1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 5 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Jojimbo View Post
    Equip was never 'sync'ed to begin with, they gave full stats. At least every piece of gear I equiped did.
    Equipping a level 23 weapon on my level 12 PUG most certainly didn't. The weapon has 80ish attack and 197 accuracy, but with it equipped I only had 48 attack and 130ish accuracy.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sell it quickly? Most of the people don't read anything on the frontpage, let a lone update notes lol

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    What am I going to do with my level 32 chainmail?
    Give it to me. I'll drool over the fact that I could actually stand to take a few hits if I was wearing it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

As long as it's not already fixed I'm happy. Then I'll be able to level into my weapon.. otherwise this might turn out bad.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You can't trade or sell anything that has any durability damage, so I'm stuck with it unless I can find someone with high level blacksmithing and some Iron Chains.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nice, I knew that was a bug.... Lol but wish I wouldn't have spent all my gil on them level 26 knuckles. Now i'm a broke lalafell using level 1 weapons again. haha

And LOL at all the people that insisted it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    If complex = so tedious that RMT won't want to do it since they can't devise a bot for it, then yes, SE seems to be making these VERY complex.
    Most ridiculous statement about RMT today.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    Most ridiculous statement about RMT today.
    T'was a joke, son. RMT have no limits; they are the true relentless scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by ufo View Post
    I think so. People have been leaving feedback/complaining about the controls for months now. They might already be working on that, or maybe they are saving it for later. All we really need is hardware cursor and a decent mouse look.

If you are looking for hints I think Tanaka said they want to make menus have more mouse interaction. Maybe that will tie into the controls as well.
    i am confident they will show off some kind of workaround and the controls will still be retarded just a bit more responsive.

if they get a decent mouse control i ll pre-order the game right away. i ve been holding back so far they made it easy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jojimbo View Post
    Equip was never 'sync'ed to begin with, they gave full stats. At least every piece of gear I equiped did.
    I was losing stats on some of mine, but I guess bygones are things that have gone by now. A bridge under water as they say...

What are the controls like right now?

I was assuming they'd just take FFXI's controls and use them for XIV. With all their talk of making it an easy transition for XI players into the new game (IE same races). I loved XI's control system, and wish to god that you don't have to use a mouse for XIV.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sorry if this is generally known already and has been discussed, couldn't find any useful info anywhere, just whining.

Can anybody confirm or debunk that mining gets easier/faster when you've skilled up? I saw someone mention it in a feedback thread, but the rest of it was so retarded I wasn't about to get my hopes up until taking it here.

He mentioned he'd noticed mining points had different difficulties, and that he noticed the process was easier/faster on the easier veins when he reached level 10.

Anybody experienced anything similar after leveling up mining or logging?

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I noticed that it was very hard to mine Grade 2, and Impossible to mine Grade 3 points at level 8. Any hit would take off a ton of the vein's stamina, making it pretty much impossible to mine consistently.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    I noticed that it was very hard to mine Grade 2, and Impossible to mine Grade 3 points at level 8. Any hit would take off a ton of the vein's stamina, making it pretty much impossible to mine consistently.
    Nice, I didn't notice a grading system when I was messing about with logging/harvesting, but I kept getting errors and crashes so I gave it up pretty fast.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    What are the controls like right now?

I was assuming they'd just take FFXI's controls and use them for XIV. With all their talk of making it an easy transition for XI players into the new game (IE same races). I loved XI's control system, and wish to god that you don't have to use a mouse for XIV.
    They are like FFXI, I personally love the controls... Only problem I have is camera movement is IJKL, but looks like they are moving them to the arrow keys. I have never been a fan of using the mouse besides in FPS. I really don't care for the movement right now, kind of slugish IMO. But all in all, I think they are great.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Still no talk of mouse use being an option I assume? I just really think they are being stubborn if they don't add it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    Still no talk of mouse use being an option I assume? I just really think they are being stubborn if they don't add it.
    You can use the mouse currently.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Let me rephrase. By use mouse I mean, are you able to use it for camera control, movement, clicking on objects/items/spawn points etc?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

--- Added: 07/26/2010 ---

- The client may crash during a gathering guildleve.

- The server may crash during battle.

- In some specific circumstances, character data is not properly saved and the following may occur:
    ・ Log-in/log-out and Teleport/Return commands become unavailable.
    ・ Character data is rolled back.

--- Added: 7/26/2010 ---

- It may take a while until the durability of equipment is properly displayed.

- The client may crash while moving or during battle.
    * Some of these causes have already been fixed.

- When a player tries to log in for the first time after creating a character, the following error message may be displayed and the subsequent log-in attempt may be rejected.
    * If this error message is displayed, please delete the character and create a new one.

---------------------------------------------------------
     13001 The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
     errCode:3052
     13001 The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
     errCode:3055
    Don't think that bit was posted earlier.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The client may crash during a gathering guildleve.
    everything related with gathering crashes the game. Let's hope they fix it soon

edit: i like the [Planned Adjustments] very very much