.

Lv 14 right now but I had a 23 Aco and had to delete it becuase cooking on an Aco... ain't no body got time for dat.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    You pretty much answered your own question. UI is a clusterfuck, game feels sluggish and controls like ass, skills are crappy, combat isn't satisfying etc. Original RO wasn't a great game by any stretch, but this version just has no soul.
    This is literally the worst MMO I've ever played, and I've played quite a few F2P MMOs over the years, many of which I've forgotten the names of, because they were that forgettable. The original RO blows this wad of churl out of the water. Hell, Trickster was better.

The translations are terrible, the graphics are abysmal, the design is uninspired. Was it too much to ask for them to simply make a sequel that expands on the original? Sprites? Did they have to attempt to "modernize" the look of the game by adopting a Nintendo DS-level of graphical quality?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    I've been dicking around in this game over the weekend. Playing an Acolyte right now but I read that there are lots of bugs and at end game its very hard to make money. We'll see I guess.

Lv 14 right now but I had a 23 Aco and had to delete it becuase cooking on an Aco... ain't no body got time for dat.
    Yes it is very hard to make money at end game, unless you got a guild and farming end game raids. Otherwise you can join the card farming/mining crew out in the fields (theirs only like 2-3 world card cards worth anything) that could be farmed to hell or take hours.

The game has its moments but meh ;/ (atm forgot what the max lvl was) I have a Beastmaster, sorcerer, priest, archer and a high lvl theif

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    This is literally the worst MMO I've ever played, and I've played quite a few F2P MMOs over the years, many of which I've forgotten the names of, because they were that forgettable. The original RO blows this wad of churl out of the water. Hell, Trickster was better.

The translations are terrible, the graphics are abysmal, the design is uninspired. Was it too much to ask for them to simply make a sequel that expands on the original? Sprites? Did they have to attempt to "modernize" the look of the game by adopting a Nintendo DS-level of graphical quality?
    This all day could not get into anything about this game, combat being boring as fucks as well.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Yep, uninstalled at level 10. Combat system is total shit as well, especially as a Thief. Shame!

It's funny, because while I say the original RO wasn't great I loved the shit out of that game. I dunno how to describe it, but the original RO just had soul to it. The music, the colours, the sprites, the animations, the design, everything just looked awesome. The gameplay wasn't anything amazing, but it was quite unique and fun to play since all the classes were designed to be interesting and different. The only problems I had with the original was no good social mechanics/events (WoE is just a clusterfuck of fuck) and the game pace was awfully korean at the time, but expanding from the original and improving on it would've made RO2 a much better game. A little more focus on story and characters, less random and unguided gameplay/progression etc.

It's a shame the devs have no balls to risk something that isn't a WoW-clone.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Guess I'm the minority here.

I'm playing the dubbed slowest and worst class to level (Support Aco/Priest) and I'm actually having more fun than I ever had on Aion/Rift/GW2 but I can see that tapering off if I get to 50 and can't find a suitable guild or social group to play with.

I did try playing an archer to level 13 and found it was also just as fun as my aco. I loved the shit out of RO so maybe I have delusions of grandeur remaining from that experience.

I'm just discouraged because I can't roll a Bard and troll people in PvP anymore. That shit was the most fun I've ever had in PvP.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I have been playing this game for about a week or so, and I have to say its a pretty generic post WoW MMO. Targeting in this game is god awful, and I see game glitches all over the place.

So far I have a 33 Warrior and a 18 Thf. Combat in the early levels seems kinda boring, but I guess every game is like that, since hitting lvl 33 on my warrior, I have been able to unlock most of the abilities I have wanted to (except for defender), and combat has gotten a little bit more interesting, but it's still basically spamming bash and aura strike over and over again. I still have yet to figure out the deal with hate in this game, my threat meter generally puts me at twice as much as the other people in my party, but a few boss monsters will consistently change targets regardless. I have a feeling its just monster mechanics but I wouldn't be surprised if the threat meter is glitched out too.

Aesthetics wise, this game to me is quite pleasing. I hate most MMO's aesthetically speaking, WoW Tera Aion Rift SWTOR ect, I have basically hated everything that is not not FFXI or FFXIV aesthetics wise, but strangely enough I like how this games looks. That's not to say the graphics are amazing or anything, far from it, the graphics quality similar to that of a game that would be on the Nintendo Wii.

The coliseum is pretty cool, I haven't really been a PVPer in most games, but I tried it a few times and have enjoyed it... well except for trying to target people. To bad its only twice a day.

But yeah, imo this game is another WoW clone with lots of glitches and messed up targeting for the most part. I'm only playing it because I can aesthetically stomach it, but the game play sucks compared to other f2p MMO's out there.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's funny, because while I say the original RO wasn't great I loved the shit out of that game. I dunno how to describe it, but the original RO just had soul to it. The music, the colours, the sprites, the animations, the design, everything just looked awesome. The gameplay wasn't anything amazing, but it was quite unique and fun to play since all the classes were designed to be interesting and different. The only problems I had with the original was no good social mechanics/events (WoE is just a clusterfuck of fuck) and the game pace was awfully korean at the time, but expanding from the original and improving on it would've made RO2 a much better game. A little more focus on story and characters, less random and unguided gameplay/progression etc.

It's a shame the devs have no balls to risk something that isn't a WoW-clone.
    The game soorta sucks till Lv 25, then it becomes slightly interesting. The thing I liked about original RO is the accessories and hats, which RO2 has... unfortunately 97% of them are "buy to use" type ordeal.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Tried this game, and ... oh wow the clunky as fuck comments were true, why you fuck up such a good IP gravity... I would've been happier with a ragnarok remake w/ D3/PoE graphic style RO game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Race: Noel
    Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Second is receiving an update in North America, which will introduce the game’s first playable non-human race of characters—the Noel.

The Noel update will be released tomorrow, September 11th. The Noel are an Elf-like race that start out by using melee attacks as well as area ranged attacks. At level 25, they can choose to become either Crecentia or Soul Makers.

Crecentia will continue to use a number of Alter skills, with the addition of debuff skills as well. Meanwhile, Soul Makers give up Alter skills for death magic, healing abilities and strengthening buffs.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/10...ace-this-week/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Necro bump like noones business.

I know it's april fools, but has anyone else seen or heard anything about this "reboot" being for mobile now? Really skeptical to take it as legit until verified.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hooly bump.

Nice video though, brings out the nostalgia.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, Warpportal is taking over the development, and they are the NA Publisher of Gravity Games Interactive, so it's likely to go through some change. Dunno how redeeming that will make the game though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8