+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cure VI Formula     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    When your target is missing ~1500 HP and you have enough MND/Healing skill to cure that much. Keep in mind, the Max HP buff from the cruor prospector in Abyssea can put people at over 2k HP.

p.s. Kaeko's testing shows Cure 6 has a fixed enmity value of the same CE as 5, and 100 more VE.
    This^

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

OK I'm lost. Do I need to treat this like Cure V and gear more for MND than other cures?

For me V lands in

Teiwaz (15% - 17 will come once SCH and RDM hit 80)
    Reign Grip (3 MND)
    Selenian Cap (4 MND, Cure Potency +3%)
    Morgana's Choker (5 MND)
    Aristo (12% Cure Potency)
    Cleric's (6MND)
    Errant
    Blessed Mitts (7 MND)
    Roundel/Novia (5% Cure Potency)
    Cure Pot Pants I can't spell (MND +2, Cure Potency +5%)
    Marduk Crackows 10 MND)
    Karka/Tamas (11MND)

So 40% Cure Potency, no merits in Healing magic, +48 MND? (Will grab another MND cape asap).

Is this the way to go for VI also?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nyaanyaa Mewmew
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    OK I'm lost. Do I need to treat this like Cure V and gear more for MND than other cures?

Is this the way to go for VI also?
    Well, until you reach sc1, 2MND = 3HP. After sc1, 10MND = 9HP. Not taking into account Cure Potency enhancement. So well.. decide for yourself.

mnk tanks, can need 1500 hp and still have 700 left ;x admittedly not many mobs do that much damage but the squid in konschtat and some of the other abyssea NMs can do a fair bit of damage if you get unlucky with DAs/counterstance

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    I was just doing these numbers to plugin to the formulas to show that Cure V would really never be more MP efficient in the situation that does arise and you beat me so booo(seldom though they are)

I think the 140 MND you used is way more than the average cure set

Average set I would guess is around this

Main: 17% staff
    grip: Staff Strap
    Ammo: Hedgehog bomb
    Head: MND +6 Cure Potency +3% (Kupo head)
    Neck: Cure potency + 2% (I forget the name
    l.ear: Geist Earring +(1 MND)
    r.ear: Loquacious
    Body: Nobles
    Gloves: Blessed Mitts (MND + 7 )
    Rings (These can vary a lot depending on if people go for a MP+ set or MND set assuming a MND set the "average" person will probably go for the +4' with a Tamas)
    l.ring: Tamas (MND +5)
    r.ring: Sapphire Ring (MND +4)
    back: Rainbow cape (MND + 3)
    waist: Penintant's (SP?) (Mnd +5)
    Legs: Blessed Trousers (MND+6)
    Feet: Cure Clogs

assuming hume whm/sch (for the sake of average) your base mind will be around 73

73+ 6 +1 +7 + 4 + 5 + 3 + 5 + 6 = 110 MND
    That seems like a pretty gimp set to me. Why would you use staff strap, and not reign? Cure clogs can be macroed out once you start casting for 6 more mnd. Aslan cape isn't hard to get either, or even ixion is pretty cheap now (and there's no excuse for not at least having prism now). That's 10 more mnd already.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    That seems like a pretty gimp set to me. Why would you use staff strap, and not reign? Cure clogs can be macroed out once you start casting for 6 more mnd. Aslan cape isn't hard to get either, or even ixion is pretty cheap now (and there's no excuse for not at least having prism now). That's 10 more mnd already.
    and why blessed mitts over healer's+1 if we're trying to maximise the output of the spell? (but yeah, the set proposed is definitely not anything close to best)

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post

Not sure if I'm being trolled or not but I said average WHM

Though I don't see what is wrong with staff strap. -2 enmity is great for Cure IV and is decent for Cure V certain situations

edit: Looking back on it I said average at least like 4 times in there <_<

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Not sure if I'm being trolled or not but I said average WHM

Though I don't see what is wrong with staff strap. -2 enmity is great for Cure IV and is decent for Cure V certain situations

edit: Looking back on it I said average at least like 4 times in there <_<
    even for an average set it's probably on the low end of what alot of the theorycrafters are used to considering. most of that set is still accurate for 'average' 2 years ago, so people who are career whitemages are going to have filled it in a little better and that's the lens many people will view it in.

the pieces suggested are all reasonable improvements (and at least one of them was a gross error in an 'average max mind' set: you should be wearing at least mnd+8 by the time you get cure VI in feet. I personally would have mind+10 in that slot and that was two years ago.)

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Amele View Post
    even for an average set it's probably on the low end of what alot of the theorycrafters are used to considering. most of that set is still accurate for 'average' 2 years ago, so people who are career whitemages are going to have filled it in a little better and that's the lens many people will view it in.

the pieces suggested are all reasonable improvements (and at least one of them was a gross error in an 'average max mind' set: you should be wearing at least mnd+8 by the time you get cure VI in feet. I personally would have mind+10 in that slot and that was two years ago.)
    If any of the WHMs I've xp'd with on other jobs are a clue then the following is more likely true..

