Closed Thread
Page 3 of 467 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    What do you mean, how many episodes the entire series could run?
    I don't think that anyone could possibly answer that at this time. We don't know how far they are taking these first 6 plus they are adding more scenes in addition to the main story line but we don't know to what extent they diverging. There's also a question of pacing of how many episodes vs how many comic issues are released so it doesn't catch up/overlap.
    Spoiler: show
    I can't imagine they'd get past the farmhouse portion.. if even that in the first season. I'm sure the first season will close with his son killing his partner and leave it at that, with the next season ( which I hope to god happens ) picking up with them taking off, finding the housing complex, and wandering around aimlessly and without food until they find the farm. Excellent cliffhangers and 18-24 more issues further out to catch up to. The whole farm and migration to the prison is another season, and the drama with the town across from the prison with the President could be two whole seasons.

I can't imagine a lack of plot right from the comic allowing an overlap by any means. Especially with all the subplots and story arcs within each main arc to cover and flesh out. I think they can have a fairly aggressive pace and not have to worry about too much. I'm assuming each episode is an hour long?

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I believe they are an hour, yeah. The first episode is 90 minutes though

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I can't imagine they'd get past the farmhouse portion.. if even that in the first season. I'm sure the first season will close with his son killing his partner and leave it at that, with the next season ( which I hope to god happens ) picking up with them taking off, finding the housing complex, and wandering around aimlessly and without food until they find the farm. Excellent cliffhangers and 18-24 more issues further out to catch up to. The whole farm and migration to the prison is another season, and the drama with the town across from the prison with the President could be two whole seasons.

I can't imagine a lack of plot right from the comic allowing an overlap by any means. Especially with all the subplots and story arcs within each main arc to cover and flesh out. I think they can have a fairly aggressive pace and not have to worry about too much. I'm assuming each episode is an hour long?
    Spoiler this. We've been very good up until now.

Banned.

BG Level

What lol? This thread started as links to download scans of the comic which everyone has been talking about up to now. What kind of crybaby shit is this? I didn't even talk about major spoilers anyways just general plot movement. Holy shit you people will bitch about anything.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    What lol? This thread started as links to download scans of the comic which everyone has been talking about up to now. What kind of crybaby shit is this? I didn't even talk about major spoilers anyways just general plot movement. Holy shit you people will bitch about anything.
    Thanks Qalbert.

Banned.

BG Level

Kissing ass doesn't make you look any less of a whiny cunt.

Old Merits
    BG Level

You aren't exactly making yourself look good.

The TV series is coming out in a couple months and we cannot expect everyone to have read the comic before hand. Laying out the entire plot arc progression, someone getting killed and by who is spoiler-worthy, I don't know why you disagree or are so emotional over it. I don't even really disagree with your reply, just the fact that you didn't spoiler tag spoilers.

I would have thanked you instead of Qalbert had you just thrown on a spoiler tag, there is no ass-kissing involved. Way to be the bigger man after calling me a crybaby and a whiny cunt, btw.

Also, this thread did not start out as links to the comic... I know, I started it. You're welcome for the introduction to the series.
    Yes, links were later posted, however there was zero discussion about what was happening outside of a general overview of what the story was about which ended up being mostly covered by the AMC trailer.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

<redacted>

assburgers
    BG Level

Fuckin' right-o, this looks like a good Halloween.

Cannot wait for this. Don't fuck it up AMC, don't fuck it up.

Tamale Baby
    Groundskeeper of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

so i stumbled upon this awesome zombie story podcast its awesome and has a full cast like World War Z audio book

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zom...eEpisodes.html

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ahh fuck.. do I or don't I???? I think.. I am going to wait! At least for a HD version. I'll watch it, and implore everyone else to watch even if they DL so we get more ratings for more seasons!

Can't do it. I must wait. Thanks though!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

so, has anyone watched it? does it live up the the expectations?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow, so long as they keep production values up for this series I think it will be incredible. That first episode has me hooked.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

can't wait to see it in HD

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I watched it, was great. Quality is fine.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I watched it, thought it was pretty awesome. The gore isn't lacking that's for sure. It's been a couple years since I read the comics but it builds up things nicely from what I can recall.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow this show is really good. I hope they don't cheapen their special effects.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad