Closed Thread
Page 332 of 467 FirstFirst ... 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 ... LastLast
    Irish Vagabond
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
    Possibly making Daryl gay? I just don't understand why they would go that route.
    Cuz a character being gay is obviously the beginning of a whole host of faggotry plot lines and would ruin any chances for him to be anything but a faggot right? Maybe they're setting up for Darryl to host the first post-apocalyptic gay pride parade.

Whereas I personally would have liked Daryl to have settle down with Carol, Daryl as a character is incredibly guarded and doesn't show personal aspects of himself like other characters do. Maybe this season he'll 'warm' up enough to be able to talk about sexuality, but I doubt it's going to be like flood gates opening and suddenly we've an emotionally expressive Daryl.

Gay or not, Daryl is going to be a moody cunt who is distant and who is a bit skeptical of his place in a group.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I see much trolling and banning in the future for this thread if Daryl is gay.

If you read the article it say they won't get into what he is in this season but are gonna introduce a gay male character this season which is pointless since we already have a gay character and this show really has nothing ti do with stuff like that it should focus on them surviving the zombie apocalypse.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-de...233650433.html

Possibly making Daryl gay? I just don't understand why they would go that route.
    http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/imported_ass...aying-Nope.jpg

Irish Vagabond
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Smokie View Post
    If you read the article it say they won't get into what he is in this season but are gonna introduce a gay male character this season which is pointless since we already have a gay character and this show really has nothing ti do with stuff like that it should focus on them surviving the zombie apocalypse.
    I wish I was creative and had a cache of gifs that would reflect my opinion on how your statement is terrible, and how I loved reading it because it instantly conveys how you are terrible.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-de...233650433.html

It's like deja-vu with Dumbledore all over again...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

On the other hand, if they (continue to) make him a character living in a post-apocalyptic world who actually has depth to his characterization and happens to be homosexual, then that's alright by me.
    I'd be fine with Daryl being gay from a story point of view. His isolationism could easily at least partially stem from being a gay man in the deep south. The only thing I wouldn't like about this, story-wise, would be the fact that it would seem very out of character that Merle never brought that up to give his brother shit, particularly during the episode where Daryl was hallucinating Merle. I have to imagine that if Daryl were gay, and Merle were tormenting him, that's the first thing he would bring up (and Daryl would know that, so his hallucinations would reflect that). Unless, of course, Merle didn't know.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Nope. Enough pandering. Retconning hots sexuality is a bad idea.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/05/wa...panion-series/

AMC ordered a pilot for a new walking dead series...new cast/new location/same time period

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like there's an Xzibit meme in there somewhere.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I kinda wish we could get a mini-series or at least a few webisodes showing the immediate outbreak from the perspective of high ups in the government...like show us the panic that happened at the CDC, or the President attempting to be locked down. Show us the horror of the crew of an oil rig or a nuclear sub out to sea and how they react. Stuff like that.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The thing that drives me nuts about shows with premises like this is when they never tell you how/why whatever happened, happened. If I'm willing to suspend my belief and accept that dead people are coming back to life and eating other people, I think I can probably swallow whatever chain of events you cook up that lead us to where we are now. "Virus"? Okay cool, where'd it come from? How'd this whole shit show start?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The thing that drives me nuts about shows with premises like this is when they never tell you how/why whatever happened, happened. If I'm willing to suspend my belief and accept that dead people are coming back to life and eating other people, I think I can probably swallow whatever chain of events you cook up that lead us to where we are now. "Virus"? Okay cool, where'd it come from? How'd this whole shit show start?
    That's what sets WD apart from other zombie series. It's almost always the obligatory virus that turns us. On WD, people just started turning after death, all of a sudden. Was it something in nature? Maybe a vaccine?? Not knowing adds more to the story, and the characters trying to figure out what went wrong.

Pretty similar to Attack on Titan's plot. You find out as the story progresses, and it just gets more and more fucked up as new details emerge. Makes it more interesting for me, at least.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I have no issues with not knowing right off the bat, what bothers me is when you just never find out what the heck happened. World War Z (movie, never read the book) trolled me big time in that regard because they spend half the movie looking for patient zero and then just abandon that plot completely, but at least we find out how the virus worked.

Based on what I know about the comics, we're not getting answers any time soon, if ever. That's what irritates me. It just seems like lazy writing to leave the defining event of your story's universe completely up in the air.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    That's what sets WD apart from other zombie series. It's almost always the obligatory virus that turns us. On WD, people just started turning after death, all of a sudden. Was it something in nature? Maybe a vaccine?? Not knowing adds more to the story, and the characters trying to figure out what went wrong.

Pretty similar to Attack on Titan's plot. You find out as the story progresses, and it just gets more and more fucked up as new details emerge. Makes it more interesting for me, at least.
    I disagree completely. It's the sign of piss poor writing when a story can't even properly explain it's own origin. Attack on Titan's plot is an even worse example than Walking Dead, it's doing the exact same shit Lost did. Adding random events and details just for the sole sake of being random with absolutely no forethought.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

What in the blue fuck is in Erin's motherfucking basement!?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I disagree completely. Adding random events and details just for the sole sake of being random with absolutely no forethought.
    dra·ma
    2.an exciting, emotional, or unexpected series of events or set of circumstances.

just sayinnnn
    And AoT is op u shut ur whore mouth. The manga explains little by little gotta learn to enjoy the ride. You dont need to be spoon fed every little detail right up front brah!

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Unexpected != unexplained.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I like how the guy with the mullet knows how to save the world

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Allegedly. I'm not sold on the fact that he knows what's up. I think he's aware that without Ford he would be up shit's creak covered in his own guts, and he also understands Ford's hero complex and how to use it to his benefit.