Walmart
    MP neck
    Nobles
    Hierach's
    the level 60 HP/MP cape
    Blessed hands/legs
    Cure Clogs
    MP/MND rings
    Loquacious/insomnia
    Light staff/Staff strap

You can't expect an average WHM to have +10 MND in their feet. Most people don't even do Salvage.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If any of the WHMs I've xp'd with on other jobs are a clue then the following is more likely true..

Walmart
    MP neck
    Nobles
    Hierach's
    the level 60 HP/MP cape
    Blessed hands/legs
    Cure Clogs
    MP/MND rings
    Loquacious/insomnia
    Light staff/Staff strap

You can't expect an average WHM to have +10 MND in their feet. Most people don't even do Salvage.
    That look's like the average whms I see around too.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Walmart
    MP neck
    Nobles
    Hierach's
    the level 60 HP/MP cape
    Blessed hands/legs
    Cure Clogs
    MP/MND rings
    Loquacious/insomnia
    Light staff/Staff strap

wasn't holding self up as example of average (besides being a 2 year old toon, I wasn't average then as you astutely point out :P), just pointing out that the critiques above *were* reasonable.

+8 mnd shoes and a macro to put them in is about 30k gil, the reign is maybe 5k, aslan and ixion are expensive, but prism is maybe 150k on most servers.

even with just reign grip and +8 shoes, you're looking at +10mnd [edit:+11 in fact] vs the originally proposed set, as noted in the initial critique. I was attempting to provide context to show it *was* a reasonable critique, and the critic didn't suggest anything approaching a best in all slots example.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Staff strap is mostly useful for the 20mp, actually. A big reason why you see WHMs with max MP setups is because it pushes Signet/Sanction/Sigil Refresh to activate faster.

I don't think its a safe assumption that the average WHM actually has a gear change mid cure.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nyaanyaa Mewmew
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Amele View Post
    and why blessed mitts over healer's+1 if we're trying to maximise the output of the spell?
    Because Haste+5% > +4 HP cured, noone said anything about maximizing the output of the spell.
    I don't think it's a safe assumption that the average WHM actually has a gear change mid cure.
    QFT, heck I've seen far too many WHM's who only swap Light/Dark Staff.

Aside from that, it really doesn't matter what the "true" average cure set would look like, the whole point of this, was to show that Cure V > Cure VI in terms of MP efficiency, unless you have a high-end cure set, that is probably not even available in game at this moment.

Back on topic: I'd appreciate if anyone in game could actually confirm this formula to be correct, seeing how the formula I came up with is based on several assumptions, and pretty low sample size (only one Cure >900HP).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

average whms don't have the +cure potency staff either. although this isn't a great place to discuss our servers mages.

thanks for working out the info on cure VI, abit dissapointing

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    average whms don't have the +cure potency staff either. although this isn't a great place to discuss our servers mages.

thanks for working out the info on cure VI, abit dissapointing
    remember that cure V was pretty lackluster the level you got it too, I'm sure it'll be more useful once the cap is in the 90s.

@nyaanyaa - fair point about the haste vs. hp cured.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaanyaa_Midgardsormr View Post
    Because Haste+5% > +4 HP cured, noone said anything about maximizing the output of the spell.

QFT, heck I've seen far too many WHM's who only swap Light/Dark Staff.
    This.

Many part-time whm's forget that Haste is very important part of being a good whm. You don't want those recast timers getting in the way of your business.

Besides, stacking MND, VIT and CureSkill will only get you so far for Cures. Cure potency is the way to go, and all career WHM's should strive to reach the 50% potency cap in their setups. While at the same time, keeping their blessed/haste setups for other enhancing spells. MND, VIT, and Cureskill are really secondary.

Too bad About Cure VI not being MP efficient, but I kind of figured it would be like that. I'm sure at LV.99 Cure 6 will really begin to shine. For now, using it with Penury in an emergency is just fine for me.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't think its a safe assumption that the average WHM actually has a gear change mid cure.
    Mid-cast swaps are a pain to do without Windower. So that excludes PS2/PS3 players; those with philosophical objections to it; and those with older machines or netbooks that get too much slowdown with Windower.

Anyway, one situation where I can see this being valuable -- fights in which peak healing rate is more important than overall efficiency. A Shantotto Ascension was a good example of this kind of mechanic (with multiple targets, so Curaga-spells were more important. But I can see how a single-target version of the fight might work).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Blessed pants+1 over shantoto pants ? Or am i terribly wrong for using blessed+1 ?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nyaanyaa Mewmew
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by takito09 View Post
    Blessed pants+1 over shantoto pants ? Or am i terribly wrong for using blessed+1 ?
    That really depends on what augments you have on your Tatsumaki Sitagoromo (obviously). Personally I have Movement Speed+ & PDT-, so I'm going with Blessed Trousers. Tatsu with Cure Potency+ definately beats Blessed though. Cure Potency+ & Haste+ would be optimal if you're going to use the pants for your cure set.