+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

iirc the agility stat made you run faster in vagrant story. i loved the combat sphere system, and the spell effects were bad ass (though magic got kind of weak later on). obviously story was a 10/10, and the minotaur great mace was one of my favorite weapons ever.

as for ff12, i really liked the story and combat system. i used balthier, ashe, and penelo for my team, fuck the rest. would've used bunny chick but she was way cooler in cutscenes than the actual gameplay.

i literally loved FFXII, burned all the way trought it, i just couldn't stop playing.
    did all the hunt up to yazmat, never had time/care to farm the zodiac spear, it's nothing like you can't beat the game without it. actually if you end up having all the hunts done the last boss can stand no more then 2 seconds, at least it did with me.. dying in two hits literally.

yoshida's works with SE are truly amazing, Vagrant Story had this background that makes recent rpg looks like child games (or they are?) and FFT is still my favourite FF of all times. i probably have played it like 10 times, with different setups al the time, ending up having ramza mastered in every job, a female ninja with chantage (immortality GET) and T.G.Cid wrecking the enemy lines.
    also played vagrant story back in the day, and recently started it again ported on my psp.. damn that game was so hard back in the day, i couldn't really figure out shit of the weapon system, the weakness of enemies, etc. must play it again properly i said to myself, so i'm doing it.

back on topic, i would love to play FF12 again, maybe the international zodiac job one, but as fra as i heard is JP ONRY. /sadface
    or is it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd normally roll with Ashe (sword + shield), Bashe (polearm) and Fran (bow/g.katana). No real reason I guess those are just my favourite three to play with.

I love this game to death, however the main bone I have to pick with it is the licence board system, and how it traps you into eventually upgrading most spells/stats/technicks for every character so you're more or less left with everyone having the same shit. Like for example it's a shame you can't learn x technick without having to learn y technick to get to it. It would give the characters a bit more individuality. It didn't ruin the game for me by any means but would've been nice if it had been different. I have smaller gripes, but they're really not worth mentioning *cough*can't dual wield*cough*

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I ran with (when I played) Ashe (sword and board) Fran (Gkt.) and Penelo (for dat' ass and with bow/staff) as my killer group - bubble + zerk and watch em fly!, and usually swapped in Vaan wth a steal macro for new fights when there was actually something useful to be stolen.

I was kinda pissed that the international version got nicer gambits, like the steal until stolen gambit, would would have been fucking amazing to have the first time around. I normally just had my Vaan beat the shit out of people until 20%, then have him continuously try to steal.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I think my most current game save is in that beach town, with a zodiac spear already. Really want to finish that save but I'm really lazy.

Really wanna try the zodiac version, if only so I can actually beat Yaizmat without a power cut. FFXII was a great deal of fun, some nice atmosphere and great music. Made for some good memories back in my first year of uni.

Gah, now I'm tempted to look for it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

FFXII is one of the few games I want to play again years after. Huge worlds to explore, original story (I didnt feel like I was playing a rehash of another rpg), fun battle system...i really don't understand all the bashing.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by m4th_ View Post
    i literally loved FFXII, burned all the way trought it, i just couldn't stop playing.
    did all the hunt up to yazmat, never had time/care to farm the zodiac spear, it's nothing like you can't beat the game without it. actually if you end up having all the hunts done the last boss can stand no more then 2 seconds, at least it did with me.. dying in two hits literally.

yoshida's works with SE are truly amazing, Vagrant Story had this background that makes recent rpg looks like child games (or they are?) and FFT is still my favourite FF of all times. i probably have played it like 10 times, with different setups al the time, ending up having ramza mastered in every job, a female ninja with chantage (immortality GET) and T.G.Cid wrecking the enemy lines.
    also played vagrant story back in the day, and recently started it again ported on my psp.. damn that game was so hard back in the day, i couldn't really figure out shit of the weapon system, the weakness of enemies, etc. must play it again properly i said to myself, so i'm doing it.

back on topic, i would love to play FF12 again, maybe the international zodiac job one, but as fra as i heard is JP ONRY. /sadface
    or is it?
    1) shit yes to all of this. Akihiko Yoshida was really exciting to see on XIV's roster. 2) Lately I try to just let Cid ride the bench in playthroughs because of how hard he fucks everything up. 3) Vagrant Story is on PSP?! 4) FFXII International: Zodiac has an English patch available that makes the game completely playable. As I remember all the voice acting is in English and so with the menus/text patched it's all gravy.

The really awesome thing about XII along with all the obvious stuff is the fast-forward button (think it's L2). Seriously makes clearing out areas with a solid gambit setup a breeze lol

As for actually playing it, you'd need either a modded PS2, a FMCB memory card or use a PS2 emulator to play the game with the patch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    FFXII is one of the few games I want to play again years after. Huge worlds to explore, original story (I didnt feel like I was playing a rehash of another rpg), fun battle system...i really don't understand all the bashing.
    The story in FFXII is pretty much exactly FFIX except replace mist with judges and Steiner with Bosch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That lends the question: who was more annoying? Vaan or Zidane?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Is Vaans "abs" an option?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

so i think i might have mucked up my save. any ideas if there are like gameshark or the jp equiv for the game so i dont lose my 20 hours of power leveling myself
    (remember its the int edition not the normal one)

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    That lends the question: who was more annoying? Vaan or Zidane?
    This isn't even a competition. Vaan. I didn't like Zidane the best but he wasn't that bad.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm trying to think of any RPG character that was more annoying than Vaan. Possibly Leon from Star Ocean 2? At least Leon had a reason...

New Odin
    BG Level

Eh, Vaan to me was always kinda irrelevant and a side character, nothing to be really annoyed about.

All the Star ocean characters annoyed me to no end though, especially in 4. Couldn't play it after a while just because the characters were unbearable.

Also, Hope.

What are you talking about? How could you not like Lymle? She's the best, 'kay?

And Hope is a love or hate character, most hate him at the start, some love him by the end.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Hope is the perfect example (to me) of why you need to reserve judgements till the very end.

HATED Hope at the beginning, but loved him midway and through to the end. What a boss of a little kid.

"Deal with it!" on tier 3 spells = fuck yeah.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah Hope was only annoying at the beginning, but still I hate kids so they're annoying no matter what they do!

And I was thinking of Lymle when I made that post, although Edge Maverick was just as horrible (starting from the name, god damn).

Edge was (especially) terrible after the earth thing, but it's sad when the best characters in SO4 are the ones with absolutely no personality.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The only Edge I officially recognize is from FFXIV.

On topic, though: I'm working on my second playthrough and I keep getting bodied by Fat boy in the sewers. Ol' poison puss never gave me much trouble my first go round, but I'm 0/10 on him this time through.

Any time for beating cuichiciigniaing the unclean?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast