+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Yea.

And fuck every time this thread is bumped I get my hopes up that an official NA port may have come out.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Man, I can't remember if I tried this on my old PC or this one, just worried I'd chug like with the Wii emulator. If I'm remembering right, it's just the JP game with NA text patched over stuff with some possible non-translated things?
    With the newer PCSX versions out, GSDX advancements, etc, if you tried it a long time ago I'd try it again. The last time I had PCSX everything was borderline unplayable and the program wasn't really worthwhile. Things have changed and now I manage 60FPS in almost everything that doesn't still have innate problems with the emulator. Except Shadow of the Colossus. That game will not play for me for shit for some reason.

But yes, it's the JP game with a patch for English. As far as I've played it (I'm at Yiazmat now) I haven't ran into any rogue JP text. Patch 0.22 really helped clean things up. Some things like the Guriguri Banban weren't translated to my knowledge, but that's the only thing I've seen so far with placeholder text. Even the bow they added was translated.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Yup, with how comprehensive the patch is I can't imagine how much better an NA port could be considering how well the game scales with high resolutions.

The point was more that with an NA port you could play it on a console and not have to deal with emulation problems (which the PS2 is notorious for).

Except for the main problem PS2 is also notorious for: shitty looking graphics as compared to PCSX at +2048x2048 background resolution. For anyone still wondering if they can run Zodiac on PC. I was running it 100%, with w/e patch it was then, on my old 9800 GT on dual core year or two ago. Still have it on my system, just haven't bothered to play it none.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

It's a good point, if they were to port it at this point it'd be an HD remake for PS3 and you'd just have to pray they made the same effort to upscale it, but yeah in regards to emulating it, PCSX2 has been continually updated and I imagine it's even more accessible at this point.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I would make a big 'ol doodoo in my pants if they gave this game the same treatment they're giving X/X-2.

Until then, upscaled in PCSX2 is the way to go... even though I never quite figured out how to circumvent the weird slow-down and sound corruption I get during most Quickenings (Flame Purge makes my computer catch fire).

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I get during most Quickenings (Flame Purge makes my computer catch fire).
    Odd, I never seemed to have any problems with Quickenings. Especially running like 20some chain Quickenings VS. Demon Wall...

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Flame Purge does the same thing to me. It's something to do with a setting, as I turned it down several times when I knew I'd probably end up using it to avoid the extreme slowdown that comes with it.

Other than that I think I had some mild menu/music lag at a few points during the game. Mostly stuff with an aura like Ixion/etc. Also probably a setting. But it wasn't bad enough to warrant a change.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Set this up and was messing around with it last night. Runs perfectly on current builds of pcsx2. Upscales beautifully.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

'

Here is the game on the latest emu, v0.22 with the stats bumped up to smexy level. lags a bit in menus though it seems, might turn it down just a tad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

NECRO BUMP!

Anyone know someone who went to Distant Worlds in Pittsburgh that may be able to confirm?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

imb4 WIIU

I kid I Kid

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think remaster but Gematsu and NeoGaf and Reddit have some postings.

Edit: X did well, no? Should be just as easy.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Imo they need to release a Vita version, Vita is in need of games (Not saying it needs to come only on vita)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

super hype if this is true

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Remake or remaster? It would be nice to play on vita and ps4 like X

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

HD port is what I'm assuming he means. Will be nice to play the Zodiac version.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Please do it. I need my HD Ashe ass.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

>There are currently 46 users browsing this thread. (15 members and 31 guests)
    Solrain, I see you bro.

Its been yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.

Anyway, with the HD remaster if this ain't just rumors... I really hope they have both versions of the game. I personally enjoy IZJS and will never go back to vanilla but I know a few people who prefer the old license board and IZJS gives no option to use it.